E-mail Server Q...Outlook/Android Sync

I'm waiting for my laptop (new job) and got tired of only being able to send e-mails on my phone (have work e-mail synced to stock email on Galaxy S3).
    I don't have outlook untill my laptop arrives so i synced email to outlook express just for now. when I did it it wiped my inbox clean on my phone, as it appeared they could only be on one or the other. Now I'm getting them on both my phone and outlook express, so that seems fine.
    My question is how to get my old emails in inbox back on my phone(doesn't work if I sync now). I know I could forward them to myself, but is there another way? What if I forward them to myself so they go to my phone(just to make sure i don't lose them completely) then wipe them off of outlook express...will I then be able to get them back on phone with sync?
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

If I read you correctly, you probably set up Outlook Express to do a POP3 pickup of the messages stored on the email server. You also forgot to check the advanced options of leave messages on the server.

So at this point- it really depends on where, what type of mail server it is, and what access you have to that server. There is a way to export messages in Outlook Express. But the export would not get the messages onto the mail server unless the administrator of the mail server is willing to load them back on.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001094387.aspx

Finally, if the email server is in fact Microsoft Exchange you may have some other options once you have Outlook running on another computer. The syncing of the messages on the Android is probably set up to use Microsoft Active Sync (back to an Exchange Server) and the old messages are not there because they have been removed from the Server and only are in the Outlook Express inbox....

Maybe I'm confused about what you're asking for but I'm thinking you just need to go to the settings on your android email app and tell it to sync a longer period of emails. So open the email app. Then click the 3 little squares in the lower right corner. Then click Sync options. Then select Days to sync and change it to whatever period you want.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Maybe I'm confused about what you're asking for but I'm thinking you just need to go to the settings on your android email app and tell it to sync a longer period of emails. So open the email app. Then click the 3 little squares in the lower right corner. Then click Sync options. Then select Days to sync and change it to whatever period you want.
    sounds like it would work, but not an option on the phone...just when to sync. Both phone and OE are POP3. Looks like I just have to deal with the clusterfuck for now and export into outlook when i get it. I believe there are ways to sync phone with outlook through an app that i will look into.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797