Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    This is my second season taking my dog out skiing with me. Last year I contemplated the idea of getting a dog friendly/old style beacon for him. I have come up with one conclusion after taking him out.
    Considerable avy days are hard days for dogs to move in the snow. Add a 35+ degree slope and you dog is just trying to play catch up on the down and the up. When I take my dog out its normally low angle and places where he can walk in the snow, as appose to trying to swim through the snow on the up. He seems to do fine on the down.
    A dog does not care if the slope is under 30 degrees. He will have just as much fun.

Have you considered the doggy airbag pack? Only problem is, would they even know when to pull the cord? I'm guessing not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359779694.910345.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	131733

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djrez4 View Post
    There's a lot of dude-on-dude nut touching going on in here.
    only when the sacks bounce on your chin in your great TGR gangbang fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Have you considered the doggy airbag pack? Only problem is, would they even know when to pull the cord? I'm guessing not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359779694.910345.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	131733
    The ABS has a remote trigger to activate the air bag. I think that is the best option for the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmansbro View Post
    This is my second season taking my dog out skiing with me. Last year I contemplated the idea of getting a dog friendly/old style beacon for him. I have come up with one conclusion after taking him out.
    Considerable avy days are hard days for dogs to move in the snow. Add a 35+ degree slope and you dog is just trying to play catch up on the down and the up. When I take my dog out its normally low angle and places where he can walk in the snow, as opposed to trying to swim through the snow on the up. He seems to do fine on the down.
    A dog does not care if the slope is under 30 degrees. He will have just as much fun.
    After thinking this through, that is the same conclusion I have come to also. As a jong, I will go with the nicer unit that has the dog frequency option, get some easy days in the BC this remaining season and then will plan my options with them next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Maybe consider this, if you are out skiing with your dog and contemplating a slope in conditions that might get your dog buried, take a pass. If it would crush you to kill your dog in an avalanche, why would you put him in that position? Maybe it would make a better barometer for your decision making in avalanche terrain.

I would not put a beacon on my dog. I also would not take him into a situation where there was a likelihood that he may need one, though.

tree wells during spring touring is one situation i have thought about with my pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I gotta say, I do not like the idea of dual frequency devices for dogs and people. In the stress of searching, it would be a shame to find out later that you were in doggy mode. I like the KISS model for lifesaving devices.
    If someone's stupid enough to "accidentally" be in dog-mode on the DSP when searching, they're too stupid to tour with and you need better partners.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Maybe consider this, if you are out skiing with your dog and contemplating a slope in conditions that might get your dog buried, take a pass. If it would crush you to kill your dog in an avalanche, why would you put him in that position? Maybe it would make a better barometer for your decision making in avalanche terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    If someone's stupid enough to "accidentally" be in dog-mode on the DSP when searching, they're too stupid to tour with and you need better partners.
    This.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You guys are confusing a lack of proficiency with stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    You guys are confusing a lack of proficiency with stupidity.
    Anyone so inept with their beacon that they could accidentally be in dog mode but going out touring with it anyway is too stupid to tour with.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I'm with Bean on this one. I own a DSP and have used the dog feature. You have to try pretty hard to make it go into doggie mode. You would have to be pretty inept to "accidentally" switch it over.

Sent from my LG-C800 using TGR Forums