Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Utah Pass Wars Pricing Coming??

Has anyone heard of any other Utah resorts getting into the "pass war" pricing for next season?? Snowbasin did it this past season with $449 early pass prices. They're already doing next season passes at that price again however that price ends mid April. I know they sold a ton of passes this season with that. Are they anticipating other resorts doing this and wanting to lock people in or something??

Given we have some of the highest prices in the West it was definetly nice not having to drop 1K on a pass for a change...some major drawbacks though, can you imagine Bird passes being $500 how much more crowded that would be beyond the heavy traffic it now gets!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

It constantly blows my mind that for the price of a single Alta/Bird pass you could get passes to:

Vail
    Beaver Creek
    Breck
    Keystone
    A-Basin
    Northstar
    Heavenly
    Kirkwood
    Winter Park
    Copper
    Eldora
    Loveland
    Mt Brighton and Afton Alps ...
    +3 days at Verbier
    +6 days at Steamboat
    +6 days at Monarch
    +3 days at Durango
    +1 day at Silverton
    +2 days at Aspen/Snowmass
    +2 days at Alta/Bird
    +2 days at Squaw/Alpine Meadows
    +2 days at Jackson
    +2 days at Whistler
    +2 days at Mammoth

Unlimited skiing at 14 resorts and 31 free days at 14 other resorts for less than the price of an Alta/Bird pass...

I hope for your guys sake that they get into a COesque price war.

Quote Originally Posted by georgio View Post
    It constantly blows my mind that for the price of a single Alta/Bird pass you could get passes to:

Vail
    Beaver Creek
    Breck
    Keystone
    A-Basin
    Northstar
    Heavenly
    Kirkwood
    Winter Park
    Copper
    Eldora
    Loveland
    Mt Brighton and Afton Alps ...
    +3 days at Verbier
    +6 days at Steamboat
    +6 days at Monarch
    +3 days at Durango
    +1 day at Silverton
    +2 days at Aspen/Snowmass
    +2 days at Alta/Bird
    +2 days at Squaw/Alpine Meadows
    +2 days at Jackson
    +2 days at Whistler
    +2 days at Mammoth

Unlimited skiing at 14 resorts and 31 free days at 14 other resorts for less than the price of an Alta/Bird pass...

I hope for your guys sake that they get into a COesque price war.
    It's amazing that, for the price of a Porsche, you could get like 90 golf carts....

I was kind of hoping pass prices would go up.

Quote Originally Posted by alTAos View Post
    It's amazing that, for the price of a Porsche, you could get like 90 golf carts....
    It's more like for the price of a Porsche you could get 28 mid size sedans...

There are definitely some golf carts on that list...northstar? compared to snowbird? i'm going ferrari and golf cart.

so meet in the middle, 45 golf carts, 14 mid sized sedans and you can test drive a ferrari three times a year....or...just own the porsche, i'll take the porsche

Quote Originally Posted by alTAos View Post
    There are definitely some golf carts on that list...northstar? compared to snowbird? i'm going ferrari and golf cart.

so meet in the middle, 45 golf carts, 14 mid sized sedans and you can test drive a ferrari three times a year....or...just own the porsche, i'll take the porsche
    But think about how much of a badass you look like when your friends come over and you have 45 golf carts and 14 mid sized sedans parked in your driveway!!!

Nobody cares that you don't ski Alta...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

supply and demand + deep pockets. colorado has 3x the skier days as utah. sinclair/sunvalley has deep pockets and plays for the long haul!!!

Alta is no Porsche

With those lifts, constant sidestep traversing, and bro-bratitude, its more like a camero

But think about how much of a badass you look like when your friends come over and you have 45 golf carts and 14 mid sized sedans parked in your driveway!!!
    Great point, i need to rethink this.

What's the wait for the Ferrari these days? 4+ cabins on a pow day?

Would love to see some type of price war start up. Although a Utah EpicPass is unlikely, maybe get the Canyons/Solitude pass started with a few days at Pow Mow???

Edit: Curious how 'Boat, BC, Verbier and Kirkwood are golf carts, but that's for another dick swinging thread....

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Alta is no Porsche

With those lifts, constant sidestep traversing, and bro-bratitude, its more like a camero
    I was thinking IROC, so we're on the same page.

Alta is no Porsche

You are right, giant PIA, avoid at all costs.

With 175,000 on the clock and they all rhyme with Kia.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Back on topic I doubt pass wars would happen could you imagine how crowded the resorts would be if passes were 450 for the cottonwoods. Then we would complaining about the crowds instead of pass prices. A better locals deal would be sweet.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Pass wars have arrived to Utah...sort of....it's getting a little more competitive finally I guess:

$999 for Brighton and Soli
    $679 Epic Pass and Canyons
    $479 still at Snowbasin.
    $999 for the Snowbird +3 @Alta/DV/PC

More to come........

wait!!!! i wanted a dodge!!!!!

Utah's biggest problem is legal weed in the state right next door. Let's see, should I take my ski trip or bum in a place where beer is weak and I could do jail time for a few joints, or in a place where beer is plentiful and weed and edibles are legal and plentiful? Hmmmmmmm.........

Alta is no Porsche

Bitchin' Camero to you!
    carpe diem vita brevis

It's all about what you go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Utah's biggest problem is legal weed in the state right next door. Let's see, should I take my ski trip or bum in a place where beer is weak and I could do jail time for a few joints, or in a place where beer is plentiful and weed and edibles are legal and plentiful? Hmmmmmmm.........
    Yes, harder to get a drink and weed, but in Colorado the typical season is highlighted by a 15-20" powder day. Here, that is a typical week.

What do you go ski for? For some people it's the party. For some people it's the food. For some people its the snow.

Lot's of choices, and seeing some economy come to those choices works well for my self interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Here, that is a typical week.
    ya too bad all of gods creation is aware of that

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Yes, harder to get a drink and weed, but in Colorado the typical season is highlighted by a 15-20" powder day. Here, that is a typical week.

What do you go ski for? For some people it's the party. For some people it's the food. For some people its the snow.

Lot's of choices, and seeing some economy come to those choices works well for my self interests.
    Weak beer, they are kidding right? I happen to ski for the snow as I can party anywhere but; Wasatch has the Devastator at 8%, Squatters Hop Rising is 9%, and Squatters Outer darkness is 10.5%. My head hurts just thinking about them. Ok so the State Stores are closed on Sunday, after having a few of these on Saturday I ain't drinking on the sabbath anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Weak beer, they are kidding right? I happen to ski for the snow as I can party anywhere but; Wasatch has the Devastator at 8%, Squatters Hop Rising is 9%, and Squatters Outer darkness is 10.5%. My head hurts just thinking about them. Ok so the State Stores are closed on Sunday, after having a few of these on Saturday I ain't drinking on the sabbath anyway.
    The Sabbath is Saturday, gentile!

And insert requisite "keep moving on, nothing to see here" Utah reference.

If I was that concerned about partying and skiing I'd situate myself around Baker with trips to Whistler.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Epic Brewing downtown is open on Sundays, cold highpoint 22oz all day everyday. Some of their beers are almost too damn strong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums