Touring SLC area March 28-April 8

Hey everyone,

I'm a travelling musician ski bum and I'll be in SLC skiing March 28 - April 8th. I'd really love to meet some new friends to tour with. Most of my other friends in the area are Irish musicians who don't ski enough...

I grew up skiing Vermont but I lived in SLC 08 09 with an Alta Bird pass and mostly skied with my best friend who I shared an apartment with. We started doing sidecountry that year but since then I've been getting more and more into touring. Since then I've done Shasta, bit o' Turnagain pass, Teton Pass, Bridger bowl area, 25 short in Teton national park...

I'm not the fastest hiker in the world, but I'm steady and I do get there. My setup has been heavy (line ep pros, barons, alpine boots). Finally after a lot of tough slogging I've finally plunked down for the upgrade and while I don't want to place blame for my speed in the equipment department I'm pretty sure I'll improve my uphill time with touring skis/boots and dynafits. (Anyone got recommendations for best bootfitter / place to get dynafits mounted?)

I am fine with skiing with exposure, a bit less comfortable hiking with extreme exposure (I'll probably still do it but I'm not trying to get into intense climbing because I have tendonitis in my right wrist). I like cliffs in good snow but not 50 foot ones. I haven't taken any Avy 1 courses, mainly due to my (music) touring schedule. (I'm making it a priority for next year). I have practiced digging out beacons and I'm good sticking with the group and with backcountry etiquette. I am a musician so not getting injured is really a priority, but I'm ok with steep and tight.

If you need a buddy on any of those days or would be willing to let me join a small group anytime during that time that'd be awesome. I do have a place to stay so I'm good on that but I would definitely get you some Epic beers. I will be out there with my car so I am mobile. safety breaks ok.

If you're interested in my music I'm playing a bunch of shows including bluegrass on the plaza deck (@ snowbird center, they must mean the tram deck??) at snowbird on April 6th 2pm-5. This isn't a promotional post (if it was I'd list my other shows where attendance dictates $) but if you're interested in more fiddle music email me at andyreinerfiddle@gmail.com and I will send you more concerts I'm playing.

Thanks for reading,
    -Andy

Seein as you're from beantown and possibly Irish , i'll give ya a shout if/when I get out over the next couple weeks if you want to join. Feel free to pm.

I'm rehabing a knee injury so might be sticking to a bit more mellow terrain than you're probably hoping to get into but I'm out touring 5+ mornings a week. Hit me up if you want to go for a stroll.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Feel free to PM me for a tour

on EP Pros with Gaurdians so we are the same pace.
    Last edited by F#*k You Cat; 03-22-2013 at 09:24 AM.

I'm actually totally ok with mellow terrain, I just love getting out skiing and would rather not buy lift tickets if I can be hiking with good people! Thanks guys, PMs coming.