Page 451 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 46223
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Technology.

Printer won't print B&W because I am out of color. Go get color cartridges for $30, still won't print B&W.

Try to print in dark blue, as I have to sign and scan it anyways, no bueno because the YELLOW was 1/4 full!

Don't even get me started on the scanner....

An hour and fifteen minutes to do a simple task because of tech that is supposed to make life easier. I could have driven to their office and back in 20 minutes to handle this.

Fucking thing is still messed up, even with a new cartridge this morning. Guess the head is clogged, too bad Epson in their infinite wisdom made it impossible to clean the head manually.

Should have spent $15 printing shit at Staples last night rather then on a cartridge and paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That makes no sense--if I test them then they'll be empty. : )
    it's the Schrödinger's cat of fire extinguishers.

That's pretty good.

That seems like the same minivan Bobby.

If they're not actually in the car and able to move at a moments notice should a handicap car pull up then I'd be tempted to leave them a little note. They don't seem to be getting it.

Pulling up front to drop off/pick up is different than parking like that.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

If they're not actually in the car and able to move at a moments notice should a handicap car pull up then I'd be tempted to leave them a little note. They don't seem to be getting it.

Maybe they left the baby in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post

Also - devices that consume 1w and have a plug that blocks the second outlet. And plugs that fold closed. If I ever meet the guy who decided that idea presents a net gain in convenience, I hope I'm driving a rental car.
    How about the new Tamper Resistant outlets. I replaced 3/4 of my house with them recently. Jesus Christ you need to be a magician just to plug shit in now.

No. NO. If its not a loading zone, its NOT a loading zone, and very few people understand what a loading zone is, even ones with big signs that say NO PARKING NO WAITING NO IDLING DROP OFF AND PICK UP ONLY.

They think its get out of the car and go in and pick up a snack, or take grandma out of the car (yes, right next to the handicap spot where you COULD actually park,) get grandma into her power chair that must be unloaded from the back of the mini van and this is the first time you have ever done that yourself, and then take grandma up the elevator to her 5th floor doctor appointment. Oh, and wait in line at the receptionist with grandma, too.. ohh crap, they are taking her back already??? well good thing nobody actually polices the loading zones as I am blocked in and spend a hour trying to find out who's mini van is blocking me and my 5 passengers in.

So just don't fucking do it. You, and your passengers are capable of walking in from a parking spot, or a real loading zone. If not, get your own fucking disabled parking permit.

You are not special. Just fucking walk, it will not kill you, I promise.

Oh and, since this has become common, if you are going to take one of my pictures and post it to your own instagram or facebook acccount, I do not mind but please give me credit. Thanks.

I have a friend from hs that regularly posts funny quotes. No attribution though and regularly takes kudos on being funny as if he came up w them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    No. NO. If its not a loading zone, its NOT a loading zone, and very few people understand what a loading zone is, even ones with big signs that say NO PARKING NO WAITING NO IDLING DROP OFF AND PICK UP ONLY.

They think its get out of the car and go in and pick up a snack, or take grandma out of the car (yes, right next to the handicap spot where you COULD actually park,) get grandma into her power chair that must be unloaded from the back of the mini van and this is the first time you have ever done that yourself, and then take grandma up the elevator to her 5th floor doctor appointment. Oh, and wait in line at the receptionist with grandma, too.. ohh crap, they are taking her back already??? well good thing nobody actually polices the loading zones as I am blocked in and spend a hour trying to find out who's mini van is blocking me and my 5 passengers in.

So just don't fucking do it. You, and your passengers are capable of walking in from a parking spot, or a real loading zone. If not, get your own fucking disabled parking permit.

I don't think anyone is actually condoning parking like that, at least any reasonable person.

