Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIP Caleb Moore

RIP Caleb Moore

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50654704/ns/sports/

DENVER - Caleb Moore, an innovative freestyle snowmobile rider who was hurt in a dramatic crash at the Winter X Games in Colorado, died Thursday morning. He was 25

I saw this live on Winter X Games.
    Last edited by Jim S; 01-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Damn. At he can say he died doing something more rad than 99.999999% of the people who died before him. Vibes to him and his family.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Damn. At he can say he died doing something more rad than 99.999999% of the people who died before him. Vibes to him and his family.
    no he cant, because he died. He isnt in a better place, and dying at 25 is a cloud that has no silver lining.

so sad.

bummer... was hoping he'd pull through. RIP
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    bummer... was hoping he'd pull through. RIP
    did you see the video of the wreck?

Very sad. Vibes to all that new him

He walked away from the wreck I think I remember when watching it.

He literally walked away from it. Smiling. Unbelievable. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He walked away from the wreck I think I remember when watching it.
    Internal injuries often do not kill you right away. When I was in high school two kids I knew hopped in the bed of a friend's truck at a party when that friend decided to go for a drunk joyride. She wrecked the truck, one of them was thrown clear and the other was pinned under the truck. The one who was pinned was messed up to within an inch of his life, and the one who was thrown appeared fine aside from some scrapes and made the initial 911 call. A few hours later she started complaining of abdominal pains and died shortly thereafter.

RIP Caleb.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    He literally walked away from it. Smiling. Unbelievable. RIP.

yes, but it was unbelievable that he did if you watched it in slow motion considering the forces involved. but like dantheman said, internal injuries can be like that.

Rip Caleb. I wish I could say the snowmobiling industry could learn something from this and safety could be improved but I don't see how.

Either way my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Wow. Super sad.

RIP Caleb.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Sooooooo sad that a young man checked out early, but I second the fact that he went out doing something he loved. Many more people will end their lives in a miserable, lonely place...

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    There is nothing rad about having a 500 pound snowmobile cartwheel on top of you. Nothing.

A terrible event that certainly makes one question the thin line these extreme sports athletes walk. My best wishes to his family.

RIP in peace Caleb
    vibes and strength to family & friends

if you push the limits ie; ski base jumping, or getting upsidedown on 450# machines that could bounce off your head, you might die doing what you love. I wonder what his helmet looks like?
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Wonder if he had a ruptured spleen?

Vibes
    watch out for snakes

The article mentioned bleeding around the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    RIP in peace Caleb
    vibes and strength to family & friends

if you push the limits ie; ski base jumping, or getting upsidedown on 450# machines that could bounce off your head, you might die doing what you love. I wonder what his helmet looks like?
    From what I saw his helmet looked just fine. That fucking sled took a bounce and came down nose first into his chest.
    I couldn't believe he even got up from that.

RIP.

rip............

RIP Caleb. Very sad, it didn't seem so serious at the time when he got up and walked away from that crash. Unfortunately I can't say I'm overly surprised now about the "brain complication" after reading in another article that he had gotten at least 10 concussions in his life prior to the X Games this year.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Such a bummer...vibes
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

my money's on aortic dissection. very very sad.

No way the medical personnel should have let him walk off after that wreck. The MOI indicates that he should have been on a board and immobilized. Not saying that it would have saved his life but it may have prevented aggravating existing injuries.

Evil
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

RIP. Such a bummer.

I watched most of the snowmobiling stuff on TV. The other accident could have also easily been lethal. Worse yet was a third crash when the snowmobile got loose and coulda easily killed a spectator. Begs the question, when is enough enough?

RIP...........