Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fantastic. And great hat. Lotta gaps in there - more pics to come?

Nice TR and great to see you getting the goods.

I was at sillytude also on 2/24 - and apparently missed you and iceman as well. I seem to be out of the loop these days, if there is a loop anymore.

Nice work Buster, looked like a blast!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Way to get the goods Buster!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Fast and Bulbous, the Mascara Snake said. A tin teardrop clattered solemnly down the market drain. Pompous also bulbous, but grow fins, fast as serpentine butterscotch trickling down the economic lies. Free. Absolutely free. Only if you want to Be. Ski Here Now said Powder Rum Raison, scion of a lost Ben and Jerry's flavor; flatulent in the extreme. Blame the beans, blame the internet, blame the rich, blame the churches but kill the poor.
    Denim's deft dexterity, diamond hard opposed to integral Poincare Groups but worth t least 2 free beers since all honey crystallizes in time.
    So take your ho-ho-hose and cram it up your no-no-nose since just as Santa is an anagram for Satan, so is Live an anagram for Evil.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

yeah mon... way to get after it!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I hope I'm still hucking like you in 20 years.

I don't think I ever jumped stuff half the height of what you've done. So the arithmetic indicates you may be jumping twice as high for trwice as long!

Can't begin to thanks you and MOE enough.

Awesome to see people still meetin up and celebratin good times around here. More stoke, less bullshit, yeah! Beautiful shots.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Hell yeah. Next time, stop by CB. We'll give you a little tour!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    Well-played, all you young-ins take note, this is how its done both in the sense of a proper TR and just life in general. Bravo.
    Amen.

Some people know how to slay it and some people know how to play it.

Buster knows how's how to slay, play and relay it.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Fast and Bulbous...
    Ha! Somehow I missed this thread (because I'm oblivious?) until telemike and I were going back and forth in PMs about cool mags and he pointed me here. Great fucking pics and TR!

A great honor and a great pleasure to have met you and skied with you BH.

That's right, fast and bulbous.

spread love and rub it in
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

tour de force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome...nice pics and road trip..good read....thx
    always forward but never straight

po: there's more pics, but who wants to see my kids skiing?
    frozen: my bad, d00d, didn't have enough time to touch base...you're not in Ogden anymore!
    Thanks Gary, it was a blast. Work re-entry is a scorcher....ugh. See you LBD?
    Thanks CW; keep us updated on the shoulder, something I need to look into.
    P11s: yeah, man! You going to be down this way anytime? There's some W/BC potential in the next month, so I'll ping you.
    Thanks TC. The basics are the best.
    MBSC, yeah, I'll be up that way one of these years when there's guaranteed good snow. I left just as things got good basewise. Thanks!
    Thanks BD; I'm just another ski addict trying to get by.
    And likewise MS; thanks for the hookup and tour, sweet spot there, I'll be back with my posse in tow.
    tm: backatcha! Nice that some folks out there __get__ it.
    SM, and MB/B: thanks!

As I sit winnowing through the usual digital frustrations of woik, I go back and savor these moments and the people who reached out and shared . I'm lucky.

Excellent TR! Nice that you hit the storm cycle right and got the goods. Wasn't anywhere NEAR as nice for us when we were there...ahh but for another couple of weeks wait...

It dumped a ton after I left, but the last day Saturday and ripping the shit out of the Cabin gut in bottomless pow, figure 8ing Shockley's tracks is still glowing. If you didn't ski Silverton, you have to go back, it's a different ski experience.

Yeah, we didn't get to Silverton due to some complications in setting up our schedule. At first it was in the program but got sidelined. We drove right by it going from TRide to Durango the last day to catch our plane.... Definitely want to go back but probably a little later in the season to assure more snow.

It's nice to see a bunch of solid TRs on here at the moment. Nice Pics, back to Page 1.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Hell yeahs Buster
    hear's to hopin the duration between sharin turns is shorter than 6 years, forgot to ask ya about Odin who was w/ ya last time. That mag wrote some cool shit.
    Pretty sure I mentioned the some skate out the road but most walk part during that post run safety debriefing
    Stoked to ski ya and break bread and share scotch w/ the iceman and D.
    The story of piggybackin your daughter up silverton for the last run of the day stoked the shitout of me.
    Where as spending Mondays this season working has sucked and sucked even more knowing you and the most eggsalad meat cats would be gitter er good.
    It may b blated or it mights b premature
    but hippy dob old man from another agin ski bum

anyone ever told ya you look a bit like Ernest Hemingway
    I bet you'd even be able to pull off posting like him
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

that hat is classy and sophisticated and so is this tr.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Packing your little maggette up the bootpack gives current skiing Papa's like me some SERIOUS stoke, thanks a ton for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Buster

I want to see pics of the kiddo
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

+1 good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.