Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maybe try to smuggle myself into canada___MENTOR MY DREAMS

As you liekly all know I, DigitalDeath, am headed to seattle next month. I know whistler is the best, likely world wide- so why not cruise up there and bully my way into to their shit country to shred

sure i have 2 dui's but am near genius and canadian PM got a DUI while vacationing in Hawaii

i know i can do this feat but wonder how far i must travel from Baker or seattle

thoguhts
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Dunno which crossing is the most 'friendly' in the lower mainland these days - someone else probably can answer this one. Recommend you not be the driver, travel with someone with a clean record that is the registered owner of the vehicle, with the vehicle and occupants looking reasonably clean and sober (buy the smoke and booze north of the border - and don't be hung over and bleary eyed when you lear across the driver at the guard in the booth). On a good day, at the right crossing, give it around 7 outa 10 chance of crossing unmolested.

FYI it was the BC premier that got busted in Hawaii (Gordo Campbell), not the PM.

You'll be fine unless they send you for add'l questioning. And if they do that, they'll most likely grant you a temporary resident card for $200. At that point, you'll be in the system for good though and you'll have to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation for $400 and likely over a year of wait time. While your application is being processed, you can pay to get another temp resident permit, if they let you.

Qualifier - I'm currently going through it and have been to Canada twice since I was pulled for addl questioning.

Last time I crossed the border, my buddy just had to be open about the fact that he had a couple arrests for DUI's on his record and they let him right on in. Been a couple years though.
    Live Free or Die

ya i may do it - nothing to lose except a couple hours in a car
    Zone Controller

I'd say be honest to the border peeps & just tell them straight up that you are wishing to bully your way into their shit country to shed. You'll get the best reception & they'll probably let you cross no problems.

Just leave your car at the Mt. Baker lot and walk north. You'll hit the Trans Canada highway in no time.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I'd say be honest to the border peeps & just tell them straight up that you are wishing to bully your way into their shit country to shed. You'll get the best reception & they'll probably let you cross no problems.
    This...
    Don't say shit unless they ask, cross at Huntington (Sumas) near the end of a pow day at Baker, they push everybody through quick because everyone is half cut anyway.

I'm pretty certain that the whole not allowed into Canadia with a DUI doesn't actually apply to Canadians Like Mr Campbell?

But phone Dan Samas to be certain. He probably has an associate or paralegal who deals with his DUI/Immigration practice who can gve you a quick off the cuff opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

2 dui's? You not learn the first time?

I bet they turn you back at the border.

what is to learn? that my country has a incredible racket going, anyone can get a DUI ...unless you drink absolute zero
    Zone Controller

Put on some warm clothing and get comfy inside a Thule roof box, and DON'T hot box it, the border guard will smell ya.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Rent a 4WD. Head towards one of the crossings east of the Peace Arch and just four wheel it across the fields until you hit a road in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    what is to learn? that my country has a incredible racket going, anyone can get a DUI ...unless you drink absolute zero
    Safe roads from impaired drivers is a racket?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Safe roads from impaired drivers is a racket?
    I agree...unless this was his arresting officer:

http://gma.yahoo.com/former-cop-accu...opstories.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Im not going to devolve into a conversation about alcohol, its ubiquitnous, and the racket the county courts in my city run day after day to increase revenue

1 dui was 2 beers(twohearted) plus a meal- i was doing 32 in a 25 and blew a .08 - its a fucking racket!
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Rent a 4WD. Head towards one of the crossings east of the Peace Arch and just four wheel it across the fields until you hit a road in Canada

MAD LOL LOL LOL
    Zone Controller

I could be nice & say you were dumb for breaking more than 1 law at a time... but maybe the real problem is you can't handle your booze?

Canada probably isn't the place for you

1 dui was 2 beers(twohearted) plus a meal- i was doing 32 in a 25 and blew a .08 - its a fucking racket!
    two beers and a .08? ...ya right, sounds like someone was butt-chuggin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

this one is headed to polyasssshit if it stays on course

im an anarchist - fuck the law

just living life
    Zone Controller

two hearted are 7 percent -

if you drink two ales in an hour you an be arrested for DUI-- i am 6.4 205 --- believe it

FYI
    Zone Controller

two hearted are 7 percent -

if you drink two ales in an hour you an be arrested for DUI-- i am 6.4 205 --- believe it

FYI
    So that story is one DUI what about the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

oh ya, so my second DUI was in 2010 2 years after the first one

i was celebrating a new job and had 3-4 sierra nevadas(best beer in america) over a 3 hr period. i left the bar, which was very close to other bar where i got 1st DUI, made an illegal u turn and bam i got lit up

told the dumb cop he is luck y he got me as i dont see him in this area too much (uptown MPLS for those in the know) he responded " that hurts our feelings digitaldeath" and i told him to take me in cause im not dancing for you

then he took me in and because the county is scamming the DA banned breath tests and i chose urine over blood

i pissed a .11 whcih again is not really an impaired state- so it goes
    Zone Controller

If you think 0.08 and .11 are bad, then you'll really love the 0.05 limit here in BC:
    http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safe...paired-driving

Might be best if you just stay south of the border.