I WAS SCAMMED HERE ON GEAR SWAP BY BCASSASSIN AKA KEVIN KENT

With the JJ (Jesse Jones) scam threads resurfacing I thought it important to out another fucker for scamming, BCASSASSIN aka Kevin Kent in Helena MT.

The guy mostly posted at newschoolers so I started a thread there last week, his address and telephone # can be found there (link here) but need to warn the TGR community as well.

Basically I sent the fucker a money order for $110 for a pieps freeride beacon on Feb 7th ( I know the Pieps is a POS, but it was intended for inbounds solo skiing out west) The fucker received and cashed the MO (verified by my bank) and never sent the beacon as I havn't received it. Despite the fact that this dude seamed legit based on feedback here and mostly on Newschoolers I won the lottery for being the guy he decided to turn his ways on. Doesn't make sense why this guy turned, he seamed legit, he's apparently a dad with two kids and posted over 1300 times at newschoolers in about a year. He asked for the MO in protest of Paypal fees and I figured it would be cool. I was wrong.

Basically radio silence from the guy, he did not respond to any PM's or emails I've sent over the last month. He stopped logging into TGR and Newschoolers. I got his cell number at newschoolers, called the fucker and as soon as he realized who he was talking to, he quickly hung up the phone and hasn't answered it again.

Don't know what it is with these fuckers be it JJ and now KK, but to fuck your reputation and potentially your ability to walk without a limp over a $110 just doesn't make sense.

Anyways, if somebody in Helena knows the fucker maybe you could chime in if you have any info as to what happened to this guy. I could only think of him being busted for growing pot which he brilliantly declares in his newschooler profile, or perhaps he picked up a meth habit? fucked if I know, but what I do know is I'm out $110, I don't have a beacon I wanted and paid for and most importantly make sure that you don't deal with Kevin Kent in Helena MT he is a SCAMMER!

When has sending anyone a money order ever been a good idea?

And maybe the 4th or 5th comment down on NSers cracks me up... "call up his house, if u know his name or any other info call his parents..."
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    When has sending anyone a money order ever been a good idea?
    Agreed, I just paid $110 tuition to learn that lesson

How much time has elapsed since this transaction began to now? When did you send the money order? Are you in canackistan?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    How much time has elapsed since this transaction began to now? When did you send the money order? Are you in canackistan?
    Issue is the dude is totally non responsive and evading communication. Yes in Canada, money order shipped on Feb 7th, item was to be shipped on Feb 8th. I think I know where your going with this but in my experience USPS Priority Mail which he was supposed to use, usually take less than a week to arrive and regular mail less than 2 weeks. In 10 + years of receiving packages from the US using USPS I have never had one not arrive in more than 200 + deliveries, and in that sample group only twice has a package taken much longer than two weeks, one of which was because of a postal strike - approximately 5 week and once a package was clearly lost in transit from west coast to east coast and arrive in 6 weeks (this was regular mail not priority).

I ship a lot of stuff to Canada for work via USPS International Priority. Major issue with that shipping service is that it's not very trackable once it leaves the US. You'll see that the item arrive in LA, then the next thing you see is that it was delivered.

Out of 10,000+ shipments, we've seed roughly 5% of shipments disappear and go "undelivered". Because of what we sell and the number of shipments, I don't believe our customers are lying and saying they did not receive the shipments. Sure...some are, but most are not.

The fact that the seller hasn't responded is not good at all, but keep in mind that he could have shipped the Pieps, only to have it hung up somewhere along the line. 5 weeks suggests that it is lost or not shipped in the first place, but with the poor tracking on that service, you never know.

Give the guy a shot to get back online and make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post

Give the guy a shot to get back online and make it right.
    Agreed, however he's been online and has logged onto the newschooler site several times after my first and then subsequent communications questioning his shipping date and no response (you can see my initial correspondences to him on the newschooler thread), so guaranteed he has seem my emails and PM's and has had several shots to respond.

