Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I made the opposite relocation-Seattle to Truckee. Day tripping to Baker always felt like too much drive time to me. Stevens or Crystal felt like a decent amount of bang for the buck. I'd rather drive to Whistler for long weekend once a month than make two round trips to Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfyTurns View Post
    f it's Tahoe vibes you're searching for, the only place that gets close to it, IMO, is Baker.
    I'm struggling to imagine what Tahoe and Baker could possibly have in common at all. Other than the fact you can ski in both places.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I'm struggling to imagine what Tahoe and Baker could possibly have in common at all
    douchebags

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    douchebags
    Ah so. Been awhile since I was at Baker.

I wonder, if you took pretty much any ski ares on a mid-season saturday and measured the douchebag quotient per capita, would there be much variation or would most trend pretty closely?

I wouldn't say douche. Just a bunch of cool guys. As in cool clothes, cool skis. it even goes as far as the Hipster lifestyle where you try to be un cool just to be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TGR Forums
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Hugh Conway Guest
    I wonder, if you took pretty much any ski ares on a mid-season saturday and measured the douchebag quotient per capita, would there be much variation or would most trend pretty closely?
    there's a mountain collective ... and an other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Hop told me that they made a sticker that says go north hwy 542
    The next one will be sure to say "Go Fuck Yourself 542" Muhahahahaha
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

What Baker and Suaw have in common: Fairly steep in places, tracked out by 11:00 am

I skied squaw for about 5 years. Crystal is the most resort like mtn. Ski leases are rare. Mt baker, Stevens and alpy all are unique in pnw way. Powder lasts longer than it does at squaw and après ski isn't nearly what it is there. We have more powder days , better storm day skiing but less sunny spring skiing....

douchebags
    It's a common misconception that squaw is 'douchey.' It's a show. And it's fun. Maybe the Bay Area crowd gets a little obnoxious (and not all of them), but a mid-week powder day is really ski-focused and full of good vibes. Squaw just suffers from being way too crowded these days.

From what I've heard here, it sounds like whistler & stevens/baker is a winning combo. Ill miss the spring corn cycles here in the sierras, but after this year, I'd rather have more storm days than sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Squalpine View Post
    Um. I am a girl. I know. Weird.
    A girl!?!? Nice. So you maybe wanna grab a drink or something maybe, ya know, if your up for it?

No to Stevens dont waste ur time. Crystal is where its at and it doesnt take any longer to get there.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalpine View Post
    It's a common misconception that squaw is 'douchey.' It's a show. And it's fun. Maybe the Bay Area crowd gets a little obnoxious (and not all of them), but a mid-week powder day is really ski-focused and full of good vibes.
    so you are a girl who likes getting hit on by douchebags. You'll love whistler and baker.

Move to the east side, get a pass @ Alpental ($400), be in the lot in under 45 min from your front door, top of chair 2 in 1 hour. Play down south at Crystal when you need a change of scenery or when it dumps there, about 90 min away. baker and Stevens trips are fun but 3hrs to baker and dealing with hwy 2 for Stevens makes alpy and crystal the spots to flex the arteryxx.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Move to the east side, get a pass @ Alpental ($400), stand in the chair two lift line for 45+ min, top of chair 2 in 1.5 hours. Realize bc is closed and there are only 200 acres of inbounds terrain.
    Fixed for bobby.

more than likely this^ unless you get lucky.

Just trying to lure some Cali split tail to lot 4....

so you are a girl who likes getting hit on by douchebags like me. You'll love whistler and baker.
    FIFY.....

Squapine, the reason they are being more douchy than usual is because just about every month there is a new I am moving to Seattle, where should I ski, where should I live, does it really rain all the time? thread.

Search, and you will find everyone's opinion.

Move to the east side, get a pass @ Alpental ($400), be in the lot in under 45 min from your front door, top of chair 2 in 1 hour. Play down south at Crystal when you need a change of scenery or when it dumps there, about 90 min away. baker and Stevens trips are fun but 3hrs to baker and dealing with hwy 2 for Stevens makes alpy and crystal the spots to flex the arteryxx.
    you're just trying to get a date.....

you're just trying to get a date.....
    Bingo!

She sounds hot from her typing style, I can tell.

Hey. Sent you a pm.

Btw, I'm a girl too, so I won't buy you dinner, sorry
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

I'm amazed you've dared to come asking for such informations with out any back ground statistics,
    1, what bra size are you?
    2, how often do you go out not wearing knickers?
    3, everyone on TGR loves to bonk on the 1st date, what are your thoughts and views on that?
    After you've answered the above questions we'll be able to give you a more suitable answer,
    Do you fancy a date?
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by jesski View Post
    Hey. Sent you a pm.

Btw, I'm a girl too, so I won't buy you dinner, sorry
    I'm just gonna put this out there, if you like it you can take it if you don't you can send it right back.....how about the 3 of us go out for a nice seafood dinner?

I'm just gonna put this out there, if you like it you can take it if you don't you can send it right back.....how about the 3 of us go out for a nice seafood dinner?
    Hahaha. Oh, the ski community is just downright ridiculous.

I'd like to point out how awesome it is:
    (a) that you'd use that quote, and
    (b) that you're probably 40% serious.

Party on, Maggots, Party on.
    "In the end, these things matter most: how well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?" - Buddha

"Come back alive, come back as friends, get to the top-in that order." -Mark Twight

I am moving to Seattle from Portland and appreciate this thread. I am not here to pick up women.

That said, how long does it take to get to Crystal from, say, Auburn?

Are the lines just that awful at Alpental?
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums