Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Would the obligatory TGR "I'd Hit It!" comment be...crass?
    Goddamn, put a flatbill and white shades on a donkey and you jh'rs would take it from pen to bedroom in a heartbeat!

What up with that?
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    the cliff notes I have gathered from my casual review of this thread:

Good Intentioned People went to south america, made questionable decisions, got beat up and robbed.
    Good Intentioned People posted their story on the internet for everyone to read.
    Anonymous People on the internet point out the various questionable decisions, often times in a non-gentle manner.
    Good Intentioned People are surprised that anonymous internet people would be so callous.
    Good Intentioned People accept considerable monetary donations that others arranged for them, and then continue to blog about this fact.
    Anonymous Internet people take issue with this questionable decision as well.
    2 out of 3 of the Good Intentioned People remain in south america, apparently debating whether to use the donated money to continue their trip.
    Good Intentioned People apparently remain somewhat oblivious to how some interpret their various actions.
    Anonymous Internet people continue to be insensitive assholes.
    Thanks,
    Buster used to do this but he has become jaded and lazy

I can move on now.

The conversation about Snowglobe and the 19 year old gril dieing @ Midnight of exposure 1/2 mile from the concert is more interesting
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by rainier huck View Post
    Dude, that's nothing. I lived in Jackson since '92, probably well before your time. One year, I took like a whole year off of work and hitched down to Patagonia (I was meeting my bro's Alex Lowe and Doug Combs down there for some skiing and climbing). Anyway, I didn't take any nice shit. Back then we were all skiing on straight 210's with Ramer bindings anyway. Not even the mexicans would want those. I had a pack with a rope and a sleeping bag, and a few cams sewn to the inside of my clothes so no one could take them. But they just thought the rope was for cattle rustling with the gauchos, and I definitely didn't have a computer. We didn't have blogs. We just saved our stories for the chicks in the coach on thursday nites.
    But there I was, TOTALLY dirtbagging it through Peru, Colombia, El Salvadore and Cuba. At night I'd just hang out under the stars with the mexican friends I made on my way down. They were totally cool with me, because I was totally cool. I wasn't all like up in your face bro I'm a rich american. They new I was just living paycheck to paycheck in my parents' guesthouse outside of Wilson.
    Shit, I got robbed more times than you, but it was totally cool, caused I'd just let them take what they wanted. No one ever beat me up or nothin. I even got raped a couple of times, but i was so core that it didn't bother me. I just kept on cruising.
    The whole trick was to be totally cool, like "yeah, amigo, I totally get the oppression of the US government and shit, but I'm just a bro like you, and I'm just toatally checking out your country and shit." You know, I never needed money from strangers or an extra passport. If someone took my docies, I'd just buy them back with the cams I had sown into my pant legs. So it was totally cool. Not like these kids who got beat up down there. Shit dude, you'ven got the right approach, not like those beaters. You're probably like I was back before I'd been in jackson for 20 years and totally knew the deal. BUt it's cool bro. Let me know if yoiu ever want someone to show you around cody bowl or granite canyon or something. I've totally been skiing that scene since before they dropped the ropes adn let it get oeverrun by beaters.

I lost it so hard about 6 times reading this. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Thus making you look like a douche know-it all yourself. Good work.
    DoWork scores higher Empty Arrogance points than Rontele ever did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super-computer-nerd.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	129840
    I fuckin' showed those Gapers on TGR, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Goddamn, put a flatbill and white shades on a donkey and you jh'rs would take it from pen to bedroom in a heartbeat!

What up with that?
    You stop that now, you big meanie! Everyone knows that Trustafari Hipsterii are a protected class with special 14th Amendment shielding from Internet Abuse.

Oh, by the way -- MAJOR KUDOS to T. Hipsterii and their comfy-class trolling for money. Reminds me of the mortgage meltdown resulting in a bailout of mortgage banks, rather than aid to those with mtges in foreclosure.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Infectiouslyeasty View Post
    Oh and I dare some east coasters to come set up camp in my lawn without my permission, then when I come out with my gun, speak something other than english to me. When I ask you to show me who you are and you push me away and then bear spray me. Well, don't be surprised if I shoot your ass and call Teton County Sheriff afterwards!
    Pretty much my take on it as well.

There are a LOT of places just in the state of WA that if they had pulled this shit, they would have ended up buried, not beaten.

