Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    We have an oversize 3 car, attached to the house -- but only really shares walls with the house on about 20 linear feet of wall. Garage doors are insulated and windowless. Walls are 2x6, (I think insulated), and walls & ceiling are finished with sheetrock. The attic space overhead has no insulation in it -- it's used as storage.

It's really cold in that garage in winter. I'll occasionally use a small electric space heater when I have to be out there during cold temps, but usually just suck it up and dress warmly.

I may get around to putting in some fiberglass batts in the attic. I don't want to lose the storage space up there though, so I don't want to fill the attic full of insulation -- it doesn't cover any of the living space in the house, so it doesn't really matter if the garage is cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Attic is open and accessible and would prefer to keep it that way
    If this is the case, make sure you have a good way to recirculate the air at a pretty high volume or you'll spend shitloads of money just heating the peaked area of your garage (i.e. a ceiling fan on crack).
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season