Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Hey Oregon mags! I have been chilling central/southern OR these last few days after a Shasta/Lassen trip. Skied Thielsen today, South sister yesterday. Both were good! Loving the conditions here right now. Tried for the other Sisters but the Pole Creek Rd is closed.... Anyway, my ski partner has to go home but I am looking to stay an extra few days & I would really love a ski partner! If anyone wants to ski or if you know of anyone, please shoot me a PM.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using TGR Forums
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Verde, here is a shot of your group just starting your ascent.

Nice day up there.

Quote Originally Posted by buell View Post
    Nice day up there.
    It was indeed. Enjoyed watching you ride some sick lines off the top, buell.

MBSC: I would be honored to ski with you (I have greatly enjoyed reading your TRs), but I'm heading out for the East Coast tomorrow. Have fun.

Damn, how did I miss this thread? I was in Bend all last week visiting the folks and mountain biking... anyway I made it out to North Sister on Wed last week. Access is an issue because of the Pole Creek closure. Of course I read the map wrong and thought the road was supposed to be open... then found out it was closed 5 miles out when I drove out there. But you can still get there via various spur roads. Then you have to hike in the wrong direction for a while through the burn closure area, and then traverse all the way back to N Sister once you're out of that area. Yay. Which is why I rode the "Late Afternoon Rib" instead of Early Morning Couloir. Worked out since it was cold that day. Will try to post up some pics soon.

Thanks Verde. I'll give you a shout when I'm up here next time. I love it here and will be sure to be back
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Next week I will be in Bend for a couple of days for work. I'm curious if there is still snow up on Bachy or B.Top (is the 360 road open?)? I won't be able to devote much time, but a quick hike for a few dozen turns would be great! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, there is still plenty of snow on Bachelor. Starting from Skyliner may be your best bet for snow to skin up, rather than carrying your skis and hiking on dirt. The 370 road usually opens later in the summer, I haven't heard of anyone going up there yet this season. It's tempting to ride my dual sport up there to find out!
    Last edited by linds-o-rama; 07-09-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. Job interview Thursday morning and then a quick ski in the afternoon mush before I head back over the mountains. It's a great ride up the 360 before the gate is unlocked. As you probably are aware, often it's tree fall that is preventing opening; and it's pretty easy to navigate around.

so what you are suggesting is a ride up with my dual sport and a chain saw?