Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I put hundreds if not thousands of hours on one of those units in Taos. Skilled operation results in a very useful setup.

Im interested in this, would pickup in Jan 2015, flip the belt around? That would grind the fuck out of the metal platen.

Can definitely work out storage until January.

Never flipped the belt around but if you only do it infrequently I wouldn't see it being an issue. Especially if you use the finest grit or a belt that is out of commision.
    Last edited by soups818; 10-13-2014 at 07:38 PM.

I'm still in. Been running myself. I'll be in Boulder in the couple weeks. Can pick up then.

One of my friends must have asked for this . Is it still available.
    SkiBoot RX-406-702-1530!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I'm still in. Been running myself. I'll be in Boulder in the couple weeks. Can pick up then.
    No worries man. Sounds good. Let me know as time gets closer and we can set something up.

Sweet price on that unit. It's a 604, and uses 6x80 belts. I have a 680, which is an upgraded version with auto feed and side edge bevel plate.

splat - do you have a pic of that Montana? Or model # ??

Still have it.

Olympus, when were you going to be in town? I'm going to be in and out the next two weeks. Let me know and we can plan something if you still want it.

It's official. I need this thing out of the garage by mid-December. I've got a bunch of tuning shit too and a nice work table. Will make a deal on all of it. Come on!

Tell me more about the tuning supplies, or did you mean specific to that machine?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Nope. Actual supplies. I was going to post up a thread with all the individual shit but was going to see if there was interest in the whole lot first. Shipping out all the individual bits and pieces to multiple people would be a PITA.

I have to go through and take an inventory but I have edge guides, files, iron, vises, wax, etc.

All of this is in Denver BTW. One stop shop to start your home tuning dream!

I might be interested in edge guides, possibly files and stones. That shit is expensive new. I guess because it's a small market and a part that rarely needs replacing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I would be interested in picking up some of your tuning gear. I'm close to denver so could perhaps stop by one day- would be interested in roto brushes if you have them, diamond stones, files, wax, etc. Sent you a PM too

Hoping to sell this as a lot deal for now. I can store the tuning bits and pieces easily if it comes to that. Its bittersweet but in reality I really want the whole lot gone!

Alright. If I had seen this a few months ago I probably would have taken it all :/ let me know if you decide to sell any of it separately

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Did I mention that it was used in the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics!!!! At least that's what a sticker on the side says.

Somebody take it before I change my mind.

Pics below in the thread...
    I live in lake placid. Someone would eat that shit up. Most of the town still thinks its 1980. I'm guessing it's not ship-able...

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I live in lake placid. Someone would eat that shit up. Most of the town still thinks its 1980. I'm guessing it's not ship-able...
    Thats funny. Wish it was but at about 80lbs and needing to be crated I'm not going to go through the hassle. Not to mention I'm sure it would cost $$$$.

I still want it too so if you decide you are willing to crate it remember I was the second post in this thread!

Bump for the Monday morning crowd

Gone! The grinder was picked up tonight. Bittersweet.

Still have a really nice work table, vices, etc.

If you decide to part out the tuning shit and are willing to ship, I'm looking for brass brush.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    If you decide to part out the tuning shit and are willing to ship, I'm looking for brass brush.
    My roto-brushes are one of three things I'm keeping for a buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by theChenzp View Post
    Sweet price on that unit. It's a 604, and uses 6x80 belts. I have a 680, which is an upgraded version with auto feed and side edge bevel plate.

splat - do you have a pic of that Montana? Or model # ??
    Not anymore. It's gone.