Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powness View Post
    Hey Spyderjon, do you have a quote for bindings + shipping to Norway? (Out of EU VAT)
    Thanks for your enquiry. The price to UPS ship to Norway actually the same as the US so the total tax free price is £175 + £30 shipping = £205.00(GBP) in total.

I've PM'd you all the details.
    Last edited by Spyderjon; 08-24-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Jon is a superstar! Got my binders in the US already. Faster than I get some things shipped from the US. Thanks Jon!

I got mine in on Wednesday. Amazing deal, and super fast shipping. UK to Bellingham, WA in two days. Thanks Jon!
    Last edited by aevergreene; 08-26-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Great deal, saved $500! Bindings came in less than 5 days. Much respect.

Those fitting the Beast Power Inserts to their boots will find that there's no instructions in the user manual. Whilst it ain't rocket science not everyone is confident in drilling holes in their boots.

The procedure is simple:
    Remove the existing fixing screw in the centre of the standard heel insert using a no. 2 pozidrive screwdriver & set aside the screw to re-use.
    Remove the tech insert - it might need a little bit of prising out.
    Install the Power Insert & push/tap it fully home. Don't install the centre screw at this stage.
    Use an awl/nail to indent a mark in the side of the boot heel in the centre of the lateral support holes.
    Remove the Power Insert.
    Drill in to the indents on each side of the heel - use a 2.5mm dia drill to a depth of 11mm.
    Install the Power Insert & use the original fixing screw in the centre hole of the Power Inserts & tighten firmly but not over tight.
    Install the lateral support screws with the same no. 2 pozi bit & tighten firmly but not over tight.

If you're going to use the boot with other bindings then the Power Insert will add a mm to the sole length so the bindings length/forward pressure will need lengthening accordingly.

If you're going to use the same boot in a Kingpin then to ensure a smooth lateral release at the heel I'd recommend grinding off the 'bumps' above the lateral support screws that protrude above the top edge of the boot lug - as shown on the left boot below.
    Last edited by Spyderjon; 08-27-2016 at 10:24 AM.

@spyderjon - do the beast bindings come packaged with the heal adapter or is it sold seperately?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    @spyderjon - do the beast bindings come packaged with the heal adapter or is it sold seperately?
    Cheers.
    Yep, you get a pair of heel adaptors (Dynafit call 'em Power Inserts) c/w the four lateral screws with each pair of Beast bindings.

I also have them available for sale separately for those that want to set-up a second set of boots. They're £15 a pair in the UK/EU or the tax free export price to outside of the UK/EU is £12.50. Adding an additional pair of PI's to an order for a pair Beasts wouldn't increase the shipping.

I've only got 10 pairs of them & Dynafit are out of stock & when I spoke to them recently they didn't know when they'd have more available.

Thanks Jon. Super communication and quick turnaround even over a weekend and local holiday. Now just need snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Thanks Jon. Super communication and quick turnaround even over a weekend and local holiday. Now just need snow!
    Same experience here. Two pair of B14s. They are fucking beautiful. SJ for Maggot of the Year! Is there an MOTY contest? Methinks we should start one!

I would vote for SJ, most def.

Can you bend beast brakes easily? I need to bend them only 2mm on each side.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 09-02-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aevergreene View Post
    .....Can you bend beast brakes easily? I need to bend them only 2mm on each side.
    Easily. Just support the inside of the elbow in a vice & then use a pipe to bend the lever.

You are the best. Mag of the year!

if I didn;t already have two pairs of beasts I'd gladly take you up on this offer. Nice one.

Quick bump to say that I've still got a few Beast 16's & 14's left at this offer price.

Thought i'd add my 2 euro cents as well. Got a set of beasts with the sport conrad deal, because i picked up a new pair of Sally MTN Lab skis and the beasts were just the cheapest touring bindings around. Not brainer really.
    Just got round to fixing the inserts on my Garmont Radiums which i've had for a while and the hole pattern is very tight! The holes extend a vey small amount over the boot "lip". I did't have a problem, but had to be very careful with the drill. So for anyone using an older pari of Radiums thinking about using them with a set of beasts, heres a couple of pix:
    Name:  radium1.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  radium2.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  127.8 KB

Name:  radium3.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  127.3 KB

Name:  radium4.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  134.2 KB

Name:  radium5.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  109.8 KB

Don't see it being a problem as i use them exclusevly for touring with tech binders. If i notice any problems once i get them on snow for a couple of days, i'll post something up.

Since it came up in another thread: Does anyone know if boots with beast insert can be used in 1) Tyrolia Adrenalin adn 2) Salomon Guardian?

As reported before, I've been using beast-modded boots in marker (royal family and marker motion ) with no problems. Now that i may switch around some bindings I'm curious if Adrenalin and or Guardians will work. Anybody have any info?

Some shots Dalton took yesterday at Jay.

Was not a day to get face shots but the skiing was a lot of fun on fat rockered skis.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Since it came up in another thread: Does anyone know if boots with beast insert can be used in 1) Tyrolia Adrenalin adn 2) Salomon Guardian?

As reported before, I've been using beast-modded boots in marker (royal family and marker motion ) with no problems. Now that i may switch around some bindings I'm curious if Adrenalin and or Guardians will work. Anybody have any info?
    I have fwiw. Don't recall if I ever had a release in them. Definitely didn't have a non-release event where I should have come out. My guardians are set at 14 heel 12 toe and used Vulcans with the heel shoe. YMMV. I probably skied this setup 8 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I have fwiw. Don't recall if I ever had a release in them. Definitely didn't have a non-release event where I should have come out. My guardians are set at 14 heel 12 toe and used Vulcans with the heel shoe. YMMV. I probably skied this setup 8 days or so.
    thanks!

Love my Beast 16s overall, but when will we finally get a beast that has a flat touring mode?

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Love my Beast 16s overall, but when will we finally get a beast that has a flat touring mode?

No wonder I could not sell my B16s.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    No wonder I could not sell my B16s.
    What were you trying to get for them. Those haven't sold very well. They're too much binding for most people and the secondhand plus discount market is flooded with them from what I can see

Just a quick bump to advise that I've managed to get another consignment of 'special price' Beasts out of Dynafit so can continue to offer Beasts at GBP175.00 + shipping to destinations outside of the UK/EU.

Got plenty of 14's in 105mm & 120mm plus a couple of 135's.

Only got one pair of 16's in 120mm but can swap the bases/brakes from a 14 if you need it in a 105 or 135 width.

Check your PMs.