Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6rp_7nG-uM

another angle....

Maybe the best one yet.

Lost in all of this is the fact that another guy backflipped off Jordan while Julian was frontflipping.

WTF.

One of the craziest things I've ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post

another angle....

Maybe the best one yet.

Lost in all of this is the fact that another guy backflipped off Jordan while Julian was frontflipping.

WTF.

awesome... way better than the crap I dredged up from facebook! Almost too much going on in that shot, but I'm sure Mossap will make it look rad. W/B sure got their money's worth on that one!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

another angle....
    Awesomeness, thanks for finding that clip ^^^^^^.

So, while not the same jump, here is Julian's POV on a very similar "swoop of calculated ballsiness":

Also found this Carr hucking clip, with a couple of Julian's comment's in the comments section worth reading:

And one last one with Julian giving us his cliff hucking 101:

OK time to get back to work...

Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    I remember watching Julian hit that huge cliff under snowbirds tram during the US Freeskiing tour there a few years ago. That was big...

BUT THIS 40 to 50 FEET BIGGER.

I'd like to see some GOOD HD footage of that so I can slow it down, rewind, slow mo, rewind...
    I'm guessing this is probably less vert but a lot more distance. Super sick. Gnarlier takeoff too.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

ya, i'm assuming that was planned for the filming? Otherwise it seemed a little sketchy.

It looks like he almost landed on his head.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

another angle....

Maybe the best one yet.

WTF.

^^^ thanks alot.
    after watching that i have to clean spittle of my computer screen.

"FFFFFFFFFUUUU??"

and that double stage line got stomped.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Meh. Backslapped.

spook Guest
    that can't feel good doing a upper back flop from that height no matter how deep the snow is can it?

and seriously, what the big deal? even i could throw myself off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Meh. Backslapped.
    But that's pretty much his style and how he gets those big air's without hurting himself, I still think it's bad-ass and ballsy.

I love the quote from a guy standing in line at the end of the first video posted "How did he not die"

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    even i could throw myself off a cliff.
    We can only hope.

spook Guest
    like candy from a baby! hey wait, aren't you going to insult my sports knowledge?

even i could throw myself off a cliff.
    But you're not... he is.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    But you're not... he is.

that alone does not make it impressive.

that alone does not make it impressive.
    repeatedly, calculated, and still shredding hard.

If you don't get it, don't worry, not a lot of people do.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Meh. Backslapped.
    The idea here is similar to professional wrestling, you want to land with as much surface area as possible to distribute the force of the impact as much as possible, hence landing on his back. In the third video link that I posted above, Julian stated that anything over 70 feet he won't be landing on his feet because you either get a knee'd in the chest or face and it's just too much impact on the legs. So a calculated backslap landing is all you're ever going to ever see from this guy when he's hucking huge lines, as it's really the only way to land such large vertical drops safely.

Now "safety" is a fairly subjective term when talking about 100 + foot drops onto your back and not knowing what natural features might be buried in the pow below waiting to impale you, but then again as the thread title states, this dude is "from a different planet" and a normal thought process does not apply here.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    repeatedly, calculated, and still shredding hard.

If you don't get it, don't worry, not a lot of people do.

i get that he intends to land that way as the MR is saying, but i don't get the motive to jump off something and make a crater in the snow when, as noted, you just never know what's lurking. i'd rather watch him ski.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Quote Originally Posted by M_R View Post
    Now "safety" is a fairly subjective term when talking about 100 + foot drops onto your back and not knowing what natural features might be buried in the pow below waiting to impale you, but then again as the thread title states, this dude is "from a different planet" and a normal thought process does not apply here.
    While I think it is "safe" to say that hitting 100 footers is not a "safe" activity, I would like to share an email I just got from Julian a few minutes ago when I asked about his decision to launch. This is what he told me about the big Air Jordan huck.

"Two days ago, when I was on the take off still sorting and figuring it out, I obey'd my code of leaving no % of uncertainty to the wind or chances. I was absolutely 100% confident I could pull it off. It took me 3 hours of probing and in-run work/familiarizing myself with how much speed I was going to need to get out far enough and be absolutely certain." --Julian Carr

Julian approaches these types of airs with scientific precision, making sure the landing is what he is looking for. He might be from a different planet, but he knows what he is jumping into.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

I would think a careful inspection of the landing zone (or much familiarity with it) is pretty much mandatory for any big huck by anyone. I simply can't imagine throwing yourself off something without knowing how deep the snow is in the LZ or what trees/rocks/etc might be lurking there.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Not that any of it is in my comfort zone, but damn he lands closer to those trees on his left then I'd be comfortable with based on the 2 different camera angles. Sure looks like he came a little closer to overshooting the LZ than maybe he intended.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

spook Guest
    yeah, i get he may FEEL certain, but he is not.

Thanks for the better angle video Clownshoe... super impressive, and the Stan Rey backflip off Jordan needs props too. Wish I was skiing Peak that day to see this in person, and can't wait for the movie this fall.

Was there ever pic/vid of Dave Treadway's huck? Never saw it.

anyone know the song and artist used in the vid?

another angle....

Maybe the best one yet.

WTF.

"... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    anyone know the song and artist used in the vid?
    Fever, Toots & The Maytals

Crazy huck but after watching the better angle vid I am even more stoked on the Air jordan proper line, the big slash before the backflip was so sick!!!