Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    One stop jean shopping for the wifey.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Maybe they should of made a cheaper tribute and passed the savings to the customer.
    $220 a pair is pretty special.
    anyway jean shopping is something I pay attention to. I get to a place to buy jeans maybe 3 times a year.
    I didn't say they were cheap, I was just pointing out they aren't "all made in china". You won't catch me wearing a pair mainly because I can't afford it, but I'd rather pay $220 for a pair of jeans hand crafted in sf than $300 for a pair from china, if you're in that market. I'll stick with lucky.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    What does way too tight mean?
    If you're not washing them after every wear (which I know none of us are) they'll stretch out and fit perfect. That's part of the break in period and why jeans are the best.

Wranglers. They are only too tight when you first buy them, and when you wash them. So really, only when you first buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll have to find some place that carries the 560s. Fred Meyer has Wranglers and Lee, so guess I'll give them a try too.

Last time I checked Carhartt jeans were pretty spendy. Was that place just ripping people off? As a commercial electrician it seems that Carhartts are required workwear on the jobsites among all the trades but I found their dungarees just don't last all that long, at least not long enough to justify the expense so I gave up on them and just wore jeans. I don't work in the field any more so need something a little less "work-wear."

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Just walk into Walmart and buy the Wranglers. It's a no brainer. Done in five minutes. It's all foreign shit so why pretend your too good to buy it from Walmart.
    Lots of stores I'll shop at sell cheap chinese shit. It isn't about where it's made, it's about the ethics of the retailer. I will never step foot in a Walmart unless there's some really damned good reason to, and so far I've never found one.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    One stop jean shopping for the wifey.

Damn, those things look painted on!

...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

^ They are! Spray on skinny jeans!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ns-a-joke.html

Yeah, I know. Thus the winky.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Damn, those things look painted on!

Now that's what Conway was singin' about

I am a 36x36 in Carhartts and they are a little long. I only like their Logger jeans with the double knees. All their other jeans and duck pant seem too tight in the thighs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I am guessing you must be a wife asking this question for her husband. Or a homosexual. If you are a homosexual then you already know more than anyone around here can offer.

I am physically constructed somewhat like your husband and Marty buys my dungarees at Silverado Mercantile in Ketchum. $8 or so and they get me through 2 pheasant seasons.
    Ernest would never write "physically constructed somewhat like..."

Check out Lee's and maybe Columbia jeans if nothing from Levi fit.

Lucky 181

Not cheap, but they work.

I had same problem, Gap used to have a great wide jean, then Old Navy started selling. Had a frustrating shopping day where I tried 7 stores, and couldn't sit in any jean. Wife talked me into Lucky, and although pricey, I am now hooked.....and they work for the thigh problem.
    Donjoy to the World!

Dickies. They take forever to break in, but they last a long time.

I'm surprised so many people who own thousands of dollars of ski equipment cheap out on jeans so easily. I think, if you know what you're doing, and don't get wannabe designer jeans, you get your best bang for the buck between $50 and $150. Tough, gonna work in them = Kuhl (a bit over priced because they are in outdoor stores, but nice pants) or Carhart type stuff. Everything else go to norsdroms rack and get a pair you can put on with a sweater and go out to a nice dinner.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Check out Lee's and maybe Columbia jeans if nothing from Levi fit.
    JUST SAY NOT TO LEE JEANS! The same applies to the cheap, discount store version of wranglers.

Cinch is maybe the roomiest jeans i've found, and will stand up to some work.

Check out Cavenders.com

Are you looking for blue or white?

These are pretty nice:

http://www.gorsuch.com/product/summe...ortby=ourPicks

^This right here.

Kirkland Signature from Costco for $13.99 have lots of thigh room

[QUOTE][Kirkland Signature from Costco for $13.99 have lots of thigh room/QUOTE]
    that is the correct answer. If they still sold 30x30 I would never enter Walmart. They do sell a 32x30.
    off your knees Louie

509 STF (shrink to fit) selvedge for less than $100. Buy one size up mb for your legs. Wear for a bit raw and then take a shower or bath in them to get them all nice and perfect.

Lee makes some really nice jeans, they're just hard to find.

Tellason does make a good jean, esp. with Cone Mills Denim (NC) and assembling in the US (CA) with Tanner Goods Leather Patches (OR). Too bad most of the old shuttle looms got packed up and shipped off in the name of efficiency in the Industrious USA. Most were bought by textile factories in Japan who started doing a ton of original levi design repro's with beautiful denim. Which spawned the heritage movement which brought us right round to where we started with a premium on US made product and is echoed by the resurgence of Levis Vintage Clothing which is a great line (esp. the 1947). If you like Tellason, highly recommend Raleigh as another Made in the USA brand doing some really nice things.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Are you looking for blue or white?

These are pretty nice:

http://www.gorsuch.com/product/summe...ortby=ourPicks
    Amazing how they pack that much quality in and still keep them under $600.00

30x30. Are you people elves?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    30x30. Are you people elves?
    I'm more like an undersized troll.