K2 Skins for Non-K2 Skis

Anyone have any experience with K2's Trim-to-Fit skins? They look like they might be a pretty good departure from the typical setup. I'm thinking about drilling holes in the tips/tails of a pair of boards I have and sealing with epoxy / metal rivets.

Anyone have experience with TechTalk? It looks it might be a pretty good departure from the typical non-tech talk. I'm thinking about posting a pair of questions I have there and sealing it with my signature.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

doesn't k2's chinese website have a tutorial on just such a project. pretty sure it is NOT allowed but you sure can try
    be sure to let us all know how great a job you did!
    bobby

Quote Originally Posted by SLOskier36 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with K2's Trim-to-Fit skins? They look like they might be a pretty good departure from the typical setup. I'm thinking about drilling holes in the tips/tails of a pair of boards I have and sealing with epoxy / metal rivets.
    It's your first post, this board gets snarky when you post in the wrong forum. At the top click forum and Tech Talk and post this there, tons of good info.

k2 skinz are okay, bd are much better. buy those.

and, WONG WONG WONG FOWUM JONG JONG JONG......

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    k2 skinz are okay, bd are much better. buy those.
    Depends on the generation. K2 Coll-Tex = no glide, glue is suspect. K2 Pomoca = as good as BD but way better tip/tail attachment (assuming you've got holes in tip/tail).
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Depends on the generation. K2 Coll-Tex = no glide, glue is suspect. K2 Pomoca = as good as BD but way better tip/tail attachment (assuming you've got holes in tip/tail).
    i have k2's with attachment for my k2 skis and they work but glue not as good as bd. they could be coll-tex version not sure, figured what the heck and the whole shabang was cheap. i prefer standard skins with no tail attachment. wish bd still did the ascension standards.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    i have k2's with attachment for my k2 skis and they work but glue not as good as bd. they could be coll-tex version not sure, figured what the heck and the whole shabang was cheap. i prefer standard skins with no tail attachment. wish bd still did the ascension standards.

rog
    They'll either say Coll-Tex or POMOCA on the glue side. The former have triangular black plastic attaching the Z-clip to the tip, and the latter have a bent tab attached to a rectangular black plastic attachment on the tip.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

mine are POMOCA.

still goin strong, but have had to add/patch glue which i've never had to do with bd. thanx for details.

rog