Page 22 of 226 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Hugh Conway Guest
    oh! bobby posted a stupid meme! can't wait for the next shitpeg bit of personality from bobby!

You
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Thought you guys might think this was cool. I helped build this car and I'm its crew chief at the track.

DSC_2685 by maximstensel, on Flickr

It's got an S65 V8 bored and stroked out to 4.6l with an unmuffled custom-built exhaust and foam filter velocity stack setup, Motion Control Suspension 2-way nitrogen struts/shocks, StopTech brakes, a full rollcage fabricated from the ground up by my shop, and a whole bunch of one-off custom aero stuff including a full rear diffuser. Under 3000lb wet, too, after an insanely extensive weight reduction regimen. (Seriously, we pulled out like 40lb in useless interior bracketry alone.)

I think its cool,very cool. I used to be a crew chief, but a different kind.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

that is wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    I think its cool,very cool. I used to be a crew chief, but a different kind.
    Thanks. Aviation crew chief I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Archer View Post
    Thought you guys might think this was cool. I helped build this car and I'm its crew chief at the track.

DSC_2685 by maximstensel, on Flickr

It's got an S65 V8 bored and stroked out to 4.6l with an unmuffled custom-built exhaust and foam filter velocity stack setup, Motion Control Suspension 2-way nitrogen struts/shocks, StopTech brakes, a full rollcage fabricated from the ground up by my shop, and a whole bunch of one-off custom aero stuff including a full rear diffuser. Under 3000lb wet, too, after an insanely extensive weight reduction regimen. (Seriously, we pulled out like 40lb in useless interior bracketry alone.)
    Hugh, that Ferrari is gorgeous, didn't even know that existed.

Max, that is sweet! Where do you guys run that M3?(ish?)
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hugh, that Ferrari is gorgeous, didn't even know that existed.

Max, that is sweet! Where do you guys run that M3?(ish?)
    Pretty much everywhere in SoCal (Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Auto Club Speedway etc) and this coming season we'll be running it further afield in the NASA German Touring Series championship (Probably GTS5 class), capped off by the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in December.

I've seen that car with some Volk TE37s on it. LMs maybe.

Bet it sounds great!
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I've seen that car with some Volk TE37s on it. LMs maybe.

Bet it sounds great!
    They were TE37SLs, now sold. They made sense when the car was a souped-up street car, not as much for hard track abuse. We need three or four more sets of wheels for endurance race use and we're currently trying to decide what to get.

It sounds freaking spectacular, the closest comparison I can make is actually to a NASCAR stock car! I need to get some video with a proper mic, it's been too windy to get good audio the last few times at the track though.

Installed new stebro rear boxes today. I like the sound. First one is OEM boxes at around 4500-5000 rpm next is stebros 4000- 4500 rpm vroom vroom Sorry for shitty cell phone yada yada

As I thought, the Hellcat doesn't hook...

In other news. This is a good way to make 100k in 2-3 years.

Perfect for snow too.

As I thought, the Hellcat doesn't hook...
    The brazen ability to boil the tires may not detract from the car's appeal for the target buyer.

In other news. This is a good way to make 100k in 2-3 years.

Perfect for snow too.
    Drooling over here. Although it wouldn't be much of an investment for me as I'd drive the living stink out of it every day. Would have many hundreds of thousands of hard driven miles by the time I was done with it.

Like somebody said here already (in which they were quoting Jim Glickenhaus), “Not putting miles on your Ferrari (we'll say Porsche in this case) is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she’ll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.” Yup. Well said. Forget buying a car like that just to be a garage queen. I do not believe in cars as investments. They are meant to be driven, and driven hard!

I've made it quite clear to my wife that a used Porsche 911 4S or Turbo is in our future (far future, mind you), which at that point I am going to drive it until the wheels fall off...or I wrap it around a tree. Either way, I'm happy.

Thinking about this for my next daily driver...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4796330597.html

^^^^^. had very same year, fun car to drive. love 240., 260, early 280's. check frame for rust......seriously. had plans to drop a 327 in it until mr senile missed a stop sign and sent her to t bone heaven...... sigh

Something to drool over on a cold winter's evening:

2016 Mercedes Benz AMG GT - S

Hot damn...looks like Mercedes Benz has finally remembered how to design a GORGEOUS-looking car!! It's been since when....1962????

As to that Datsun 240/260 above, I remember seeing those acrylic headlight covers in old issues of JC Whitney's catalogs. My brother had one of those in college and was always going to get those covers and the attendant ground effects package.
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 12-12-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

I'm thinking about a Porsche next.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Beautiful M1, even with those ugly late 70s wheels. They have 2 BMW emblems on the back just so you 1980s Porsche drivers don't think you've just been passed by a delorean.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
    Thinking about this for my next daily driver...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4796330597.html

This popped up on reddit the other day. http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...2_datsun_240z/

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    This popped up on reddit the other day. http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...2_datsun_240z/

That's sick^
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 12-30-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post

Drooooool...

not where the most snow was last night...
    ///M-SUV

When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

^^^^I sure regret selling the 01 that I had. Such a fun car to drive on twisty roads and the speed of it caught a lot of people of guard. It was as fast as my buddies Z8 and that really pissed him off
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.