Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    If you've already liked TGR on Facebook, logging in here to vote is pretty much exactly the same thing (same API with same info accessible). The NSA has already downloaded all of your facebook info anyway, so relax. ;-)

Loved Max's JH Tram lap - very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    quit being a fag and vote for Max or I'll send the wolverine after you!
    Wolverinegate 2013 lives on!

Nice work with the edit btw.

I had to give my vote to Sam Cohen just for that balls to the wall heli footage. I could watch those mached out turns all day. Hammer was a close second just cause of the speed he was going at through manky shit.

Seriously, not letting us use our TGR logins is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    I had to give my vote to Sam Cohen just for that balls to the wall heli footage. I could watch those mached out turns all day. Hammer was a close second just cause of the speed he was going at through manky shit.
    I couldn't be bothered watching them all, and skipped over anything park/urban. But from the 10 I saw, that is exactly what I thought ^.

If that was really one unbroken run at JH, that Max Hammer guy can ski.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    If that was really one unbroken run at JH, that Max Hammer guy can ski.
    For logistical purposes I'm sure it was multiple runs, but clearly the guy can ski either way. I think anyone who has skied at JHMR (my first time was last winter) will have much more respect for the whole sequence. To me, it says here is the concept of resort skiing at its finest - just hitting features of the terrain and having as much fun as possible from top to bottom.

The Randy Evans clip is very good as well. The opening line, that back in the pillows, amongst many other moments.

I kind of liked that the footage included cutting hard skier right and stopping when he triggered that slab avalanche. Isn't that what a skier would/should do. Keeps it real, not just rad.
    Life is not lift served.

Any updates on the contest. It seems it has gone to a black Hole of secrecy since Mid July.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Any updates on the contest. It seems it has gone to a black Hole of secrecy since Mid July.
    I got an update to vote on specific categories, but the same dude keeps winning each category based on the facebook popularity contest rather than anything else, so props to him for having so many facebook friends. Just cut him a check already and be done with it.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I got an update to vote on specific categories, but the same dude keeps winning each category based on the facebook popularity contest rather than anything else, so props to him for having so many facebook friends. Just cut him a check already and be done with it.
    While the Newschoolers/4bi9 vote machine is a pretty powerful thing, the final vote tally for the grand prize has nothing to do with a popularity contest thankfully. You should see it over on NS though... Hilarious. All kinds of bitching and moaning that if he doesn't win it would be such a ripoff, etc.- but not one person says a single word when he wins best stomp... Kind of tells you how much people over there are actually giving real fucks, y'know?

In any case, I really liked McNutt's edit. I can't stop watching it, it's just so fucking good and it really has it all.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Winner was supposed to be announced yesterday... any word?

Dale won from what I've heard.

Winner posted, He was not my favorite, but i can live with it, it was a legit edit, that I have watched several times
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I find it hard to believe the athlete pool actually voted that particular edit to win, but I guess the power of the urban rail slide cannot be ignored! On another note... any word on the top 12 edits that will supposedly make up the Co-Lab movie?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I find it hard to believe the athlete pool actually voted that particular edit to win, but I guess the power of the urban rail slide cannot be ignored! On another note... any word on the top 12 edits that will supposedly make up the Co-Lab movie?
    I had the same thought. A bunch of big mountain skiers voted for the urban park video? Either way, in the future, if this happens again, it should clearly have a park / urban winner and a big mountain / powder winner.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I had the same thought. A bunch of big mountain skiers voted for the urban park video? Either way, in the future, if this happens again, it should clearly have a park / urban winner and a big mountain / powder winner.
    No doubt, there should certainly be two different categories at $50k each; the urban millenial circle jerk and then good old fashioned balls to the wall big mtn skiing. The fact that his eidt won best stomp is laughable at best considering the consequence in some of the other entries. Elyse went way bigger than that for christ sakes! Further proof that facebook voting for contest results is as gay as it gets!

Further proof that facebook voting for contest results is as gay as it gets!
    Casual homophobia aside... the winner was selected by the top 21 participants so the "facebook vote" really didn't play much of a role in the outcome.

The issue wasn't urban vs. big mountain, it was the fact that urban edit was about as good as an urban edit can be, and all of the big mountain ones were nowhere close to as good as they could be. There are probably a good dozen parts this year in movies that are better than anything entered in this contest on the big mountain side, while the Talkington edit is probably just about as good as any urban part put out this year. So the win shouldn't be that surprising (though it is for me anyway; I really thought the athletes would give it to someone like McNutt).

Thought McNutt deserved it. Mind blowing skiing, that raised a bar. Nothing in Dale's edit really raised a bar for me. Amazing edit for sure, incredible urban. But the athletes voted. There ya go. My favorite was actually Sage's due to it's creativity...and he didn't even make the top 18 due to facebook vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post
    Casual homophobia aside... the winner was selected by the top 21 participants so the "facebook vote" really didn't play much of a role in the outcome.
    sheesh... calling something, not someone, gay is now considered homophobic?! So gay. If you had any reading comprehension beyond glancing down at text messages and hash tags every two seconds, you would see that my comment was in reference to the best stomp award, which most certainly was the result of the super gay millenial facebook circle jerk vote.

sheesh... calling something, not someone, gay is now considered homophobic?! So gay. If you had any reading comprehension beyond glancing down at text messages and hash tags every two seconds, you would see that my comment was in reference to the best stomp award, which most certainly was the result of the super gay millenial facebook circle jerk vote.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
    Seriously?
    that's exactly how I feel about that dude winning best stomp

Quote Originally Posted by JD May View Post

The issue wasn't urban vs. big mountain, it was the fact that urban edit was about as good as an urban edit can be, and all of the big mountain ones were nowhere close to as good as they could be.

Really? I'd say it was a question of what the judging criteria was. Basically it was a spin to win situation, and I for one think it's hilarious that 4bi9- kings of bitch about spinning to win- took home the $100k doing exactly that. McNutt himself said that given the criteria, it would have been cheating to not give it to Dale- not trying to take anything away from Dale since the edit was tighter than a virgin in church, but that is pretty ironic. ESPECIALLY given that his edit was "presented by Nordica" when McNutt's edit was presented by... well... Nick McNutt.

I wonder how many dollars he got for every degree of rotation now that I'm thinking about it. Inquiring minds...
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Bumping an old thread - was there ever a second co-lab? the first one was great - bring it back!!