Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dog shit - WWMD

Dog shit - WWMD

Over the winter our little backyard has turned in the a multilayered shit cake. It's now warmed up melting all the snow and wow its fucking gross out there. I picked up what I could and in a weird attempt to make things better I ran over the yard with a snow thrower, slinging the frozen turds/snow mix in one corner. Then I flooded the backyard with a hose to melt the rest of the snow and now I just have a nasty poop soup.

It stinks and we won't even let the dogs back there right now, a shitty situation.

Do I
    Rent a pressure washer and try to blast the poop into the grass
    Wait till this spring and sod right over the yard
    Hardscape it because grass is dumb
    Say fuck it and pour a whisky?

Ideally if I can get it back to half ass decent grass I'd fence off an area where my kid can crawl around.

I'm gonna have to go with D, koko.

I'd fence it off a little bit to keep the dogs away and try to grow some shrooms on that shit. Your kid will appreciate the awesome visuals. He/she can just relax in the sandbox and have a great time.

I don't plan on being a parent.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

First world problems bro.

Teach your dog to poop in the neighbors yard. Jas doesn't recommend a sign.

Last edited by concretejungle; 03-02-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Ground is frozen I assume. Don't add more water to it with a pressure washer.

Pray for a warmer, rainy day. It'll help break down all of the shit.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Lawnmower>snowblower

and yeah, reinvigorating the shit with water is a bad idea. Why the fuck didn't you pick it up in the first place, or let them run around a significant field to spread it out? Do you not walk your dogs during winter?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Concrete, can your dog read? Shit in the rocks buddy!

Ya so basically I picked up all the frozen turds on top, ran the snowblower over it thus exposing more layers of frozen shit locked into an icy layer. Then let the hose water melt the ice making a nasty poop soup. It was bound to end up this way I just sped up through process. Since the wife and I work, the dogs just run out of the door flap and do their business. It's convenient but yes I have been lazy about getting getting them out enough. Skiing trumps hikes with pets

people who "own" dogs are weird.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

I went through this earlier this year. Better to let it melt out and do the rounds as the snow keeps the turds frozen even as it melts.

No solutions to your problem.

I bet your neighbors love you.. did you chip out a channel in the ice so that your poop soup runs into their yard? Its not hard to teach dogs to only poop in one area of the yard and then its easy to clean up...

There's always a point in the melt where the poop on top and frozen poop in the layers kinda merges into a turdfarm but as the frozen poop melts it disintegrates as does the poop on top and then shortly after everything melts its all muddy anyways so it gets mixed back in together, so just chill out for now. Later on throw some grass seed around.

Snowblowing it and hosing it down were bad ideas. Funny but bad. The preferred tool is a spade of some type but you're way past that now. So have that whisky and take the dogs for a walk and maybe later fence off the part of the yard right outside the dog door and put some gravel down.

now I think dog people are even weirder.

don't you guys have enough to think about managing your own shit, let alone that of another creature?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Well now we have a dog door and a lot of woods, I never even see dog shit, but back in the day it got kinda nasty sometimes if you cared. Trick is not caring. jah will provide mon.

I've had many dogs in a similar climate. I would try to catch as many poops as I could before they were snowed under and toss them into the field behind the house. Then in the early spring with below freezing nights, I'd go out one morning and pick up the frozen hundreds of poops I had missed. A new lifestyle now has me I bagging and tossing into the garbage.

Sounds like your screwed now that you've made poop soup and concentrated it. The grass might die anyway. Roto-till and sod or seed. Or leave it. The smell goes away after the third spring in my experience.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Thanks ice gonna have to let this one run its course. In hindsight I shoulda let thy poops freeze together.

Thought this little backyard project was going to be manageable while getting high out of my gord. I panicked and now have a coagulated shit nightmare

That killer weed again Drat!!
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

How Bozeman.

Small expensive old homes on tiny lots with a Labrador in the yard.

At least you kept your dog shit to yourself unlike most dog owners in this burg.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bobby Stainless Guest
    There are services that will come and clean up dog shit.

Get some lime , the kind that is made for your yard . The lime will neutralize the acids that the poop makes as it breaks down. This will stop most of the smell and help your grass survive . Apply at the max rate , if you apply to much at one time you will kill all your grass .

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Get some lime , the kind that is made for your yard . The lime will neutralize the acids that the poop makes as it breaks down. This will stop most of the smell and help your grass survive . Apply at the max rate , if you apply to much at one time you will kill all your grass .
    There is your answer for sure

Sent from my VM670 using TGR Forums

You know how many bags of limes this would take?? No really, I'll give it a shot.

Bun - wife already had the house before me but yea we're working on it, probably overpriced but what desirable town ain't?
    A town that treats dogs like humans I should feel proud to pick up shit!

I take my dogs for a nice run every morning and they shit 3-4 time in an hour. Then they only shit once in the yard when I let them out after dinner. I usually pick it up once a week when it's easy to get. If it frozen to the ground I don't sweat it.

I just came back in from a walk, saved me picking up 4 dumps. Gotta make it a regular thing now that it's warming up. Funny how one will go within 30 seconds of the other.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums