Anyone own a Suunto Ambit?

Anyone got one? Thoughts? Likes? I can get a good deal on one, so I'm thinking of picking one up for backcountry skiing, mountain biking, etc.
    Last edited by sfotex; 01-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Love mine. Use it for trail running, biking, trail biking, cross country skiing, backcountry skiing and hiking. Latest software makes it possible to customize a lot as well as supporting Ant+ devices. Battery time is really good and by far better than Garmins. Alti/baro makes it versatile.

If you can get a good deal on it then it's a no brainer.

Been testing one for a few weeks now. Lots of functions would work well for what you're looking for. I find the GPS picks up a little slow if its not a really clear line of sight.
    For full retail I'd say run, but if you can find a great deal (order of about 50%retail) I'd say get it.

Use mine mainly for running and skiing (see my review on bc.com). Really impressed with it. Great for keeping pace, distance etc. Highly customizable. They now let you design your own "apps" for it on Movescount. Basically this means you can do simple math with any of the metrics it records, very cool. So let's say you have a HR monitor synched and you want your max heart rate to be 170bpm, but you want to do a workout where you work at different levels of effort as a %. Just program it such that: (HR)/170*100 = display) or whatever. Another example. Someone made a backcountry app which divides your ascent distance by your ascent time to give you an ascent rate. Pretty neat.
    I have had some problems recently getting the GPS to work all the time, maybe it's not so good in extreme cold?