Denver to Snowmass and Carbondale Beta & rent your skis?

so, last minute miracle , I can pull off a trip to bring the 7 year old to snowmass march 20-26

No staying in village lodging for me - to afford this we are staying in carbondale and eating peanut butter bagels.

Would appreciate first hand info, beta, etc on the whole process of driving from denver airport to carbondale, good grocery stores on the way, getting to snow mass, parking, etc. things to avoid, things to not miss all new to me.

Cheap, good pizza/beer/burger joints in carbondale or on way to/from ski place appreciated for the one or two nights we may splurge.

Also - i can fit her skis in a bag, but can't see me getting mine out there.

Anyone between Denver and Snowmass have a pair to lend? or - rent? Id rather give money to one of you guys than some rape-a-tourist rental.....

all appreciated...
    thanks in advance - I'm supper stoked to be able to get my little NH ski nut out to her first big mountain skiing!

How much you paying in Carbondale? If you haven't booked it yet, don't.
    Hotwire's been having the Wildwood in Snowmass for $107/night. It's 50 yards from the slopes and you won't have to pay to park in Snowmass. Once there, you wouldn't have to move your car. There are also deals in town to be had.
    I alway fly in late, but I make it from the Denver rental counter to Aspen in 3:15 without stopping, but I drive with my hair on fire.

There are a Smiths and a City market in Glenwood that you drive right by.

I think you'd be better off popping for the $25 bag fee each way than to rent.

got a pair of 185 motherships you can get on in snowmass

thanks you guys

PM's sent

keep it coming... I havent been to CO since 92

Priceline has the Marriot Courtyard in Glenwood for $65. But I would stay in Snowmass for $107. Play with the dates, it might not give you the weekend at that rate.
    If they won't do the weekend, check out the Indepance Square Hotel in town. I know some people got rooms there at Christmas for $116/night. Joy used to be the GM.
    Walk ins can wheel and deal.

If you stay in Snowmass, just stay there most of the time. If you drive up, hit Buttermilk. It will be a great first place for a 7 year old. They have a special kids trail map with all the little trails through the woods that kids love, ie. Devi's Gut Mine.
    Park at either Buttermilk West for a perfect picnic spot on very easy runs or Tiehack is a little closer to Hwy 82 with easy blacks and 1 very easy blue back to the car.

Little Annie's in town is hard to beat for a burger. Mezzaluna is a nice spot for aprea with $7 pizza's and I took my kids in there all the time. Lot's of high end restaurants have bar menu's that are 40% off, fine for kids if you go early and much higher quality food.

keep it coming, appreciate all this