Another dynafit JONG question - brakes

So i'm bending some brakes for sts10's and have installed them to see exactly where I want to put the bend in the arms. I followed wildsnow's instructions and have them clipped around the post with the second little clip resting in there. So i think their installed just fine but now they really interfere with the way the heel piece twists into touring mode wtf? The curved piece of metal is all up in the pin area. shit, i'll just upload a photo...

As long as you've got the locking clip in place properly they're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

yea I think so, it just sort of rests in there. I takes a fair bit more effort getting the heel to spin but yea i can see that being the case. don't really know what i was expecting...

1) Depress brake with hand
    2) Turn heel piece
    3) ...
    4) Profit?!

It looks fine to me

Often, I have to hook one side of the retainer clip on the heel post prongs and push the other tine of the clip on with a big screwdriver. The retainer clip tines need to be flush with, and holding together, the prongs that clip around the heel post. Sometimes the retainer clip just drops right on.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Ya the clips both took a little seperating to drop in

Now the right heel wants to spin at random while touring. Twice I locked back into the pins unexpectedly. Fuck these brakes?

Some info here

http://www.wildsnow.com/articles/dyn...q1.html#rotate

I had it happen once with Comforts in wet snow. I tried cutting one spring off but then it wouldn't even hold my Manaslu off the floor.

My buddy ripped his brakes off with his gloved hands once mid tour and tossed his brakes into the void when it kept happening to him. He skis in tour mode now.

Right side only? Try switching skis and see if it's the boot or the binding.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I've never done it. But rumor has it that Salomon brake arms can swap into Dynafit brake housing. Generally much cheaper than buying wide Dynafit brakes.