Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    It is super easy, it was my first mount ever and went smooth with Jigarex. Just don't forget to mount the little tiny plastic piece (the touring rotation lock thingie) under the front of the toe piece first or else you will be sad
    I was briefly sad. But pulled the toe off and reinstalled without issue or spinners
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Now that there is a year plus on these, has anyone had anything actually break/malfunction on them or do they seem to be holding up well?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

found this helpful since I am a B16 jong

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by spin2win View Post
    Same thing happened to me. You need to apply some lube underneath the toe piece. I just used marine lube, and a q-tip and they are now opening much better.
    Think PAM will work in a pinch?

Bike chain lube.

I can't say that I've resorted to using pam....but if my insides can handle it, I don't see how it would deteriorate the meal.

Make sure that power insert actually engages before descending. I had to ski a great line on one ski after skinning for 2 fucking hours to get up there. I also brushed my helmeted head on some rocks. Luckily not injured. But that was a shitty way to ski that line.

That awkward "getting to know you" time?

Had my first outing the other day on my B16 BGs(boot deep pow) and had the usual figuring it out stuff but no skiing on mah head.
    watch out for snakes

Does putting this beast heel bar on my touring boots then preclude me from stepping into other pin bindings?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Short answer is no, but you will have to open up the gap a bit.

That's how I understand it.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Hmm. reading Wild Snow (https://www.wildsnow.com/10631/boot-...ting-beast-16/), it sounds like you can mod it, but then it will no longer work with the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Does putting this beast heel bar on my touring boots then preclude me from stepping into other pin bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    Hmm. reading Wild Snow (https://www.wildsnow.com/10631/boot-...ting-beast-16/), it sounds like you can mod it, but then it will no longer work with the Beast.
    You can put the Beast bar on your touring boots Ryan. You can still use those modded boots with regular Dynafits, Vipecs, Ion, Kingpin (just the one's I've tried). For regular Dynafits just back them out 1mm and it'll work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Wait a second... You have beasts? Finally you're on a pin binding. Stoked for you. They give you skis to test them with as well?

Careful prying up that brake lock/1st position riser. Kitten popped both hers off through brut pole force. And I did once, but only on one side. That's pretty much the worst/biggest gripe I have.

As others have said, the heel can be used in other pin bindings when you adjust the spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Wait a second... You have beasts? Finally you're on a pin binding. Stoked for you. They give you skis to test them with as well?

Careful prying up that brake lock/1st position riser. Kitten popped both hers off through brut pole force. And I did once, but only on one side. That's pretty much the worst/biggest gripe I have.

As others have said, the heel can be used in other pin bindings when you adjust the spacing.
    With the heel lifters in ski mode they will work their way in so its easier to disengage from tour to ski. Took about 20 days for mine.

Stick your pole into the front of the lifter when its on the ski (in tour mode). There's a little ledge for you to insert pole tip. Pry the lifter up. That's it.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but does anybody know how the Beast hole pattern would conflict with a Sollyfit plate for essentially the same BSL? I'm okay with moving a few mm's but I would like to keep the bindings close to the line and dynafits have limited adjustability
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

There is a conflict with Sollyfits pattern, I had my BGs mounted with the plates and was able to use my Jiggyrex to confirm b4 I drilled. The worst two are holes for the forward heel holes and right next to each other with zero gap, the front holes are close but not touching.

Ended up using wood plug/golf tees to fill all holes and then mounted the B16s.
    watch out for snakes

There is a conflict with Sollyfits pattern, I had my BGs mounted with the plates and was able to use my Jiggyrex to confirm b4 I drilled. The worst two are holes for the forward heel holes and right next to each other with zero gap, the front holes are close but not touching.

Ended up using wood plug/golf tees to fill all holes and then mounted the B16s.
    Well shit. Do you know if the issues are similar with markerfit or dynalook plates? I don't think I have room to move the heel plate 1cm in either direction
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Sollyfit is all I gots.
    watch out for snakes

Sollyfit is all I gots.
    Do you think there would still be an issue if mounted at +1?

As I recall +1 will get you tight on the front two holes with the rear plate holes.

Are you mounting BGs?
    watch out for snakes

As I recall +1 will get you tight on the front two holes with the rear plate holes.

Are you mounting BGs?
    it would be on a Blister (OG Bibby) so I know it's not too finicky of a ski in terms of mount position, but I don't want to move everything too far away from the line. I would probably be ok with +1, +2, or -1. I'll just print out some paper jigs and play around with possible options

PSA: Beasts currently on sale over at Sport-Conrad in euroland for €350 with either 120mm or 105mm brakes. Go get some!

http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/pro...hop/prod/17292

Quote Originally Posted by rewbn View Post
    PSA: Beasts currently on sale over at Sport-Conrad in euroland for €350 with either 120mm or 105mm brakes. Go get some!

http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/pro...hop/prod/17292
    Anyone in the USA ordered from them? Any issues? Did you get an extra bill from customs a few weeks/months later as well?

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Anyone in the USA ordered from them? Any issues? Did you get an extra bill from customs a few weeks/months later as well?
    I've ordered skis from them twice. Great service and they speak/read English as well as I do, it seems.

I didn't get any customs bill with either pair, but it depends on how they're described on the package and how diligent US customs is. If they write "XC Bindings" on the box there should be no charge.

Hey guys, I'm going to install some inserts to swap between a pair of skis. I tried searching, but I couldn't find the lengths for the m5 screws that are needed? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!