Thumbs up shimano xt brakes for $112

I just scored some F/R shimano xt 785s brakes rom BC.com using their price match for $112 a set. I found them on nashbar on sale and BC matched them. Not sure how long the nashbar sale is going to last. I missed out on the other cheap sales so thought I would pass this on.

that just for the brakes or the levers and hoses also?
    watch out for snakes

It's a complete setup for front or rear. Caliper, lever, hose, rotor. Nashbar is still doing $112, fyi

I just hooked this deal up on Nashbar, used the free shipping code, so ~240 for the setup, pretty sweet deal-no rotors.

rotors too? hot damn. I told myself I was going to stop spending 4 on bike stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    rotors too? hot damn. I told myself I was going to stop spending 4 on bike stuff.
    No rotors, at least for mine.

blueskycycling.com has them for a couple of bucks cheaper & free shipping. They are the ice-tech ones so not sure if they are the same as nashbar/bc.com

Thank you for the PSAs.

The blueskycycling ones do not include a rotor, so if the brake mentioned by OP has a rotor, that's a screaming deal.

No rotors, just levers, lines and calipers from BC.com for $112 each end. Not a bad deal though. Bluesky just had fronts..short lines.

Got a set from Bluesky a couple of weeks ago, $240 including adapters (but no rotors). That's less than half what my lbs was charging. Although I ended up having to buy a longer hose for the rear brake - the set from Bluesky came with a 1400mm hose, and apparently the Giant Trance X2 required a 1700mm hose - so that cut into the deal (hose was $47 at retail, bike was already at the shop with the brakes off so I just sucked it up). Be sure to check what adapters you need and what hose length, since if you get the wrong ones they can both add a lot of extra cash you might not be expecting.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey