Rossignol s3 vs Atomic Ritual vs Volkl gotama vs K2 kung fujas

I am a 17 year old advanced/agressive skier that skis some groomers, a little park but mostly off piste trees and back bowls. I like to ski hard and fast, I hit drops, jumps and bumps so my skis get lots of abuse. I will be mounting them with barrons and using them for sidecountry and a bit of touring. I will be skiing almost exclusively at whistler and revelstoke so lots of pow.

I weigh 140 lbs and am 6'2"

I am looking at these skis because I work at sportchek and can get a killer discount on any schek skis but these were the ones that caught my eyes.

Any help and advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Having owned both the Gotama (first year rocker) and S3 both in 186 length, I'd say that the Ritual or Fujas are probably better one-quiver, part-time touring skis. IIRC, the Ritual is stiffer than the Fujas, but at your weight, not sure that matters.

On the other two, the S3 is fun, but a little too narrow to really worked well with that much rocker in really deep snow. They also get pushed around in PNW mank. The Gotama is a nice soft-snow biased ski, but the continual ELP rocker is not for everyone. They are supposed to have a bit more snap to them versus the model I had (way too damp and dead). Not necessarily saying you should rule these out, but that they are not as all-around focused as the Ritual or Fujas.

Good Luck with whatever you choose!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Having owned both the Gotama (first year rocker) and S3 both in 186 length, I'd say that the Ritual or Fujas are probably better one-quiver, part-time touring skis. IIRC, the Ritual is stiffer than the Fujas, but at your weight, not sure that matters.

On the other two, the S3 is fun, but a little too narrow to really worked well with that much rocker in really deep snow. They also get pushed around in PNW mank. The Gotama is a nice soft-snow biased ski, but the continual ELP rocker is not for everyone. They are supposed to have a bit more snap to them versus the model I had (way too damp and dead). Not necessarily saying you should rule these out, but that they are not as all-around focused as the Ritual or Fujas.

Good Luck with whatever you choose!
    Thanks a lot

I think that I like the looks of the Ritual. It looks like it will hold up a bit better on steeps and hard skiing.

I have demoed the kung fujas and they were awesome, my only concern them being a bit too freestyle oriented

The Gotama is definetly of interest, but I will definetly try it before i buy it

I am thinking that the s3 will be both a bit soft and narrow

Ritual rips.

If you work at a shop, you should have access to demos. Try it all.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    If you work at a shop, you should have access to demos. Try it all.
    Unfortunately sportchek is a major department store in Canada, so no trials

Yeah, but you could still get some demos at the hill or whatever. You should definitely try some stuff out before you buy skis.

I've been on a bunch of different skis in the last two years and the gotamas are still pretty high on my list. Haven't tried S3s, but thought S7s were pretty fun, just a little too soft and not quite what I'm looking for. Been pretty happy on stuff closer to 110mm for a DD.

I had 189 Fujas(104mm?) and found them too soft for a more big-mountain/pow ski. But I weigh about 55lbs more than you, so it should be good for you.

Not that it really helps you at all, but the 4frnt Turbo was the ski I replaced it with.

Oh, and unless you really, really, really, REALLY trust the guys in the back shop, take them somewhere else for mounting.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

maybe i can avoid another which mid-fat. thread: have found some great deals on shreditor 102...cody 186, quest 105-188, atomic ritual something else from one of the generic big companies that might be less spendy?

heard the shreditor 102 is just the kung fujas, which im not opposed to. big problem with k2 was always finding right size between 189 and 179, i know they have their different measuring system, 179 or 189 for comparibility to 186 cody/188 quest

need something to fit between 185 karmas and 192 bent chetlers... me likes playful, but must handle all conditions well and not chicken out in steep sketch wind affected, but if there was a tiebreaker it would be float/cool rocker profile... suggest something else if you will, but know i can get the above skis for good prices and won't go much north of 400 so don't suggest an awesome 600 plus ski, im sure it kicks ass but i don't have that kind of moolah right now

5'9 165 right now, could balloon back to 180 by mid winter, need me some fat layers.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    maybe i can avoid another which mid-fat. thread: have found some great deals on shreditor 102...cody 186, quest 105-188, atomic ritual something else from one of the generic big companies that might be less spendy?

heard the shreditor 102 is just the kung fujas, which im not opposed to. big problem with k2 was always finding right size between 189 and 179, i know they have their different measuring system, 179 or 189 for comparibility to 186 cody/188 quest

need something to fit between 185 karmas and 192 bent chetlers... me likes playful, but must handle all conditions well and not chicken out in steep sketch wind affected, but if there was a tiebreaker it would be float/cool rocker profile... suggest something else if you will, but know i can get the above skis for good prices and won't go much north of 400 so don't suggest an awesome 600 plus ski, im sure it kicks ass but i don't have that kind of moolah right now

5'9 165 right now, could balloon back to 180 by mid winter, need me some fat layers.
    Talk to Mike at RMU, buy the 18whatever Apostle. Last I talked to him about it they were backordered, but so were my North Shores and they showed up a week and a half later. I gots his email if you want it.

FWIW, I think K2 changed their measuring a couple of seasons ago...now 189 is a 189, not a 235. Or at least that's the case with my Obsethed.

What'd you choose? I'm late to the post, but I ski on Atomic Rituals and love them for everything. Have also heard great things about the RMU skis.