That was a lot of words to say the same thing I did in my final sentence. You leave the car even if only for 10 feet, its parking. If you pull in as gramma hops out and you can leave at a moments notice it's less of an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Bob, you have any "Vote Piotrowski" stickers left over you could slap on the back window?
    Or just do this.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    I don't think anyone is actually condoning parking like that, at least any reasonable person.
    Bmills just said its ok to park like that if you are just unloading or loading or "waiting" twice!!... in theory, you would move if you are in the way. The problem with that car is that they are blocking the sidewalk cut that people who do not need disabled parking need and some pedestrians, or people who use the fixed route bus, etc, etc. You also would have to be hyper vigilant, because how will you know someone coming needs the disabled parking or should you make someone using their power chair sit out in traffic or in the weather while you back out (can you even see them) so they can use the sidewalk cut to get up to the sidewalk where they are much safer?

All so you/your passengers do not have to walk farther.

That was a lot of words to say the same thing I did in my final sentence. You leave the car even if only for 10 feet, its parking. If you pull in as gramma hops out and you can leave at a moments notice it's less of an inconvenience.
    If you think she said the same thing as you, you need to recalibrate your reading comprehension meter.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Or just do this.
    No, just BEING there is causing issues, people who are so selfish and unaware of the needs of others and the reasons for disabled parking and sidewalk cuts are too oblivious and self absorbed to notice.

You just said it again. "You move if someone needs it" and "you stay vigilant ".

It's really just common sense. If it's not busy and you don't see anyone pulling into the spot or a handicap bus coming then go for it but be prepared to loo like a huge ass if you inconvenience a handicap person. I think 10 seconds in the spot as you kick someone to the curb isn't a big deal.

Situational awareness. Some people just don't have it.

No, just BEING there is causing issues, people who are so selfish and unaware of the needs of others and the reasons for disabled parking and sidewalk cuts are too oblivious and self absorbed to notice.
    I get it that you are used to dealing with the less aware in society so I'll give you a pass.

You should know by now that we're all above average here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If you think she said the same thing as you, you need to recalibrate your reading comprehension meter.
    No not at all. Parts yes but overall no. I mainly commented on parking while she expanded it to parking/stopping/loading. It's arguing black and white vs. grey.

I'm also killing time till lunch arrives.

Bmills just said its ok to park like that if you are just unloading or loading or "waiting" twice!!... in theory, you would move if you are in the way. The problem with that car is that they are blocking the sidewalk cut that people who do not need disabled parking need and some pedestrians, or people who use the fixed route bus, etc, etc. You also would have to be hyper vigilant, because how will you know someone coming needs the disabled parking or should you make someone using their power chair sit out in traffic or in the weather while you back out (can you even see them) so they can use the sidewalk cut to get up to the sidewalk where they are much safer?

All so you/your passengers do not have to walk farther.
    I wouldn't and don't do that but I don't think someone having to wait maybe 20-30 seconds at most for someone to back out of that spot would be something to get that worked up about. It would be a mild annoyance. I wouldn't condone waiting in that spot for someone.

I see much more egregious examples of double parking and waiting vehicles blocking progress in parking lots every day.

No not at all. Parts yes but overall no. It's arguing black and white vs. grey.

I'm also killing time till lunch arrives.
    No, not at all. You are saying that it is ok to stop there and unload a passenger, or even wait there for someone, so long as you stay in your car and vigilant so that you can move when you see that someone needs you to move. She is saying it is not a loading zone, and if you are not handicapped (or picking someone up who is), you should never even stop in that spot to unload someone, and you sure as fuck shouldn't sit there and wait for someone, no matter how vigilant you think you are.

On what planet are those the same thing? Or even arguing over shades of gray? It's all pretty black and white from her perspective. The fact that you don't think it's black and white doesn't mean that she doesn't, or that you guys mostly agree.

I'm not expressing any opinion on the subject matter, just on your notion that you guys mostly agree.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You just said it again. "You move if someone needs it" and "you stay vigilant ".

It's really just common sense. If it's not busy and you don't see anyone pulling into the spot or a handicap bus coming then go for it but be prepared to loo like a huge ass if you inconvenience a handicap person. I think 10 seconds in the spot as you kick someone to the curb isn't a big deal.

