At least the guy who died had fun before "the fall"

....sorry he died though

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

it was only a matter of time. vibes.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

How'd he die? Wil-E-Coyote impersonation?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It was odd when those people started making out.

^ kiss of death?

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    How'd he die? Wil-E-Coyote impersonation?
    Article I read said he miscalculated the rope length. So yes.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

http://fox13now.com/2013/03/25/one-d...e-swing-stunt/

GRAND COUNTY, Utah — A 22-year-old man died Sunday afternoon as he attempted to use a rope swing at Corona Arch in Grand County.

Kyle D. Stocking of West Jordan died because the length of the rope he and some friends were using at the arch had been miscalculated, according to a press release from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.

Stocking and his friends had hiked to the arch and set up the rope swing at about 3:30 p.m., the release said.

Officials from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office, Grand County Search and Rescue, Grand County EMS and St. Mary’s Careflight all responded to the scene and assisted in the recovery of Stocking’s body.

YouTube user “devinsupertramp” made a rope swing video at Corona Arch and posted it in February of 2012. It has since been viewed more than 17 million times.

It would really move into Wile Coyote territory if the arch collapsed on top of one of those Mountain Dew screamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It would really move into Wile Coyote territory if the arch collapsed on top of one of those Mountain Dew screamers.

with the road runner zipping in to eat the bird seed b4 the collapse.
    watch out for snakes

That video is beyond retarted

Wonder if he had a GoPro on.....bet so.

Not that is causes it, but it is a contributor. People have been doing static rope stuff for 20 years now, and certainly it can be done safe......but people tend to screw up too. Anyone remember Dan Osman (Tahoe dude, Outside article on the story, etc).

Just pointing out, it is different now. Dan and his crew, back then, were doing it to do it. Now I bet these kids were hoping for 17M views on YouTube.

Sucks for friends and family......vibes to those involved.
    Donjoy to the World!

@ :31 seconds!

i'm going to just work on having fun today.
    bF

Wow, so sad, but was only a matter of time since it is such an iconic rock formation that is so easily accessible. I wonder if they used dynamic line instead of static and didn't factor in rope stretch? So sad, and I have the deepest sympathy for the families involved, but some of the articles on this incident are actually directly blaming the previous youtube ropeswing videos for what happened here and thats just not ok. You cant protect people from themselves, and as a whole our culture really needs to move away from the 'place the blame on someone else' mentality and start taking personal responsibility for our own actions.

Hugh Conway Guest
    If the previous video really did use a rigger to setup, it would have been nice to mention that.

Bullshit. Haven't you ever heard of kodak courage? Its been a a factor for a lot longer than GoPro has been around. No body forced the kid to try it, he wanted to do it and he did. Unfortunately, he messed up and it cost him his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post

Not that is causes it, but it is a contributor. People have been doing static rope stuff for 20 years now, and certainly it can be done safe......but people tend to screw up too. Anyone remember Dan Osman (Tahoe dude, Outside article on the story, etc).

Just pointing out, it is different now. Dan and his crew, back then, were doing it to do it. Now I bet these kids were hoping for 17M views on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    If the previous video really did use a rigger to setup, it would have been nice to mention that.

There's like a 20 minute 'the making of' for the first video that explains everything

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    I wonder if they used dynamic line instead of static and didn't factor in rope stretch?
    That's really the only logical explanation given the "miscalculation of rope length" cause of death. If they guy just eye balled it and said - eh looks to be about 50 feet. Well then that would be one for the Darwin awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post

All true for sure but I knew Osman bitd and he was all about filming his antics actually. Not shy around a camera for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Rope swings get bitches wet. Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    All true for sure but I knew Osman bitd and he was all about filming his antics actually. Not shy around a camera for sure.
    Yeah, it's not like the guy was underground in the world of crazy. I saw a video of him doing this climb he rigged to zipper 4 or 5 cams in a row when he fell. He's light years better than Dean Potter though.

Only one big chunk in the middle. Rope still tied. little puff of dust........mormons............

So, not the same group shown in the vid, correct?

And yea I would say it would suck the most for those who were there to see it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    And yea I would say it would suck the most for those who were there to see it.
    The dead guy would probably disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    ^ kiss of death?
    In a manner of speaking - he had just proposed marriage and she accepted. See 2:45 of The Making Of.