Binding Hole Overlap Question - will I snap my skis?

I'm gearing up to mount some Sollyfits and have the paper jigs all lined up and ready to drill. But I wanted to ask about my situation with the previous holes.

On the toe, the old forward holes are about 3 cm ahead of the Sollyfit forward holes and about 1 cm behind the front edge of the plates.

On the heel, the more forward holes for the Sollyfits are pretty much directly outboard of the previous holes, so I'd end up with 4 holes in line width-wise across the ski.

Is this going to be a problem?

^^^
    Thanks for the helpful reply!

Obviously depends on a number of factors (ski construction, force applied, moisture presence), but you'll probably be fine. The plates should help stiffen that section of the ski and prevent them from bending too much in that area. Skis almost always fail immediately behind or in front of the binding, not underneath the binding/plate. I would be much more worried about a set of holes lining up exactly at the back edge of my heelpiece than I would a set of holes adjacent to the screws.

You'll get a number of people that are going to come tell you to put wood dowel pins in, but that's a load of shit IMO. Once the wood grains are cut, you're relying on adhesive to transfer the load no matter what material is inside the hole (not to mention the grains are going the wrong way in a dowel pin).

I haven't had any trouble with these: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...photos-within)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.