Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    This story was on the radio this morning - I'm guessing Orcutt is second guessing his position now that he's being nationally recognized as a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by chatton18 View Post
    The "elevated heart rate" and increased CO2 argument is really the full blown retard argument here. If thats what you're really worried about, shouldn't you tax fat people since they have a constantly elevated heartrate and regularly use more oxygen.
    Don't forget about the heat generated by your muscles. It all contributes to the global warmings.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This story was on the radio this morning - I'm guessing Orcutt is second guessing his position now that he's being nationally recognized as a retard.
    well he hasn't been caught cheating on his partner or in the news for DWI so he's not a full blown retart!
    b

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    well he hasn't been caught cheating on his partner or in the news for DWI so he's not a full blown retart!
    b
    I think this comment is worse than getting caught cheating unless youre some right wing churchgoing antifag gun bearing retard and caught with a cock in your mouth
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Bike lanes should be considered an investment instead of an expenditure. They attract young, healthy, active, smart young people to your city. That's why Denver, Portland, and even NYC are doing well, cultivating such immigrants. Well, and some other qualities, but, bike lanes are important.
    Ah the classic which came first, hipster on fixed gear or bike lane, debate...

I guess it's obvious, but every molecule of CO2 you respire one was originally absorbed by a plant.

It's shocking how scientifically illiterate some politicians are.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Ah the classic which came first, hipster on fixed gear or bike lane, debate...
    Seeing as all pavement was originally developed and laid down for bicycles and not cars (League of American Wheelmen, Boston, 1890's) , you have the answer.
    But I bet there were forms of hipsters back then, too.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Seeing as all pavement was originally developed and laid down for bicycles
    My that's a stupid quote ripe for seizing on. Amusing that then the government was collecting more than it was spending and the LAW had to keep out the coloreds, it wasn't voluntary segregation like it is now.

Haha at least he cited his source.

Technically, individuals with more fat tend to oxidize a higher % of fat as part of their resting metabolic rate meaning a decrease in CO2 production for every molecule of oxygen consumed. <---- Devil's Advocate

Additionally, I contend that bike lines are typically in the city for commuting which is typically done of less expensive bikes whereas expensive bikes are typically ridden faster, outside of city limits where less bike lanes exist there by exempting "expensive / performance bikes" from bike-lane tax

Hugh Conway Guest
    Haha at least he cited his source.
    with that conception of citation you should run for office.

Cj is the one with the douche-chip on his shoulders here.
    What, did you never get accepted past cat 5?

Hugh Conway Guest
    few things douchier than groups of cyclists. other than them ranting for free stuff. do rally the troops with some idiotic state lawmaker.

What is this "free" stuff you speak of?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    What is this "free" stuff you speak of?
    bikelanes? bike trails?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No - that article doesn't address what I'm saying. That article says that we all pay for roads because bikers also own cars, the impacts from bikes are minimal, and the funding for roads primarily comes from sources that everyone pays into. Obviously this is true.

What I'm saying is that there is a cost associated with turning a portion of a road into a bike lane. There's painting and signage, some planning efforts, and you're potentially giving up something else (breakdown lane, parking space, a lane of vehicle travel, etc.). I think gas should be more heavily taxed so that cars are paying a more proportionate share as to their use/ impact. The same goes for bikes. $25/ high priced bike isn't exactly a major expenditure, and if it means there's money already set aside and ready to go for bike lanes, that's a good thing.
    Your point is only valid if there are bike lanes on every portion of every road.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    bikelanes? bike trails?
    Free?
    Trails...FREE?

HAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA

Free?
    Trails...FREE?

HAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA
    Well, Yeah. Because they all just like magical appear and never require any work. EVER.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Free?
    Trails...FREE?

HAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA
    My guess is that for a guy like Hugh Conway they are effectively free. In economics it's called the freerider problem, in real life it's called being a freakin' moocher.

Free?
    Trails...FREE?

HAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA
    Well they are free for hikers because a lot of the time the hikers get together and tell the people that built the trials (mnt bikers) that they are destroying them and are no longer allowed on them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Your point is only valid if there are bike lanes on every portion of every road.
    huh? I think you're missing my point.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Well they are free for hikers because a lot of the time the hikers get together and tell the people that built the trials (mnt bikers) that they are destroying them and are no longer allowed on them.
    And to be fair, a lot of times mountain bikers get together and tell the people that built the trails (motorcycles) that they are destroying them and are no longer allowed on them.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    My guess is that for a guy like Hugh Conway they are effectively free. In economics it's called the freerider problem, in real life it's called being a freakin' moocher.
    what percentage of mountain bikers do you think have ever done trail maintenance? andy's sarcasm is funny as shit in the ironic TGR way

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    with that conception of citation you should run for office.
    I will if I can count you your vote Hugh

I will if I can count you your vote Hugh
    hugh conway is too cool to vote
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.