will 14mm bsl make that much of a "difference" when skiing

My initial and gut impression is no. But I am curious to some of the more techy side to this. I mounted both my skis to a 330bsl, but decided that my 316bsl boot is my everyday boot. 14mm difference and it looks like I will be sliding the heel piece up a knotch to make this work Will I notice a significant difference when skiing?

you'll be @ +7mm of your "previous mount".
    hard to say if you'll notice a difference.

are you sure your heel piece will adjust 14mm forward?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

first binding is a jester pro, and it was mounted at the very end of the track so I think yes it should move forward...? Second binding was a FKS. Are those heels adjustable?

wait how did you get 7mm? is it 14 split between the toe and the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by JJChit View Post
    wait how did you get 7mm? is it 14 split between the toe and the heel.
    Yep, basically. Usually people talk about mounting points at the center of the boot. Moving the heel piece 14mm forward to accomodate the shorter boot will put the center of the 316mm boot 7mm forward of where the center of a 330mm boot would be.

from your initial post it sounded as if you're going to a smaller boot but keeping the same binding, no?

FWIW the FKS has +/- 7.5mm in the heel (~15mm of total adjustment range).

Right Pfluffemeister. Going 1 size down and keeping the same bindings. Right now I have the FKS mounted at factory line (w/330bsl) but had considered mounting them at +1 ( this means 1cm..right?) I guess if I move the FKS heels up 7mm this would be close to +1 right?

typically binders are mounted for the desired BSL with the heel in the middle of their adjustment range.

if this is the case for your mount then the heel will only go down to about a 322mm BSL (330-7.5), causing you to need to remount.

easiest to just reuse the toe holes and redrill the heels forward of the old heel holes).

cool thx man

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    typically binders are mounted for the desired BSL with the heel in the middle of their adjustment range.

if this is the case for your mount then the heel will only go down to about a 322mm BSL (330-7.5), causing you to need to remount.

easiest to just reuse the toe holes and redrill the heels forward of the old heel holes).
    Agreed 100%. Remount FKS heels forward. You'll be golden. Should be no need to remount Jester heels.