Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

There goes the neighborhood... Eldora now an Epic Pass Resort

The Epic Pass now includes unlimited access to nine resorts in three states with the addition of Eldora, the resort which sits about 45 minutes from Boulder. Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and now Eldora are included in the pass, which currently costs $689 for adults and $359 for children.
    first off, that's 8 resorts listed. Breckenridge???
    2nd - it should be 11 resorts in 5 states.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Actually it's 5 resorts in 11 states, simply a slow march towards the inevitable.

Property values in Nederland just ticked higher.

Unlimited access to Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton, Eldora and Arapahoe Basin.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic bra. Bwah.

i really hope loveland never sells out to VR, things like this make me scared that one day it will happen

Now we have to whisper the word upslope?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just curious. Why the shouting?

Wonder if Eldora is included on the Epic local or you need to purchase the full epic pass?

benny...... crowds!!!!

Eldora has a nice vibe and I really like the place. Not "core" enough for most around here but that place has some nice mini golf lines if you know where to look. I like "ski areas," and carry a pass to Eldora and Loveland, there was a thread some time back about a "ski area" super pass. I think someone dubbed it "The Great Divide" or something like that... Wolf, Monarch, Abasin, Loveland, and Eldora would make a killer pass in my view and would gladly hand them my $$$.

Nothing wrong really with "resorts," I hit them quite a few times a year and really have a good time but I do love the ski areas with the vibe.

edit: found this green stick break in the run out gultch of Bryan Glades... thought it was wind but now I think it was crushed under the thought of Vail Resorts....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	025.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	134560

Yeah, I don't know the financials, but it sure seems like Eldora could have gone a different route. But then, they steadfastly refuse to consider any mountain biking activities in the summer, so I don't think they're terribly forward thinking.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, I don't know the financials, but it sure seems like Eldora could have gone a different route. But then, they steadfastly refuse to consider any mountain biking activities in the summer, so I don't think they're terribly forward thinking.
    That would be fuckin awesome.

there is some great mountain biking on and around their Nordic trails...don't let them catch you.

Is it a pass alliance like Abasin, or a purchase?

Their website says that it's Epic Pass only, not Epic Local, but might not be updated yet. That would indicate an alliance, not a sale, IMO. Besides, VR buying more resorts might require some antitrust approval - wasn't that why they couldn't own A-Basin when they bought Breck and Keystone way back when?
    Change is good. You go first.

It's not an acquisition. Just same deal they have with Abasin.

I think this is awesome. It will keep so many Boulder douches in their bubble more often (hopefully).

OK Eldora "locals", brocore invasion coming, out with the stashes.

The whole area is closed for Moose, a deal set up long ago between the County & the FS. Eldora has to keep the area closed over the summer.

Are you sure about that? Eldora is mostly private land, IIRC.

So... does Loveland combine with WP, Copper, and maybe Monarch now?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Are you sure about that? Eldora is mostly private land, IIRC.

So... does Loveland combine with WP, Copper, and maybe Monarch now?
    Pretty sure the bottom/parking area or some such stupidness is private so you can't park there. Thus reinforcing Danno's point about stupid management.

My friend recently told me their day pass is $79. Where the fuck do they get off charging that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brocore View Post
    OK Eldora "locals", brocore invasion coming, out with the stashes.
    FUCK YOU AND DAVE HUNTER!
    Scummit folks can't take the Eldo wind anyhow, and their lifts = top notch

From the Daily Camera:
    High winds cause Eldora lift derailment
    Vanessa Miller
    Posted: 12/14/2006 04:25:00 AM MST
    Updated: 08/14/2009 01:06:34 AM MDT

Eldora Mountain Resort's Challenger Mountain had to be closed today after hefty wind gusts blew two chairs off a lift cable near the top of the mountain at about 8:40 a.m. - before the Boulder County ski resort opened at 9 a.m.

No one was riding on the chairs when they fell to the ground. A total of six staff members were on two chairs directly behind the ones that "de-roped," said resort spokesman Rob Linde. They had to be evacuated using a belay system, but no one was hurt.

Linde didn't know how high up the people were when they had to be evacuated.

The riders were all ski lift operators heading to their stations. Three chairlifts and several trails had to be closed for the day so maintenance workers could fix the problem. Linde said everything will probably reopen Friday.
    stay outta my line

Interesting. I asked on vail's facebook and they said you need to buy the full epic pass for eldora access.

Most people on this forum hate on eldora, but I really kinda like it. It's only 30 minutes from boulder up the canyon. no I-70 bullshit. Never ever crowded except on huge pow days.

It is windy as fuck, and the wind rips most of the snow off the wide open runs and blows it into the trees. Eldora has some really nice trees. Salto glade is fucking awesome if there is enough snow. I believe it is actually one of the top 5 steepest inbounds runs in colorado? Moose Glades has some really cool cliffs and hucks. Upslope storms sometimes DUMP on this place.

With that said, management at eldora is fucking retarded. Eldora is just 30 minutes from CU boulder campus but none of the students ski there. I never hit the terrain park, and think skiing park is gay as fuck, but Eldora seriously needs to build a park. They didn't have ANY park features this year until the middle of february. The park they just recently opened up is shitty as fuck.

If Eldora were to actually invest in building a decent park, college students and Boulderites would FLOCK to eldora. Like it or not, terrain park is now a big part of skiing/snowboarding. Eldora not having a decent terrain park is just bad business sense.

Also they are fucking assholes about uphill access. ski patrol is full of amateurs

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    The whole area is closed for Moose, a deal set up long ago between the County & the FS. Eldora has to keep the area closed over the summer.
    That sounds odd. I have heard of numerous conversations with Eldora mgmt, and have discussed this with many people who seemed in the know, and I have never heard this before. Not saying you're wrong, just that it's odd that I've never heard this before.

ETA: http://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-fron...rs-183486.html and http://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-fron...er-643078.html Sounds like a private property owner issue, not a moose deal.

The Master Plan says this:

Currently, summer activities are limited to non-organized hiking (property owners, Eldora and others, have provided access to the Jenny Creek Trail on a summer trail that goes through the resort) and special events. Special events include corporate events, and races—including bike races, running races, and triathlons. At various summer events, as appropriate, the Nordic trail system is opened to mountain biking.
    Last edited by Danno; 03-12-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Also they are fucking assholes about uphill access. ski patrol is full of amateurs
    Never had any probs uphill. Ever. Always went via normal and published Jenny creek "easement" or whatever it was called. During business hours. Sipping in the side off the side of Guinn was never an issue either, on a return from a tour. What was your experience?
    I mean, I never liked parking out the front like second class, but besides the walk across the lot, never had an issue.