Unhappy Thread not showing up when searching....

Why, when I enter the terms "Crested Butte" into the search funtion, does the 2012-13 Crested Butte thread not show up? goldenboy and I are both having this problem. We had this problem with the 2011-12 thread last year too, but now it seems to show up when I search "Crested Butte". Utterly confused....
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

that makes three of us. Checked basic search settings, nothing jumped out that would cause this. I'll ask the webgurus...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Worked for me. I found you really have to narrow down your parameters nowadays. Put "Crested Butte" in the advanced search, change "search entire posts" to "Search titles only" and change the "find posts" to "a week ago" and "newer." Not ideal, but since the search never seems to go in chronological order anymore unless you put in this extensive of search requirements.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Worked for me. I found you really have to narrow down your parameters nowadays. Put "Crested Butte" in the advanced search, change "search entire posts" to "Search titles only" and change the "find posts" to "a week ago" and "newer." Not ideal, but since the search never seems to go in chronological order anymore unless you put in this extensive of search requirements.
    Thanks- it's weird tho, i searched 'targhee' and the 12/13 conditions thread popped right up, and it was one big long word, not distinct words like the Crested Butte thread is...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Thanks boys. It seems like it should not be that hard to search for, as described by smbd. Is there a way to make it easier to search for? I mean, "Crested Butte" is both in the title AND the text. It should pop up as one of the first things in a "Crested Butte" search......
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Even getting more specific, like "Crested Butte Stoke" (right there in the title) yields no results for this year's thread...

Step 1: Open your favorite browser and go to www.google.com

Step 2: Type in what you're searching for, ie. Crested Butte.

Step 3: follow it with site:tetongravity.com/forums

Step 4: Enjoy!

I gave up on the TGR search button a couple years ago and have never looked back.. google for teh win!

http://bit.ly/SAVoAb

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Even getting more specific, like "Crested Butte Stoke" (right there in the title) yields no results for this year's thread...
    i'm no expert, but it seems like those three words should have search results with the subject thread in the top three. Shouldn't have to use google, use advanced search, this is basic funtionality. Interestingly, when i put those three words in the 'site search' box, above the forum search, the thread popped right up. The webgurus are digging in to this...