Page 5 of 226 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    The CL600 reminds me of a black 2 door honda accord coupe from a few years ago.
    The Asian manufacturers always copy german design.

I think that's actually the most beautiful thing about that car. Total sleeper.

Killer rig 4matic. Being partial to germans, I like the way bmw and audi drive better, but that thing is mean.

Shoulda just gone Maybach

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Killer rig 4matic. Being partial to germans, I like the way bmw and audi drive better, but that thing is mean.

Shoulda just gone Maybach
    Thanks. I'm a Benz guy. The S class is quite a bit bigger than the CL and the CL is a big car with a worthless back seat. The regular S Class sedan has fully adjustable rear seat option that is pretty sweet. The W221 AWD sedan is probably my next ski car.

Never understood the appeal of Porsches and those who worship them.

Some of my favorites-

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

My top two...

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Well then... you never have gotten one mid corner and realized you were coming in a little too hot, and realized the only way to pull yourself out of the situation was to give it some gas to plant that rear end. I'm sorry.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Well then... you never have gotten one mid corner and realized you were coming in a little too hot, and realized the only way to pull yourself out of the situation was to give it some gas to plant that rear end. I'm sorry.
    This. Parents traded in a 912 (I think a '73) for a bug when I came along. Dad also had a '67 GTO at one point prior to me. Then he found a nice condition '81 912 targa that he restored. Taking that sucker on a few laps up Clear Creek and down Golden Gate or vice versa was fun. Traded that for a MB SL500 (I think a late '90s model) convertible that is a fun ride too.

Back on task, I think this could supplant the Porsche (or be added to the mythical money is no object garage), especially after that recent episode of Top Gear. Pagani Huayra

Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    This. Parents traded in a 912 (I think a '73) for a bug when I came along. Dad also had a '67 GTO at one point prior to me. Then he found a nice condition '81 912 targa that he restored. Taking that sucker on a few laps up Clear Creek and down Golden Gate or vice versa was fun. Traded that for a MB SL500 (I think a late '90s model) convertible that is a fun ride too.

Back on task, I think this could supplant the Porsche (or be added to the mythical money is no object garage), especially after that recent episode of Top Gear. Pagani Huayra

At first glance looks overdone, plus the photo is small, BUT upon further pinched screen review, I bet it drives like a modern F1, but with a cabin! Nuts and ballsy fun.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I have a different taste than most....

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The vehi-cross roadster?

...I always kinda liked that silly thing. Never could figure out why.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Go drive one, and then you too shall understand. You'll understand even better if you can get one on a track, or on the autobahn at the very least!

Well, step one (if you get to drive one hard): tell yourself about 20 times that, kind of like a jetski, it won't turn nearly as well unless you're on the gas, and just make sure your entry speed into a corner is the slowest you will be going. If you lift, you could get in trouble, if you hit the brakes in a corner, you'll swap ends pretty quickly.

Also, as wonderful as the new ones are, to gain a full appreciation, you really should drive an air cooled model (pre '99) and a newer liquid cooled one.

For a long time my dad just had that white 88 targa, then a few years later he picked up "GORT", a silver, pristine '98 Carrera S. I got the chance to take that out on the track, HWY 9, and to prom. When he sold it, we both agreed that the 88 was more fun to drive because you didn't have to worry about it nearly as much. We ran the shit out of that thing (the 88) and it just was bulletproof, which is another reason people REALLY love porsche. NONE of the other cars that run in their category can touch their longevity or reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I like the lines
    Sweet ride.
    Did ya end up at Imperial bar? I think I may have seen you, but it was only in hindsight that I realized it.

I never really liked the 911s, except for the 993 and 997 versions.

But I want a Cayman S. Soon, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Like 30-40 years ago?
    I was thinking more like 10-15 - and by a relative song I was thinking under $20k - but could be wrong. I am a geezer after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    Sweet ride.
    Did ya end up at Imperial bar? I think I may have seen you, but it was only in hindsight that I realized it.
    I think we did in fact go there, but earlier in the night. If my memory serves me, and it doesnt: Imperial -> Heathman -> 7-11 -> ON3P factory -> Clyde Commons-> Acrop -> ????? -> Profit

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I never really liked the 911s, except for the 993 and 997 versions.
    But I want a Cayman S. Soon, hopefully.
    I've owned Porsche's and I drove Cayman S when I was shopping around. It's 100% sports car with a very stiff ride on the 19 inch rims. I really don't like a too stiff ride on bumpy American roads.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I've owned Porsche's and I drove Cayman S when I was shopping around. It's 100% sports car with a very stiff ride on the 19 inch rims. I really don't like a too stiff ride on bumpy American roads.
    My wish list/shopping list is a 2009 or newer Cayman S, with PDK transmission, 18" wheels, PASM (adjustable suspension), and sport chrono pkg. White or silver, black interior.

I haven't driven any with 19" wheels, but the 18" wheel version (non-PASM) drove smoothly. I expected it to be rougher -- it really wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

It's faster than the speed of light.
    That looks remarkably similar to my first car (67' Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan in blue with a slant 6 and 3 speed auto).

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

It's faster than the speed of light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    That looks remarkably similar to my first car (67' Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan in blue with a slant 6 and 3 speed auto).
    That's clearly an Oldsmobuick.
    I still call it The Jake.

good to see crock get the GT40 posted...

few favs.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford-de-tomaso-03.jpg 
Views:	2481 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	131636

Name:	1973_datsun_240z-pic-7827081713729940921.jpg 
Views:	837 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	131637

Name:	$T2eC16d,!)kE9s4,BMVpBQV4fPVYS!~~60_12.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	131638

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    The vehi-cross roadster?

...I always kinda liked that silly thing. Never could figure out why.
    Nope, the Rally Fighter. http://rallyfighter.com/specs/

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Nope, the Rally Fighter. http://rallyfighter.com/specs/
    Strange specs. 6.2L V8, only 430 Horsepower, rear wheel drive ( why not AWD for a "rally" car?).

They talk "sustainability" on the website....yeah right, ripping up dessert ecosystems and a 6.2L engine, right.

Looks better with different wraps though.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel