Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    I got yer 100% eco-friendly car right here AKR.

I still call it The Jake.

I just dropped two crowns and an implant to get my Maserati to sound the way it does, and now its passe? !!
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The futurists are probably quite correct when they suggest that we won't actually be driving ourselves anymore in about 20 years or so.
    Interesting article about that at CityLab :http://www.citylab.com/tech/2015/01/...-worse/384821/

The oil things seems like it could really hurt tesla while a company like bmw can keep selling gas cars and developing their i-cars. Those i8s are awesome, been seeing a few recently.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I got yer 100% eco-friendly car right here AKR.

Yaah, but how'll she be close-hauled??

Now if that was an amphi-car, it actually might work!! In the water, anyway. Notice the flip-up rudder?

Of course, then there is this rendition of a land-sailer!! (But from a strictly applied physics POV, what is wrong with this picture??)

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Interesting article about that at CityLab :http://www.citylab.com/tech/2015/01/...-worse/384821/

The oil things seems like it could really hurt tesla while a company like bmw can keep selling gas cars and developing their i-cars. Those i8s are awesome, been seeing a few recently.
    A vid on Google's self-driving car project. I gotta admit, from a design logistics perspective, that WOULD be a pretty cool design team to be on!

I had no idea there have been so many advances made in AI visual cue integration in realtime, real world situations!!! See 2nd vid for more on this.

A Ride in the Google Self Driving Car:

Navigating City Streets:

A First Drive:

Of course that last vid is so full of shmooozz that it is practically useless from an informational standpoint.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I know I put this car in another thread, but this thing is just so gorgeous it really belongs here!! Enjoy!

1987 Porsche 911 Turbo

Posted by DJSapp:

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Of course, then there is this rendition of a land-sailer!! (But from a strictly applied physics POV, what is wrong with this picture??)

No treadmill.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

AK Rover, that Porsche is gorgeous. Not a fan of the older turbos, but what a great interior and paint job.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    No treadmill.
    Haha.

No...it's that I don't think there is enough surface area on that foil to get that thing to move, except maybe directly into hurricane force winds...but those same winds would be pushing back on that fusilage. And then there is the question of how do you tack with that thing? A landsailer would be a much better way to go.

Posted by DJSapp:

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    AK Rover, that Porsche is gorgeous. Not a fan of the older turbos, but what a great interior and paint job.
    Yeah...no taping mistakes on THAT repaint!! They certainly want enough, for it, though: $108,000 !!

The only thing I can see that would drop the points in a concours show would be the weird treatment on the rear taillamps area. It sure looks like red tape, if you look closely.

Posted by DJSapp:

Can you enter modified cars in concours shows? Because that exhaust does not look stock.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

A

Q

I can see myself taking that Porsche for a test drive and have a pen explode in my back pocket while sitting on those seats. I would be like: "Umm...whoops." But at least the blue ink might match the blue paint! I probably wouldn't be welcomed back, though.

Posted by DJSapp:

Oh, and the boot lid doesn't fit the front bumper very well.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

They certainly want enough, for it, though: $108,000 !!.
    Fuck that. You could likely buy a low miles 2009-11 Turbo 997 for that kind of money. I love the Turbo 997.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Can you enter modified cars in concours shows? Because that exhaust does not look stock.
    Guess it depends on the rules. A client of mine restored a 50's Hot Rod that entered the 2003 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. And won. Amazing piece of U S performance car history. The Duffy Livingstone Eliminator was a force in 1950's SCCA road races and hill climbs. It's for sale. $150k might get it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...s-on-the-grass
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Well RUF fuckin killed it...

Turbo Floria: Basically a Turbo'd Targa (which Porsche does not offer), in either rear or awd (which Porsche doesn't offer)

RGT 4.2: A 991 GT3 stroked to 4.2 liters and 525hp. Manual...(yep... not offered by Porsche)

CTR 3: Mid-engine, 777hp. Nuff said.

drumroll....... Honey.... Drumroll. Oh... dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddd.

RUF RTR: 3.8 liter turbo with 802 horses / AWD / Manual 6 speed / Top speed of 218

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I'd take a soldering iron into the urethra for that 3.8L. Amazing the output they are getting from that much displacement these days.

Some good looking rides coming out of Geneva car show.

The hybrid Koenigsegg Regera, 1500+ bhp between the 5.0 twin turbo V8 and the electric motors, will go from 0 to 248mph in less than 20 seconds. Full album: http://imgur.com/a/RRytU/all

Anyone post the new Morgan Aero 8 yet?

Hidden beneath the vintage styling is an improved aluminum chassis with better torsional rigidity and an improved suspension setup. Power comes exclusively from a 4.8-liter V8 from BMW making 367 horsepower, and the Bavarian brand also supplies a new limited-slip differential to get power down at the rear. Buyers can choose between a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic gearbox.

I know I put this car in another thread, but this thing is just so gorgeous it really belongs here!! Enjoy!

1987 Porsche 911 Turbo

Ubangi?

me? hell no, ubangi

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Well RUF fuckin killed it...
    RGT 4.2: A 991 GT3 stroked to 4.2 liters and 525hp. Manual...(yep... not offered by Porsche)
    Ngh...

Anybody got a tissue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.