Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Jeans Should I Buy?

I was pretty sure there was a thread about this at some point but a search didn't turn it up.

I'm hard to fit - my thighs are really big compared to my waist, so I need a pretty loose fit.

I'm currently ~32" waist with a 30" inseam. Any "straight leg" or "regular fit" pants I buy in a waist size that's not too big are way too tight in the legs.

I tried some Levis 569s and even they were too tight. Levis doesn't spell it out, but I'm guessing the 569 is their roomiest fit? They also have the 559 "Relaxed fit" and 560 "comfort fit."

What other brands don't cost a fortune and are cut generously in the legs? I hate paying more than $50 for jeans and I'm not particular about the brand. Hell, the ones i'm wearing now I bought at Goodwill. They're Levis and fit good, but apparently a style they don't make any more as they don't have a number, they just say "signature series" and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

PM iceman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Carhartt
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

My current fave jeans are my Prana's. Got em off theclymb.com a while back for like 30 or 40 bucks.

I have big legs as well, and have some luck with levis 559.

I'd give Nordstrom rack a try. I've had $110 jeans there last me for yeeeears, and they're marked down to $40-50.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Carhartt
    Seconded. Same body type at 35"waist and 34" inseam, & their loose fit is perfect.
    Last edited by BCMountainHound; 03-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.

I like the 560's best. Lottsa room inthe thigh. I'm 34x34.

A bit more spendy (~ $75ish), but the ones I buy for my husband of similar build are Polo Classic fit or Lucky 181 Relaxed fit. (for a less rugged look than Carharrt's). I haven't bought him any 560s, but I'll have to try those too. He'd probably prefer that brand. (and to spend less money -- I don't really tell him how much they are or he'd croak. But I kept bringing home all kinds of jeans for him to try and none fit right, so had to go with the more expensive ones.)
    Last edited by hikesalot; 03-26-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Levi's signature series is the line they make cheap for Walmart. You can probably still get those if you want to support the devil.

walk into a Levi's store and explain your issue...

Quote Originally Posted by keipow View Post
    walk into a Levi's store and explain your issue...
    Mount your own god damn jeans!

Hugh Conway wears these. Actually, I think he's the Pro Rep for NorCal.

They're far more Adverse than Hugh surely.

Na, SOB wears the skinny jeans. These are more Cali Chicano.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Levi's signature series is the line they make cheap for Walmart. You can probably still get those if you want to support the devil.
    I dont know you from a hole in the wall, but I think i love you...

Walmart is the DEVIL....

Anyway..onto the pants. I am pretty sure the 560 is what i used to wear when i bought levis. I too have the thick thighs deal. Ive since mostly gone to wearing non jeans (fav now is the slacker pant by kuhl HUGE crotch gusset). The jeans i do have are the cheapest shit ever. I wear the wrangler carpenter pants that you get from Target. PLENTY big in the thigh area. I think they cost about $15 a pair.

Good luck.

Just walk into Walmart and buy the Wranglers. It's a no brainer. Done in five minutes. It's all foreign shit so why pretend your too good to buy it from Walmart.
    off your knees Louie

Hammer time.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Just walk into Walmart and buy the Wranglers. It's a no brainer. Done in five minutes. It's all foreign shit so why pretend your too good to buy it from Walmart.
    Not true. My good buddy makes these wonderful tribute SF videos.

"One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Try LL Bean

Not true. My good buddy makes these wonderful tribute SF videos.
    Maybe they should of made a cheaper tribute and passed the savings to the customer.
    $220 a pair is pretty special.
    anyway jean shopping is something I pay attention to. I get to a place to buy jeans maybe 3 times a year. I do not like to shop like try shit on. I am built like the OP a little thinner so 30 x 30. I always bought Kirkland at Costco great fit. Than for some reason they quit selling that size. Wranglers are close in fit. So now in and out of Walmart.
    I did just buy a pair of Eddie Bauer Classic Fit jeans at the outlet store in Denver. Good fit. Made in Mexico. I would rather shop the Wal Mart in Juneau.
    off your knees Louie

Levis 560 Comfort fit has always been the best fit for my thunder thighs / tele leg.

If you've got time to comb through nearby VV or Goodwill, maybe do so? quality brands on the cheap if you look well and long enough.

Filson's a quality company from here, and fit to somewhat what you're looking for. I picked up a pair with dual layers on the knee and wear them more than bulky carhartts. After ski season my 32x30 Levi's fit like girl pants around my thighs and are loose at the waist, but my carhartts and filsons fit loose and sit on the hips all year long.

I am guessing you must be a wife asking this question for her husband. Or a homosexual. If you are a homosexual then you already know more than anyone around here can offer.

I am physically constructed somewhat like your husband and Marty buys my dungarees at Silverado Mercantile in Ketchum. $8 or so and they get me through 2 pheasant seasons.