Snow depth twitter project

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, and i'm not a twitter follower, but this sounds cool:

(i got this email through a listserv- this is not from me)

"For those currently under the influence of the snowmageddon system this weekend in the north east USA and Canada (or anywhere in the world for that matter), please consider tweeting your snow depth(s) at any time to #snowtweets. All you need is a Twitter account. Then, tweet the snow depth from wherever you happen to be (as long as it is safe to do so!) and we will place your snow depth on a map. If we get enough Tweets, we will can produce snow map(s) from the tweets. The Twitter protocol is simple:
    #Snowtweets snow_depth at your_postcode For example: #Snowtweets 25 cm at N2L 3G1
    It should work for most planetary postcodes. You can find more information at snowtweets.org.
    Please feel free to pass the message on to others you might know who use Twitter. It takes less than a minute and we are trying to capture the accumulation from this storm and others too!
    Many thanks for your help with this ongoing research project.

Department of Geography & Environmental Management
    University of Waterloo
    200 University Ave. W., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1"

Quote Originally Posted by stash searcher View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, and i'm not a twitter follower, but this sounds cool:

(i got this email through a listserv- this is not from me)

"For those currently under the influence of the snowmageddon system this weekend in the north east USA and Canada (or anywhere in the world for that matter), please consider tweeting your snow depth(s) at any time to #snowtweets. All you need is a Twitter account. Then, tweet the snow depth from wherever you happen to be (as long as it is safe to do so!) and we aftermarket parts will place your snow depth on a map. If we get enough Tweets, we will can produce snow map(s) from the tweets. The Twitter protocol is simple:
    #Snowtweets snow_depth at your_postcode For example: #Snowtweets 25 cm at N2L 3G1
    It should work for most planetary postcodes. You can find more information at snowtweets.org.
    Please feel free to pass the message on to others you might know who use Twitter. It takes less than a minute and we are trying to capture the accumulation from this storm and others too!
    Many thanks for your help with this ongoing research project.

Department of Geography & Environmental Management
    University of Waterloo
    200 University Ave. W., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3G1"
    Great thought. I will surely contribute my bit
    Last edited by Denbar; 02-28-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Berthoud pass 2013 578 in