Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    The sooner we get a paper template together for this, the sooner we have sollyfits that fit them. If anyone has measurements, I would be thankful.
    JD - any chance in the not too distant future you'd offer a heel only option purchase on the new sth2 Sollyfits?

Fyi, the Atomic version (the Free2) is even prettier...
    JD, I can try to get the measurements. Any tips for how to get them as precise as possible?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	praxis med free2.jpg 
Views:	871 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	139612

I've got a template with measurements on it, will put up a photo

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1374707746.492204.jpg 
Views:	1243 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	139712

Best I can do, but all the mm measurements on there check out.

Just gave Tutuko's measurements a shot and everything worked out perfect. I just measured 136.5mm back from the 325 BSL and overlayed the 32x75 heel pattern. The toe pattern was exactly the same and the mid sole to first screw distance was the same as the template above.

Mount went flawless with some atomic sth2 16 on line blends. Also the walk to ride setup is pretty cool.

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	667.5 KB 
ID:	142615

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	696 
Size:	874.7 KB 
ID:	142616

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	610 
Size:	790.9 KB 
ID:	142619

Throwing the heel piece to mid it fits awesome. Each heel need about 3 clicks forward to get the forward pressure right.

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	868.3 KB 
ID:	142617

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	388 
Size:	804.3 KB 
ID:	142618
    Last edited by larfburger; 10-13-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Good to hear, I forgot to mention I used STH 1 jig for the toes. After 15-20 days on them, still a big thumbs up, but not sure how the elevated plastic toe platform will hold up over the years.

I'm a little confused about the "WTR" sole -- so are these bindings indemnified for, say, my new Dalbello Lupos that should be coming next week?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I'm a little confused about the "WTR" sole -- so are these bindings indemnified for, say, my new Dalbello Lupos that should be coming next week?
    Yep, those are normal downhill ski boots conforming to the DIN standard. WTR is a Salomon proprietary standard which accommodates both normal DIN boots and Salomons AT boots with "WTR" vibram soles.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Yep, those are normal downhill ski boots conforming to the DIN standard. WTR is a Salomon proprietary standard which accommodates both normal DIN boots and Salomons AT boots with "WTR" vibram soles.
    Thanks! Sounds like I'm good to go if I want to go back to Sally bindings. Gotta wear out these Tyrolias first.
    Gravity. It's the law.

What gramboh says. They are indemnified for any ISO 5355 sole (alpine shape), so Lupo, Panterra, K2 Pinnacle are fine. Salomon is trying to convince other manufacturers to adopt their WTR sole as an industry standard, but so far it's just the Amer companies (Salomon and Atomic) - though Lange/Rossi and possibly others are supposedly signing up for 2014/2015. Personally I'd feel confident in a Tecnica AT sole, but a shop will have to fail it.

As far as the new bindings go, I mounted two pairs of STH2 Atomics on personal skis this week, and was stoked to have the brakes go on as designed (not always the case with the STH1). Something they don't tell you is the plastic tabs on the front two holes of the heel are meant to collapse - just keep tightening them until they crack and the heel goes flush with the ski deck.

PS Also the rear screws on the heel have some sort of tensioned ratcheting thing going on - you'll feel little click stops as you turn the screw, and they feel like they're spinners, but just keep going until you reach the desired torque (4nm) . . .

I'm gonna wait & see with STH2 to see if it's a long-term deal. I'm not entirely sure the change was really necessary? Salomon has had the same hole standard for so long...I just don't get it. Why fix something that isn't broken...?

My "Old Larry" coming out. Sorry.
    Gravity. It's the law.

so what's the conclusion on the ramp height of the sth2 vs the sth 16.... one thing i love about all the old sollies, the 900 series, the 916 series and the sth was the position i was in when skiing, is it different/same? i like the positive ramp, i dislike the flatter feeling of the dukes and etc.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Can anyone tell me if these bindings are compatible with a Black Diamond Factor with the vibram soles, not the alpine soles?

Thanks.

No... Well, it is probably going to "work" but it aint going to be as safe as you want. You need next year's Warden binding. I'm pretty sure that Factor boots wasn't on the very short black list of the Warden.

Grabbed a pair of sth2 13 yesterday from Starthaus, just a silly deal, thanks for passing it on guys.

So question, anyone using these with Cochise tech soles? Thought? Safe? Stupid?

Would rather know if they release properly than they fit. I value my knees......

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Grabbed a pair of sth2 13 yesterday from Starthaus, just a silly deal, thanks for passing it on guys.

Would rather know if they release properly than they fit. I value my knees......
    Did hey have any marker lords still available? I think those may suit you better for that sole. Not 100% sure though

I have markers on allot skis. Just fancy trying something else. If I have to do a sole swap that's fine I have both. Just trying to make life easy!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post

No sliding AFD, I would be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1080s View Post
    Did hey have any marker lords still available? I think those may suit you better for that sole. Not 100% sure though
    A fellow Maggot bought the last two pair we had.
    Click. Point. Chute.

My cochise techs laterally release just fine from STHs. Should be the same for STH2.

Probably dumb question, but I've searched a lot and can't find a straight answer: will STH2's work with my Dynafit TLT6 P boots?

The reason I ask is I've got an old pair of K2 Obsethed currently mounted with Fritschi Freeride Pros that I want to turn into my resort skis. I ski 90%+ of the time backcountry, but every now and then get dragged into the resort. I can't stand how high the Fritschis stand, so looking for a "normal" height binding. I'd like to ride the Obsethed in resort because they're fun as hell and can handle anything. I don't want to ride my BC skis at the resort because they've got Radical Speed bindings (leash) and Radical ST bindings (worthless brakes), both of which are really harsh on hard snow. I don't want to throw down ~$600 for a pair of resort boots & bindings for a couple days of use, but could see snagging a pair of on-sale STH2s for that purpose.

The reason I suspect that the STH2 may work is that even though there isn't an ISO/DIN listed for the TLT6s, I did find some posts saying they were "compatible with alpine touring frame bindings". I would think that if they work in Fritschis, they'd work on the STH2, since it would be similar issues with the AFD. The toe rocker doesn't seem extreme, although the toe tongue looks sorta short.

No the TLT's don't have anything close to a DIN block, just a crampon toe.

How skinny a ski can be for those to fit? The shop manual from salomon says the jig is from 56mm tot 143mm, I measure the sth2 13 I have at home and the heel track is pretty close to 56mm so that's where it's coming from but the toe piece is almos 80mm on the wider part.

I wanna mount that on a Praxis SND which is 82mm underfoot, so certainly wider where the toe/heel piece would go but I'm not sure how wide

I tried to find STH2 template. Someone can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by NikOtiN View Post
    I tried to find STH2 template. Someone can help me?
    I think it's the same as guardian heel and driver toe