Naivety pays off, I guess.

Wow you guys are pretty rowdy "out west" huh?
    #HughConwayMatters

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post

Better check your spare Bro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super-computer-nerd.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	129840
    I fuckin' showed those Gapers on TGR, bro!

You stop that now, you big meanie! Everyone knows that Trustafari Hipsterii are a protected class with special 14th Amendment shielding from Internet Abuse.

Oh, by the way -- MAJOR KUDOS to T. Hipsterii and their comfy-class trolling for money. Reminds me of the mortgage meltdown resulting in a bailout of mortgage banks, rather than aid to those with mtges in foreclosure.
    You know it Bro! If they weren' gettin' handouts they wouldn't be nearly as bro-ish. The T. hip, like it's ancestor the T. rex....ok, this could be a hippy chic tears moment. This needs a little work.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    Wow you guys are pretty rowdy "out west" huh?
    Backwoods in some places around here, are truly backwoods. Meth labs, illegal stills, grow ops, psycho killers, etc....
    You don't just pull down a dirt road, if you don't know where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post

What up with that?
    I think the 'Hit It' part went whoosh, over Zee Head, mit contrails....

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Better check your spare Bro.
    Bro, I don't need a Spare Bro, I can just log into TGR and read Bro-Power Rambling about Bro-ness to the Bro-th Power.

Brother, can you spare a Bro?

EDIT:

Hey, wait a minute. Was that a threat from Rontele's Mossad/Shin Bet pals?

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Backwoods in some places around here, are truly backwoods. Meth labs, illegal stills, grow ops, psycho killers, etc....
    You don't just pull down a dirt road, if you don't know where you're going.
    Sounds scarey dude. Be careful out there in the "wild west" alright?
    #HughConwayMatters

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    Sounds scarey dude. Be careful out there in the "wild west" alright?
    Or take notes from Rainer hick. Dude's got that shit dialed. Look at those names he gets to drop! Hard to the core!

...There are a LOT of places just in the state of WA that if they had pulled this shit, they would have ended up buried, not beaten...
    the plateau, factoria 12 cinemas, Microsoft's campus, the cheesecake factory across from Bell Square, those outlet stores in North Bend, overlake hospital etc. etc.

and that's just the "hotspots" on the eastside, come even further west and you're DONE.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ter-crash?lite

Fucking assholes shoulda known better. When I used to Helio-op in SA this never woulda went down.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ter-crash?lite

Fucking assholes shoulda known better. When I used to Helio-op in SA this never woulda went down.
    RIP. Met a couple guys working for that op - I believe - in the LIM airport bar. Good peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    RIP. Met a couple guys working for that op - I believe - in the LIM airport bar. Good peeps.
    Precisely my point. If the three would've been killed would this thread read differently.

If you got the balls to bring it as far west as Mercer Island and drop camp then hats off to you.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Bro, I don't need a Spare Bro, I can just log into TGR and read Bro-Power Rambling about Bro-ness to the Bro-th Power.

Brother, can you spare a Bro?

EDIT:

Hey, wait a minute. Was that a threat from Rontele's Mossad/Shin Bet pals?
    Either I've been following TGR too often (because I am core) or you are healthy enough to have followed the site too little. Your choice

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Thread drift:
    WTF is it lately with the hot links that are happening automatically in this place?
    The words "backwoods" above in DBS post both hot link to this place.
    I doubt highly that he did that on purpose.
    Anyone else see this?
    Fuck that. Their HQ address is in Texas...totally not a cool enough zip code to buy Arcteryx from.

holy toledo is this thread friggin pooned up.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Precisely my point. If the three would've been killed would this thread read differently.
    err... duh. Any landing you can walk away from = a good landing.

Good yer back Yeti.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    the plateau, factoria 12 cinemas, Microsoft's campus, the cheesecake factory across from Bell Square, those outlet stores in North Bend, overlake hospital etc. etc.

and that's just the "hotspots" on the eastside, come even further west and you're DONE.
    Do us all a favor and head out to the hills past darrington. Find an overgrown road and set up camp at the end of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums

Do us all a favor and head out to the hills past darrington. Find an overgrown road and set up camp at the end of it.
    no way man, I'd rather take an Audi S4 avant to Cuzco.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

This is poetry, and it is beautiful. That is all.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community