Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Well sign me up for one then bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    definitely a new mount pattern in the toe. looks like the new heel piece attaches to stock boots via the screwed in metal piece of the heel? Should mean old boots can be retrofitted without redesign, right?

I think this also begs the question: what's going to break first on this binding?
    Correct. Any boots where u can.unscrew old fitting can be retrofitted. Boots with cast fittings are SOL. So another reason to burn your old Factors

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Anyone else worried about the heel spring icing up??
    that and snow packing in the lifters.

I guess a limited release also allows containment of problems (if there are such a thing) unlike the unlimited release of previous Dynafit bindings with "issues". Still $1k to be a guinea pig? Hope that price comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Well sign me up for one then bitches!
    Thats the spirit

How about a picture of the toe piece open?

Does the toe lockout for touring like what we are used to?
    watch out for snakes

Dynafit ought to ASAP get a pair of those to a 250 lb. 50+ touring days per season oldtimer tourist

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    How about a picture of the toe piece open?

Does the toe lockout for touring like what we are used to?
    Yah. Entry is the same way. Pincers hinge open and clamp from side. Pivot mech is obviously different from pincer mech which is just those short metal levers

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    There are enough gear masturbators who will pay for latest greatest unobtanium. How to put a value on lift line cred and biggest dildo in apres placing?
    BIggest dildo?! I could swing my wank around all over the east coast!
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Dynafit ought to ASAP get a pair of those to a 250 lb. 50+ touring days per season oldtimer tourist
    Dude u will ski them w TLT5s then the colours will clash

Not if Dynafit also supplies him with a pair of TLT6s for testing.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    that and snow packing in the lifters.

I guess a limited release also allows containment of problems (if there are such a thing) unlike the unlimited release of previous Dynafit bindings with "issues". Still $1k to be a guinea pig? Hope that price comes down.
    You know and I know never to buy first gen anything. That price has to drop. I'd imagine features will migrate to lower DIN tech1.0 offerings too

I guess I don't get the issue with the $1,000 price tag. That's a shocking amount for a binding and maybe the shock value is the issue itself.

Current Radicals cost $550, others 400ish. The new binding appears to eliminate the need for a second alpine set up (The Beast will at least be more resort friendly than the radicals, which do fine).

So...you have one set up and drop $1,000 on one pair of bindings instead of what 800 or 900 on two pairs?

Is that 935 gram weight claim valid lee?

cool to see the next progression in touring bindings and what that will allow people to do. I'll expect nothing less than balls out zesty charging by the pilots of this binding. Huuuuuuuuuuuuck itttttttt

Lee, I've also got a pair of One PX

The Beast will at least be more resort friendly than [all other tech bindings]
    . . . assuming the claim of significantly increased elasticity is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    The Beast 16 is available this coming winter in a limited run of 2,500 bindings, all individually numbered and delivered worldwide.

In other words: “Limitless Skiing”.
    Something about a "limited run" of "limitless skiing" sounds strange.

Well that's just uglier than anything. Looks like it might propel you into the future.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Anyone with info on how to get on the list pm me. This needs a paper template, insert screw kit, a swap plate, and most importantly to be skied by me. Asap.

I was really hoping any new heavy duty Dynafit binding would use a standard alpine heel. That way alpine makers could mould in a Dynafit toe insert in any boot and we would have a large choice of boots. The claw over the pins on the binding and the steel re-inforcing of the boot seem like a half assed solution to Dynafit's inelasticity to me

Hard to tell but does this not have a flat tour mode? Just the first (dark grey) riser?

Will we be locked into a choice of Dynafit boots only due to new Patents? Any word on whether or not Dynafit will be letting other boot makers use their new system?

First question I have, is the DIN of the toe adjustable or is it like the tlt models with some preset equivalent in ski mode?

And I have to agree with some others, it looks ugly as hell, at least the heel piece looks like shit.

Good for the big guys, I guess, but for $1000, I'll pass. At 165lbs, I picked up a pair of speed radicals for 360$ this year to see how far I can push em. Toes unlocked, I've been sending 20'-30' cliffs at speed, and a few 10-15' to hardpack. Quite a bit of mogul days too, including gs-style-skip-a-few. Pretty impressed so far. I think most would be surprised what the 'originals' are capable of, if they actually ever gave them a shot.

Is the 923g weight per pair, or per binding? Pretty impressive weight if per pair.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I guess I don't get the issue with the $1,000 price tag. That's a shocking amount for a binding and maybe the shock value is the issue itself.

Current Radicals cost $550, others 400ish. The new binding appears to eliminate the need for a second alpine set up (The Beast will at least be more resort friendly than the radicals, which do fine).

So...you have one set up and drop $1,000 on one pair of bindings instead of what 800 or 900 on two pairs?
    If you have just one setup (or one class of binding) and are interested in the increased elasticity it's a $400 upgrade. don't care if the heels ugly, I never look at my heel skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Hard to tell but does this not have a flat tour mode?
    Always a good question. Looks like it does not, although eyeballing the pics suggests that the lowest climbing bar might put the flattest touring ramp delta around 20mm?????, i.e., not that much different than flat Vert or Radical ST/FT. Not the sort of binding that would be used much for tours with long flat stretches, where the Speed Classic will continue be the tits. Also, the huge fore-aft touring ROM of TLT5, One series and Maestrales makes a flat touring mode a bit less necessary.