Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I wouldn't furnish a whole house with wayfair, but if you need a single this or that and pay attention to reviews, you can get something to make you happy without breaking the bank.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've had good luck with Wayfair but yes shop carefully. One time I got a bunch of stools that sucked, and I missed the return window But because the stools were so cheap they sold locally what I paid for them within a day so I was happy - better than packing them up and returning them IMO. Got some good rugs from there and other assorted things.

They have some sale I don't know anything about this week that might be good? "Way Day'

article.com has nice "modern" furniture at really good prices. We have two couches, a chair, an ottoman, and a coffee table and I'd buy all of them again.

5--10 years is not long-lasting. Good furniture should last hundreds, the downside of that being that you probably won't like it in 10 years, when the midcentury modern look is out and neo Egyptian is in.

Contemporary Furniture. Online?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    5--10 years is not long-lasting. Good furniture should last hundreds, the downside of that being that you probably won't like it in 10 years, when the midcentury modern look is out and neo Egyptian is in.
    My few takes on that:
    1) we’ve got an 18yo bedroom set from Ashley Furniture that’s going strong. Combo of solid wood, veneer, and tile. Veneer has needed some glue and stain touchups, but that’s due in large part to 5 moves with various shitty movers. Dining table & chairs from same time with wood, veneer, and some very convincing mystery non-wood has held up great.
    2. Hardwood sofa with wool upholstery from high end furniture store; also 18yo, gift from parents who had nowhere to sit when visiting. The cushions are flaccid now and wreck my back. I’m looking at about $1,000 to replace the cushions. The fabric is mostly good but for some moving damage. But my wife says it smells bad, so now I need to find someone to clean it and take a day off work to be at the house for that.
    3) parents have “really nice” yellow and green sofas from 1970 in their attic that they want one of us to take and get re-upholstered for $$$??? but they were always uncomfortable when we were kids, no one wants them even if the refurbish was free
    4) I recently got a solid wood queen bed from from Wayfair for $450 for the guest bedroom. Pair of matching nightstands for $350. Not hardwood mind you, but wildly more solid than I imagined. You could fuck on that thing for days.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1698122225.853751.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	473908

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I should add that furniture does not last for hundreds of years with original upholstery. Obviously.
    It's close to impossible to actually figure out from a catalog description how and how well something is made and with what. (I was looking at an ad for an outdoor table my kid wants--it's a teak table, teak being the color of the stain, not the wood it's made from. )
    Leather is the worst--they don't always tell you that a piece is bonded leather--mashed up scraps of leather stuck to a cloth or fiber backing. . I've been suckered more than once.