Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2013/14

NFL 2013/14

Is it too early? Anyway, WTF Raven's trade Anquan Boldin to SF??? Did Flacco just ruin his teams chances to even make the playoffs. And a 6th round draft pick thats a great deal for SF I just don't get it. Where will Ed Reed end up?

EDIT: Could this have anything to do with the coaches being brothers???
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Not too early. So Anquan's trade was due to the fact that he was going to cost 7.5M (6M salary) against the cap this year. Ozzie thought he was worth 2M less, and asked him to take a pay cut. Boldin said no, so Ozzie had no choice but to let him go. Rather than cut him, Ozzie shopped him to teams in the NFC, and two bit - the Vikings and the 49ers. Vikes offered a 7th rounder, and the 9ers a 6th rounder. It's a win win for Boldin and the Ravens (until we didn't get Ellerbe, but hindsight is 20-20). Boldin gets his 6M, which he wouldn't have received on the open market, and the Ravens got their cap space. It does sting though, bad. As far as Flacco's contract is concerned, it's actually a 3 year deal when you break it down. His cap hit is only 6.8M this year.

I hope Ed comes back, but if he doesn't, I hope he goes to the 9ers and not the colts or pats. That would hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

As Browns fan I am enjoying seeing the Ravens squirm a bit, plus we snagged Kruger. Reading that Ed Reed could follow Boldin to SF.

SS Pollard just released from Ravens as well.
    Last edited by milton; 03-13-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    As Browns fan I am enjoying seeing the Ravens squirm a bit, plus we snagged Kruger.
    Good one.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

In Ozzie, We Trust. He likes to test the faith . . . mine is intact. I'm sure he has a good plan. I have no fucking clue what it is, but there is one. I hope Kruger works out for you guys. I hope he shits the bed against us, but is a complete beast in every other game.

Boldin was a great deal for the Niners. Losing Goldson hurts though...

harvin. sb. hawks. mark it.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    harvin. sb. hawks. mark it.
    Maybe I would mark it if I had some idea what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Boldin was a great deal for the Niners. Losing Goldson hurts though...
    Goldson's not gone yet, though I agree he won't be a Niner this season.
    Sopoaga gone to PHi & Walker to TEN are done deals though.
    Heard RJ Francois will also probably end up elsewhere.
    D-Line looking a bit thin already.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Doesn't SF have something like 15 draft picks this year?

14 as of now. Trade bait.

The biggest story of the 2013 season thus far is where will Welker end up? Will he be as dominant in another system? What will Brady's reaction be if the Pats do not sign him?

Welker-->Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post
    The biggest story of the 2013 season thus far is where will Welker end up? Will he be as dominant in another system? What will Brady's reaction be if the Pats do not sign him?
    Is he getting kind of long in the tooth? How many more big hits can this dood take?
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

As Browns fan I am enjoying seeing the Ravens squirm a bit, plus we snagged Kruger. Reading that Ed Reed could follow Boldin to SF.

SS Pollard just released from Ravens as well.
    I agree. Browns making some nice moves.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post
    To tha mutha fuckin ORANGE CRUSH! Go Broncos!!

Welker-->Broncos
    And Amendola to the Pats. Conflicted. There's nuance in this thing. Sad to see Welker go for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe I would mark it if I had some idea what it means.
    Percy Harvin. Super Bowl. Seahawks. Mark it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And Amendola to the Pats. Conflicted. There's nuance in this thing. Sad to see Welker go for sure.
    Amendola has missed 23 games since being drafted in '09 (Welker has missed three). He better sack up if he wants to play with the Dodge Dart spokesmodel.

Raiders talking to Vince Young. WTF over?
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    Raiders talking to Vince Young. WTF over?
    ghost of Al Davis still in control?

LEGION OF BOOM 2013/14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Sherman's head is going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that man some crushed Adderal!

Hawks need a force to replace Clemons, that injury hurt big time...

edit: oh snap! just read about Cliff Avril, could be sweet for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Amendola has missed 23 games since being drafted in '09 (Welker has missed three). He better sack up if he wants to play with the Dodge Dart spokesmodel.
    yeah but.......
    On 6 October 2012, Amendola suffered a dislocated clavicle and had season-ending triceps surgery.[20] In a rare case, instead of popping out, the clavicle popped in and came millimeters from puncturing his trachea and aorta, which could have killed him. Rams' medical staff called around the league for information but no teams had ever had players suffering a similar injury. Amendola was anesthetized before popping the clavicle back into place.
    The Pats should try and get Pollard so he can't hurt them any more.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I cant believe the Pats let Welker go to their conference rivals for $2 mil, but I think there was something going on with Belichick and Welker though. They have the money to pay Welker and simply passed on him.

Amendola could be just as good, look at what Brady helped Welker become. But, they now have 3 guys who cant stay on the field for a full season, so they better sign Jennings and Talib.

So much for Brady's team friendly contract.

I think I could beat BB in fantasy football.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com