Salomon quest max 120 tech soles

Question: will previous years salomon quest boot tech soles fit this years quest max boots?
    Also, is there any difference between the quest max 120 and 130 shell besides colour? I heard its the liner that is the difference.

Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of previous years tech soles...

To answer the gentleman's question:

1. You will not (or should not) be able to find last year's or previous tech/Dynafit soles for Salomon boots

2. Reliable rumor is that Salomon will be making available their newer and hopefully sturdier version within the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of previous years tech soles...
    Translation: They were flawed, caused injuries, and should be avoided unless a limp is something you've been longing for.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Thanks slobmonster.
    I'm well aware of the story behind the old quest boots and their at soles. However I do not know if the old boot itself was flawed or the at soles themselves or was it the boot/sole interface?
    The old at soles can be found here btw http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Cleara...uring-pads.jsp

Can anyone provide more insight on the release of the new at soles? A few months from now could mean the end of the winter. I've got a pair of hojis waiting for some dynafits but want to use my quest max boots and not my old boots (different bsl)

Your link shows some "touring pads" that are not tech/Dynafit compatible. They should fit in any non-tech AT binding (and, as discussed extensively, some other alpine bindings with a fat caveat).

To beat ye olde dead horse, here is a link to Lou Dawson's "bench test" of the much reviled olde Salomon tech soles: http://www.wildsnow.com/2888/salomon...tings-failure/

No idea when the newer, legitimate iteration will arrive. A rep told me "this winter" but lord knows if this is true or accurate.

The current Quest Max boots do not have swappable soles - just replaceable. So you're basically going frankenboot, which if you're really into and you've got some Hoji skis, why not go for his new boots while you're at it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The current Quest Max boots do not have swappable soles - just replaceable. So you're basically going frankenboot
    Not sure where you are getting your info, but you're way off. All of the current quest boots, and next years ghosts have swappable soles. DIN or touring/tech. The new tech soles should show up in shops pretty quick. I know a team guy that's been on the new tech soles for a year, and he crushes.

I just saw this review of the upcoming quest 120 BC.

http://www.wildsnow.com/9594/salomon...bc-120-review/

They have tech fittings but it appears the soles have a different screw pattern than the previous quest sole pads. This is very disappointing for those of us with the old boots waiting patiently for the new tech compatible sole pads.

*****EDIT
    I made a mistake. My quest toe pads only have two screws, but the boot has holes for 4 so newer pads will fit.
    Last edited by Scheck1; 03-10-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Does anyone know if these are available and in the shops yet? I was hoping to get some for the current Australian season, but have been told the Aus distributor has said no tech soles until next season (ie July 2014). Cheers

No idea about Australia, but they had WTR tech soles at the Salomon store in Whistler in April.

Thanks for the info, it is what I need. I should have made it clear that it was North American shops that I was interested in, as it seems I have no chance of sourcing them from Australia, and so will need to import them.

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your info, but you're way off. All of the current quest boots, and next years ghosts have swappable soles. DIN or touring/tech. The new tech soles should show up in shops pretty quick. I know a team guy that's been on the new tech soles for a year, and he crushes.
    Missed this when it was first posted. What I meant to say was, they only have swappable DIN soles, no tech sole option. May be different this upcoming season.