As far as giving the guy a shot to make it right, I encourage him to do so in every email I've sent him, which is now at a pace of about 2 a week, yesterdays email to the dude made reference to the JJ threads here on TGR with a warning that this thread would be started, again no response, here is my email to him:

"---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Subject: Re: KEVIN KENT IS A THIEF SCAMMER LIAR
    To: Kevin Kent <mtbackcountry7@gmail.com>, deucekilo7@gmail.com

DUDE THIS IS NOT GOING AWAY. Newschoolers are tame compared to the TGR gang

You are now in the same category as Jesse Jones and with the 3 year old threads about JJ resurfacing, people are just going to love you KK. Later today your scam goes live on TGR so that you can join JJ on that forum.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-by-jessejones
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ones-seriously

You can very easily correct this situation by replying to my threads or emails and making this right. It's no longer about the money as the time I have spent on you is far greater than the $110 you stole from me.

Make this right or TGR and Newschoolers will eat you alive. 4 years latter and JJ is still public enemy #1 on TGR, is that what you want? Come on man you are a father, what are your kids gonna think?"

So even if the Pieps arrives by mail next week or month, which I'm 98% sure it will not, the guys is a total douche and retard for not responding to a single email or PM in the last month and allowing his own reputation to be trashed in the skiing community. I have given him opportunity to "make it right" and warned him in advance of my upcomming actions every step of the way.

Sorry to hear about the f-up.

I sold a set of wisdom lenses to this dude a while back... pretty straight forward sale - no red flags when I dealt with him... but then again that transaction was opposite of yours.

Hope it all works out. I can see why you are frustrated.

Not responding = total douche

prompt communication is a must.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I've had a few snafu's dealing with shipping outside and into the US. But I have never had an issue as seller or buyer as long as communication was constant. We've had honest sellers here who had shit communication (you know who I'm talking about). Bottom line is if you buy/sell on an honest driven platform you are immediately a scammer if you can't take the time to communicate to a question within a day unless there are extenuating circumstances laid out prior to the deal.

It's a small world... they'll get theirs. Still waiting for JJ to get curb stomped. It's been too long since the last recco mission.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

PM Crass, apparently he's the go to mag now if you need someone's ass kicked.
    Last edited by DeepHelmet; 03-21-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Know a few people in Helena, let me check around.

You might try and call the Helena PD or Lewis and Clark County Sheriff and see if you can file a theft report.

Also, if you mailed the check via US Mail:
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...MailFraud.aspx
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Well better watch out for anyone with the initials LL trying to sell something.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It blows, but as you pointed out, you're not gonna forget it and trust me, this kind of shit is worth its weight in gold as a life lesson. I still remember my first car purchase. Wasn't expensive ($4K), but when I discovered previous owner had rolled back the odo 100K miles, I just about shit myself. Will never forget and am now extra-careful of just about everything. That spidey-sense has served me well in countless situations since then.

Thanks sfotex, I will be making some calls to the appropriate authorities next week. Will save the vigilanteism as a last resort

Was thinking the same thing

One time I made a transaction and packaged things and trusted my girlfriend to bring it to the post office as I was going into the bush for a few months. I got back and lo and behold lots of PMs asking where the shit was. My idiot GF never shipped it. I sent them the stuff and tried to return the money. Also lost the GF she's now dating (engaged to?) a total D bag that nobody likes in the entire city (seriously) I feel like Karma works...

Anyway, its only been 2 weeks shit happens
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    One time I made a transaction and packaged things and trusted my girlfriend to bring it to the post office as I was going into the bush for a few months. I got back and lo and behold lots of PMs asking where the shit was. My idiot GF never shipped it. I sent them the stuff and tried to return the money. Also lost the GF she's now dating (engaged to?) a total D bag that nobody likes in the entire city (seriously) I feel like Karma works...

You dated the only girl in Alaska?

^^^ best looking one too.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstoner View Post
    You dated the only girl in Alaska?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ best looking one too.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post

Did this event end with a restraining order?

^^^ You my friend just made me laugh, out loud.