Situational awareness. Some people just don't have it.
    because, the time you see you are in the way, you are already inconveniencing someone and the act of you getting out of the way causes inconvenience to others also.

Someone who has serious mobility issues, using a walker, for instance, may be in severe pain. but they have to stand in the street and wait for you to back out.

Even if they aren't in severe pain, or the weather isn't bad. You and I can just walk around anything, step up the curb anywhere, walk through the landscaping, climb over a small embankment, whatever. We do not have to think about it.

People in wheelchairs have to constantly live in a maze of where can they go, and how can they get where they need to be. Someone in a wheel chair might see you blocking the sidewalk cut and immediately go all the way around to the other side of the building because they know there is another ramp there. They might be late for an appointment because of you, but you do not even know it.

I wouldn't and don't do that but I don't think someone having to wait maybe 20-30 seconds at most for someone to back out of that spot would be something to get that worked up about. It would be a mild annoyance. I wouldn't condone waiting in that spot for someone.

I see much more egregious examples of double parking and waiting vehicles blocking progress in parking lots every day.
    its blocking the sidewalk cut (noted by the hash marks). This is the route that a person who cannot make it up a curb has to take. People in wheel chairs have limited pathways that they can take, and it is extremely inconsiderate for skiers to block those pathways, even if they are willing to "move" when they notice they are in someone's way... if you are in a wheel chair, shit is in your way all fucking day long. its an asshole move. Its an inconsiderate, lazy move.

its blocking the sidewalk cut (noted by the hash marks). This is the route that a person who cannot make it up a curb has to take. People in wheel chairs have limited pathways that they can take, and it is extremely inconsiderate for skiers to block those pathways, even if they are willing to "move" when they notice they are in someone's way... if you are in a wheel chair, shit is in your way all fucking day long. its an asshole move. Its an inconsiderate, lazy move.
    Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn't park there or wait there if I were to drop someone off there? I might drop off my elderly mother or father there but I wouldn't wait for them and would drive out and find a spot in the outer lot.

It's all pretty black and white from her perspective.

I'm not expressing any opinion on the subject matter, just on your notion that you guys mostly agree.
    I said it's black and white vs. grey. She's black and white I'm grey.

Maybe you missed my updated post.

She says it's never ok to stop/stand/park in the hash spot. I said it is if you stay behind the wheel, and stay vigilant - which she concedes, as I pointed out, but that most people don't do that so she reverts to black and white.

Either way this has gone on too far.

I'm off to go to the local Home Depot parking lot to leave notes on illegal parkers while yelling shame at people from behind the wheel at a hashed off spot with my head on a fucking swivel.

Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn't park there or wait there if I were to drop someone off there? I might drop off my elderly mother or father there but I wouldn't wait for them and would drive out and find a spot in the outer lot.
    WHY WOULD YOU BLOCK THE SIDEWALK CUT TO DROP OFF YOUR RELATIVE THAT LIKEKY NEEDS THE FUCKING SIDEWALK CUT!?

If you illegally "load" or "wait" or whatever bmills thinks is okay, in the handicap spot at least you are blocking people sitting in cars!

It's all pretty black and white from her perspective.

I said it's black and white vs. grey. She's black and white I'm grey.

Maybe you missed my updated post.

My original comment that she used "a lot of words to say the same thing" went to my OP that parking is not cool in these spots. She expanded the ok/not ok way outside my original comment to include other types of vehicular rest.

She says it's never ok to stop/stand/park in the hash spot. I said it is if you stay behind the wheel, and stay vigilant - which she concedes, as I pointed out, but that most people don't do that so she reverts to black and white.

Either way this has gone on too far.

I'm off to go to the local Home Depot parking lot to leave notes on illegal parkers while yelling shame at people from behind the wheel at a hashed off spot with my head on a fucking swivel.