Anybody used Goodbye Cycle?

They buy used "high end" bikes and flip them. I'm a little shocked at how much they offered for my 2010 hardtail carbon Jamis. They seem legit, but I wanted to ask around a bit.

I recently got a quote for a Rocky Mt Vertex 50 that seemed about right. I decided not to sell, but I was happy w/ their offer.

Just for shits I requested a quote on my Vanilla CX Rig....

Lets see what they come back with.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

I requested a quote for my Dawgma (lol, but hey it's been sufficiently customized as to not be total shit).
    With any luck they'll sell my info to whatever mailing lists and maybe even steal my identity!!!
    I can't wait.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

They offered me $1631.00....I think I'll just hold on to it.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Where do they flip them and to whom? Looking for a better market....

Maybe people in TX really like to overpay for bikes?
    No longer stuck.

I think they put their bikes on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Where do they flip them and to whom? Looking for a better market....
    They have a twatter/news feed on the site linking to EBay listings.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_B View Post
    They have a twatter/news feed on the site linking to EBay listings.
    It's all parts/frames, so I guess they are a legal chop shop? That's makes slightly more sense, still don't get the play/value if you've an eBay account with decent feedback and a camera you should come close enough. Not trying to thrunt so much as figure out the best way to extract money for a used bike for someone

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    It's all parts/frames, so I guess they are a legal chop shop? That's makes slightly more sense, still don't get the play/value if you've an eBay account with decent feedback and a camera you should come close enough. Not trying to thrunt so much as figure out the best way to extract money for a used bike for someone

They say something about a showroom and have hours.... but I cannot find anyway to view their current inventory.

Depending on the bike, and the Local HS Race series ect, I've been donating all of my spares to the schools and getting a tax write off.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Hah. They won't do SLX.
    No longer stuck.

I am in the process of a bad experience with these guys. I am not going to rant and rave but, give a heads up so others know to approach with caution.

1. When you fill out their quote request form the component drop down has a list that starts with "FULL - Component Group XXXXXXX"
    2. Below that it changes to Derailleur XXXXXXXXX -
    The change from FULL to Derailleur driven implies to me that they are expecting mixed components, but are most concerned with the rear derailleur.
    Thus, I filled out the form and indicated my bike had an Ultegra 10 sp rear derailleur, which it does, with other mixed components.

I was pretty excited about the quote I got back, so I accepted the offer and sent my bike to them at my own expense. They transferred the money to me before the bike shipped, but when they received the bike they informed me it was not as they expected and opened a Paypal dispute. I had to send the money back, and they basically demanded I send them more money to ship my bike back to me.

I sent the money back the same day but asked via email if they would consider picking up the return shipping, since their form was confusing. They refused. Be warned. If your transaction doesn't go exactly how THEY see fit they will screw you. The employee quoted policy is to protect themselves and make sure the customer is left holding the bag. If you are confident your bike is EXACTLY as quoted, give it a shot, otherwise STAY AWAY.

nice first post jong, how many other sites have you spammed with your sob story ?