Page 81 of 226 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 5644
    Ron Funk, Last of the Ski Bums - Barrymore.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ron Funk, Last of the Ski Bums - Barrymore.
    1968 911 T sportmatic from Downhill racer

But the last of the ski bums looks pretty good.

Turning a Porsche into a rod might seem an audacious miscarriage of class to some, but this particular one didn't turn out too badly:

My wet dream:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lambofest.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	191432
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Those Miuras came in fantastic colors.

Got behind a pristine example of a 740i Sport Short today and reminded me how much I'd still love to get an unmolested one. Black, white, or silver - man they were sharp cars.

I still call it The Jake.

Name:	img016.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	191448

Name:	img014.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	191449

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Looks like Jon Olsson has a new whip:

Very cool, full story here: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/modi...racan-roof-box

But still not as cool as his last one, that unfortunately met a horrible fate:

I liked his R8 the best:
    Name:  jon-olsson-audi-r8-ppi-stasis-stertman-carbon-wide-body-razor-gtr-v10_DSC2395-Redigera-copy.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  300.4 KB

That R8 is fucking insane

Huge Porsche sell off happening now.

911 GT3 RS is under MSRP, used to be 100k over. 993T are about 120-130, used to be 170-200.

Bubble broke. People got woke.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I've been watching prices on 996tt and f430's . the porsches seem to be holding but its becoming easier to find f430'sat around $80,000. Another 25 grand and I'm in the wheelhouse.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

All of those F430s will need a engine out service, and a manifold recall done. So tack on another 12-15k. I promise they will need tires.

996tt didn't really go nuts, like the air cooled cars did.

If I were you, I would look at F355. Specifically a manual. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5124/overview/

That's what I am looking for.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

What eng. out service is required for a f430?
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Oil change, tire rotation, washer fluid fill, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Don't feel like starting another what car thread cuz the knowledgeable car dudes hang here anyway. Any reason I shouldn't buy a 2014 535i xdrive with 25k on it for a steal? Wife needs a new daily driver. A3 was too small and felt like tin can.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Don't feel like starting another what car thread cuz the knowledgeable car dudes hang here anyway. Any reason I shouldn't buy a 2014 535i xdrive with 25k on it for a steal? Wife needs a new daily driver. A3 was too small and felt like tin can.
    What's a steal?

Are you still within the first 36 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

The warranty? No. The cost is a sweetheart family deal and I know the history of the car. Just wondering if you guys know of any issues on the model. How about the snow performance? We have other rigs for the really bad storms.

I've owned a few of the late model BMs with the 3.5 and Xdrive. The issue that killed it for us was the fucking transmission. Ever since they went to drive by wire and that horrid box the things just went to shit. Most common issue was a random pulsing issue under acceleration in higher speeds. Read: passing on the highway, going uphill and needing more juice... you got this dead reaction followed by a random pulsing like it was either engaging or disengaging gear or was slipping gears. BMW (all of ours under warranty) said it was a simple software fix. Worked on X5's 1 and 2 but we bailed on number 3 after a few thousand miles. The brains that drive that system are shit. No new car, BM or Chevy or anything in between should do that - and I love BMWs. They drive great. The transmission on those years were shit.

Oh, and they were all great in the snow.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    All of those F430s will need a engine out service, and a manifold recall done.
    I helped my buddy does his manifold, piece of cake. In the last 10 years Lotus, 911Turbo, GT-R, 911 GT3 super track loud hunk of shit and now the 430. Way bettered.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Mechanics can do the manifold recall engine in, but most will charge to pull the engine, or will try. 8-15k is the range I have seen in cost.

General consensus on FerrrariChat is to go aftermarket. I never do that, becuase I always flip my cars. Fabspeed has a popular aftermarket solution, I believe.

So $84,350 of actual costs to own a $130k F430 for 5 years with 4k annual miles driven is my estimation. Again, keep in mind you should have an extra $15k fund for potential major repairs, but these seem to be rare on the F430 model. Note also that at only 5% return on your cash, opportunity cost of $130k over 5 years would add over $32,500 to your real cost.
    20k miles driven at $84,350 cost = ~$4.25 per mile. Assuming my numbers are close, and how this ignores opportunity cost and major repairs, and is on a 6 year old Ferrari, I think the "$1 per mile ownership cost" is way off. So, driving 15 miles each way to dinner; that'll cost you $127.50 before you pay for your dinner. .

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360...130k-f430.html

I can probably get a F355 perfect, for around 10k. That's belt service and everything.

F430 is a bad bitch though, and a really good looking car. This one has CCBs on it. I see it falling more in value though. F355 is near bottom, and manuals can be had pretty easy for 70k. Put another 10-15 in it and wait a few years for it to double.

slick with the vintage HREs
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 11-02-2016 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Those Miuras came in fantastic colors.

Got behind a pristine example of a 740i Sport Short today and reminded me how much I'd still love to get an unmolested one. Black, white, or silver - man they were sharp cars.

Definitely the last generation 7 series that was actually a driver's car. The newer ones are just rolling computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    "My turn, you drove last time!"
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

That car is for sale. 15k I think, 146k miles. Slated for a rebuild with a prospective owner.

Xpost from stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    This is the fun part. I already dropped 6k on the ims permanent fix + peripheral refresh. The ims is fine. It seems like the fabseepd airbox I put on fouled the mass airflow sensor, which led to rich fuel/air ratio. Which means I can keep driving it and hydrolock a cylinder (rebuild) or start replacing everything upstream that could be causing the rich mixture. If I'm lucky, it's a couple hundred bucks. If not, who knows. sorry to bitch, i just find it amazing that a supposedly luxury focused company (fabspeed) would sell shit that grenades a motor, unreal.
    Is carbon buildup the issue? There are some OEM solutions for that.