Teton Pass Ski Resort Open!

Woohoo! I somehow missed the memo that it had been re-opened, but a friend of mine skied Teton Pass (by Choteau, MT) last weekend and said it was pretty fantastic. He said the lodge has been remodeled and is super nice, the food is phenomenal, got to ski endless pow all day with zero crowds, and went on and on.

http://tetonpassresort.com/

I seriously need to make it a priority to make my way up there. Anybody else get to check it out since it's been open?

yah was up there three wks ago before they got all this new snow, no name wasnt even open. But they have been pooped on recently, make sure you bring your gear to get above the lift. two weekends from now they be havin a rando-race i'll be there that weekend.

love that drive into the the rocky mountain front....

i need to find some pics and post em up......

some pics of the other teton pass.
    a lil hill with lots of potential....

Checked it out while fishing nearby last summer, nice area. Looks like some fun above the lift and adjacent to the ski area. Perhaps a bit dry on that side of the divide? One thing is for sure, you couldn't hide a ski area any better if you tried!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panorama1.jpg 
Views:	1812 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	133215

Teton Pass is awesome! I lived outside of Choteau for a few years and worked at the ski hill for three winters. The lift serves about 1000' of vert and there is another 1200' above the lift. The new mountain manager is a Choteau local who is a great skier/snowboarder/mountaneer. The hiking above the lift is super cool and the backcountry potential is huge. Sure, it is on the Rocky Mountain Front and the wind blows 50-70mph most of the time, but when the storm track sets up right, the skiing can be excellent, and you feel like you could be the only one skiing in the whole mountain range. The new owner dumped a bunch of money into the place two years ago: renovated the lodge, added new generators, rebuilt the main lift, maintained the old trails, cut new ones, and added a surface lift.
    In the top photo, you can just barely see the top of the lift. 3/4 of that terrain is the hike-to area. The bottom photo is from Joe's Wave looking across about 800 vert of the hiking area. You couldn't track this place up if you tried. This area is capable of producing large avalanches and is not always open, so check with patrol before hiking.

Go there! Do it this season!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TetonPass.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	133216

I checked it out a few weeks ago good snow no crowds. Should have brought my gear to go up but I forgot it. Good time and fun to checkout another Montana area.