Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2013

Had a great day despite the wet at Stable trail in Saratoga. The Stable trails despite being very chunky have great flow once you have some idea where you are going.

Also checked out Charlemont Trails in mass. Honestly I have no idea if i rode the wrong freaking way but everything I found was....

not draining that well, covered with leaves keeping moisture in and making shit slippery, lots of steep up and down IE like really steep, lots of steep up hill turns so when you had any momentum going up its crushed it all, lots of things to grab handlebars, lots of narrow bench cut that were severely off cambered.

Maybe taking the SS out to ride a new trail system was not the best idea but honestly IMO the trails were annoying tedious thing making it challenging not. I ll go back hopefully when its drier and hopefully with someone showing me around since this place gets such rave reviews. I think Stowe, Vt and Western Pa have spoiled me to good trail building.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    For 95% of your CT riding needs, check Crankfire and Bikerag. I've got no beta on Cockaponset, but Greyville in Colchester is amazing. I know there are some races in RI as well at Burlingame, so I have to imagine there's some stuff in there too. Where in SECT are you?
    Waterford. I've been riding bluff point and hartman park a lot both places are great but bluff point definitely takes the cake. Colchester is only 15 min away I'll have to check out greyville this week if the rain ever stops....

I was at Bluff point all day saturday for the EMS Demo day. I hope the rain stops soon. I want to get back out. Greyville is ~30 minutes from me. I'd love to try to meet up for a ride. I kinda know my way around there. If you ever want to ride Nathan Hale in Coventry, let me know.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Hey dudes, there's a Pivot Demo at Landlocked tonight.

Its gonna run from 4-8 and runs out of the back parking lot of the Estabrook School in Lexington, MA (address below). Word is they'll have a 650b Firebird.

117 Grove Street
    Lexington, MA 02420

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    ^do you live in 'the shire'? Cheshire County, that is.
    Ill be in clamtown on Sunday any good trails around there? Or should I drive over to Ascutney? Anything in Charlestown?

Moody Park?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

i always enjoyed riding around moody park, was one of my favorite races.

I've got a month off from school and set a goal to put in 500 miles of mixed riding between now and when I start again. Just need the rain to stop....

Riding in the rain is such a good confidence builder!

Gonna give racing a shot this weekend at the Sugarbush Super D, then probably check out the beer fest afterwards. Hopefully this rain dries up fast haha!

a feeler of sorts.

Thinking about a Stowe Maggot Summer Solstice ride. Sunday 23rd ride till we can not ride any more either due to tiredness, or lack of light. Thinking we could get 60-70 miles of trail in..... bailout will be everywhere pace will be FUN! IE whatever when pedaling and fast on downs.

Anyone else game? thinking of starting at 11ish

^i'm in.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Damn, sounds awesome! I'll be at Nembafest...

Anyone headed to NEMBAFest that wants to hook me up with some Heady Toppers, Lawsons, Hill Farmstead, or Foley Brothers?

I've got some homebrew I can trade or just cold hard cash.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    a feeler of sorts.

Thinking about a Stowe Maggot Summer Solstice ride. Sunday 23rd ride till we can not ride any more either due to tiredness, or lack of light. Thinking we could get 60-70 miles of trail in..... bailout will be everywhere pace will be FUN! IE whatever when pedaling and fast on downs.

I'm in. Me and my 33 lbs pig of bike will be there ready to suffer. I've never ridden Stowe before so I figure this will be a good opportunity to learn the area. Can we please ride some trails that at least make me not hate my big heavy bike for a few miles?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    I'd love to try to meet up for a ride. I kinda know my way around there. If you ever want to ride Nathan Hale in Coventry, let me know.
    Definitely, was hoping to get out this weekend but might end up going up to Boston to score some cheap furniture from a family member who's selling their house. Might get out sunday evening to check out greyville...i'll send you a PM if i do

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    I'm in. Me and my 33 lbs pig of bike will be there ready to suffer. I've never ridden Stowe before so I figure this will be a good opportunity to learn the area. Can we please ride some trails that at least make me not hate my big heavy bike for a few miles?
    ha my bike is 30 lb :P

trust me its going to suck at first.... like there will be an hour to and hour and half of climbing but obviously we got to go down. I actually wish I did not have 4 inch travel steep 29er in stowe if it makes you feel any better. most stuff is way more fun on slightly bigger bike.

rough first half

http://app.strava.com/activities/23227745#

rough second half(missing about 10 more miles of possible riding)
    http://app.strava.com/activities/24012581

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    a feeler of sorts.

this sounds awesome; however being on a sunday I don't think I would survive the drive home immediately after.

Gonna be at HMTBP on Saturday. Kinda psyched for the FMB best trick contest- anyone else gonna stick around for that?

'Nospa- sorry we'll miss ya, good luck in the Super D.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    this sounds awesome; however being on a sunday I don't think I would survive the drive home immediately after.
    Forget it LAX tournament @ Umass. Darn
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Ill be in clamtown on Sunday any good trails around there? Or should I drive over to Ascutney? Anything in Charlestown?

Moody Park?
    myself and my crew are riding STAB today at like 10:30, from the Cunningham's lot.
    safety will be a priority
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    I live in Lebanon now, so If you'd like you can meet at my place and I can drive the rest of the way. That will at least cut an hour-ish off the drive.

Silly day up here at HMBP. Super beautiful out, no crowds and a big name contest just kind of going on all over the place. Certainly mr. Sorge and mr. Chase- pass away, allow me to get out'cha way. Feel like a 12yo today. I love mtb [/dirtyhippie]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1371327325.204125.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	138801

My two boys are keeping me from doing any serious riding this summer but this felt great to get out for a quick loop in Harold Parker yesterday. Great riding conditions.

People shooting ski areas should be sued.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Silly day up here at HMBP. Super beautiful out, no crowds and a big name contest just kind of going on all over the place. Certainly mr. Sorge and mr. Chase- pass away, allow me to get out'cha way. Feel like a 12yo today. I love mtb [/dirtyhippie]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1371327325.204125.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	138801

We were riding the XC trails on Saturday, the place was busy. What a great day.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

^^^Whad'ya think? Pretty fun, eh? Hoping they expand the network out further this year.