Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Worked as a ski instructor at Swelldora back in 87 -89 during the Andy Daly era. That was when they re-opened after being closed for a season. Good times with a tight group & I thought it was a well run operation back then. Surprised they dropped the night skiing. Used to be in the summer we'd cater & host company parties, sounds like they dropped that too. Friends on the CU Boulder freestyle team tell me that they train at Breck, seems like a lost opportunity there. Hope the Happy Valley Boilerplate Company gets it's act together. There's nothing quite like skiing the Swelldora trees at night in a big upslope storm.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yawn. The groomers at JH are more gnar than those overgrown windblown glades.

Eldora = Monarch both are fun little A-cup humps with no attitude. They have no place among the real deal ski areas. I hope Eldora stays old school
    Thats not fair to monarch. Mirkwood alone blows eldora out of the water.

Completely disagree. Mirkwood is extremely short, and less steep than the salto glades. The runout at the bottom takes forever and you have to hike up that hill every time you want to ski the 300 vertical in mirkwood. Never understood why monarch gets so much love around here

So....having lived in Boulder once upon a time, I was intrigued that Boulder County Board of Supervisors wrote a 13 page letter eviscerating the planned Eldora expansion. http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-c...ible-expansion

Is this just People's Republic of Boulder no-development-ism, or is there something legitimate behind the concerns?

well, well, well... Just got an email indicating that Eldora is now part of the Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus.

As someone who already purchased the SuperPass for next year and lives in Boulder, I take back all the bad things I said about Eldora. Ok, not really, I meant them, but this is still a huge bonus for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    well, well, well... Just got an email indicating that Eldora is now part of the Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus.

As someone who already purchased the SuperPass for next year .
    hot dam!!!! nice little surprise.... already put the down payment on the super pass + for next year back in March....

Dang. That was already an awesome pass that is now even better. I wish I could partake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana Huckalot View Post
    http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-c...-pass-programs

Dealing with Eldora is maddening. We have a toddler who is starting skiing so we decided to buy next years passes at Eldora because they are good through the rest of this year. But they don't offer the same deal for their "under 5" pass, so we have to buy the toddler day tickets at $12 for the rest of this year and then buy him a pass at the beginning of next year.

And the place would be incredible for mountain biking. Imagine taking the lift to the top and riding that trail that goes from the top of Corona up to Rollins Pass?! What an experience that could be. Or taking the bus from Boulder to Eldora, riding the lifts, and then riding back to Boulder. Wow.

I wish we were talking about how cool of a place Eldora is instead of how cool of a place Eldora could be.
    Last Spring, I purchased what I now know to be the "Adult Super Value Pass" at $269. Nothing (zero, nada, niente) was mentioned about blackout dates, but rather words to the effect: "ski the rest of this season and all of next year".

I know that I have myself to blame for not reading the fine print, but I've grown accustomed to transparent sales people in pass offices. I have never purchased a pass from any other ski area that was so covert about their blackout dates. I'm having trouble deciding whether this is incompetence or fraudulent. Surely incompetence comes into the picture, because it's a perfect opportunity to upsell the client to a full pass.

Charging for under 5 year olds? Give me a break. Segregating Alpine passes from Nordic? Right. No senior's considerations? Screw you, Eldora.

Today, I drove up, only to learn about blackout dates. I went to the ticket office and received neither any sympathy nor any sort of accommodation (I was willing to pay something to ski today) other than an offer to sell me a half day pass, 15 minutes early.

I was planning on heading up with a buddy tomorrow, and went to their website to research blackout dates. No mention of any. A phone call to Eldora. "we took off the blackout dates because we stopped selling 14/15 passes". Great! So people who already purchased them can't reference it on the website. Another brilliant move and way to make friends Eldora!

Thanks a lot, Eldora! I'll tell all my friends about you. Back to the 'Basin for me. At least I can spend time on the I-70 bitch thread.

Cheers,
    Thom

Yep they learned some new tricks from the Vail resorts partnership

Fyi and under 5 super pass+ was only $30, as a Ned local this was great with a 3yr old, being forced to pay $12/day last season was ridiculous