Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Anybody know what kind of DIN settings these gals run? I'm hyperfocused on all the injuries since I am just coming off of my own. Fascinating to read the backstory on the racers that are injured and recovering/recovered.

Simply insane lower section on that second slalom run. You could tell she hit hyper gear when she heard the gasp from the crowd. She was floating through the gates. I think the series of gates at this spot in the Youtube video linked above was what got her the win.

Name:  shiffrin_Slalom.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  87.2 KB

She LAUNCHED herself through there with far more speed than any of the other women. She was almost a bit out of control which is unusual for her.

It is her M.O. to sit back on the upper section of a course either maintaining of losing time and then crush the bottom section to end up with silly win margins. I wonder (getting into the Lindsey V realm here) if she could be competitive with the men if she could start to put together full runs at her ludicrous speed?

I think she is gaining confidence in the fact that she can push the speed edge farther into the out of control range and still control it . Now that she is figuring that she doesn't have to look perfect, she is going to start dominating the faster events (see evidence of this in the back-to-back GS wins).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Shiffrin

Stenmark was something to watch back in the day. Shiffrin is at least or more dominant now.

Straddle in the slalom in Zagreb. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Anybody know what kind of DIN settings these gals run? I'm hyperfocused on all the injuries since I am just coming off of my own. Fascinating to read the backstory on the racers that are injured and recovering/recovered.
    They are all running race springs. Anywhere from 14-20 din, higher for speed. Marker make a 20-30 heavy spring some of the ladies are using.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    They are all running race springs. Anywhere from 14-20 din, higher for speed. Marker make a 20-30 heavy spring some of the ladies are using.
    14 to 18 is what I've heard for technical and 16-20+ for speed. Depends a lot on individual traits / preferences. A 135lb WC female is still going to have significantly different dins from a 180lb racer.

How many gates has she skied without a major mistake before today?

Well it has certainly been a while since she had a DNF in Slalom.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ecord-44524077

It was the first time in more than four years that Shiffrin failed to finish a slalom race. Her previous DNF came in Semmering, Austria, in December 2012, one week after she had earned her first of 26 career victories.
    The crazy part is that even though Shiffrin has dominated the season so far, with that DNF, Zuzulova is only 10 points back in the slalom standings. Shows you that Zuzulova has been skiing very consistently as well.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

This DNF prob cost her the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    How many gates has she skied without a major mistake before today?

Well it has certainly been a while since she had a DNF in Slalom.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ecord-44524077

The crazy part is that even though Shiffrin has dominated the season so far, with that DNF, Zuzulova is only 10 points back in the slalom standings. Shows you that Zuzulova has been skiing very consistently as well.
    She does seem to be pushing a lot harder recently, it is often necessary in SL to win where a couple of recoveries are still quicker than skiing clean but there is balance. I couldn't see from the clip on the FIS site if this was just a simple lapse in judgement or not though.
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by jed peters View Post
    probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by jed peters View Post
    doubtful, it made the sl standings close, she's crushing the overall
    http://data.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiin...&discipline=SL

SHIFFRIN, won 500 points
    VELEZ ZUZULOVA, dnf 390 points
    SL standins after Maribor

Shiffrin

Today she had a gate break off, hang between her legs for a turn, she kinda skis around it/ignores it/steps over it...wins.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    doubtful, it made the sl standings close, she's crushing the overall
    http://data.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiin...&discipline=SL
    Wow didn't realise it was so big. I can't find a decent calender on the FIS site, are there more speed events in the second half of the season?

Amazing if she takes the overall going into the season never having won anything other than SL events.
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Wow didn't realise it was so big. I can't find a decent calender on the FIS site, are there more speed events in the second half of the season?

Amazing if she takes the overall going into the season never having won anything other than SL events.
    She won two GS events in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Today she had a gate break off, hang between her legs for a turn, she kinda skis around it/ignores it/steps over it...wins.
    I read that had happened and pulled up some video. The broken gate happened a little over halfway through her second run. It cost her some momentum and time but you could see that she hit a higher gear through the remaining gates since she knew she had to go mach-loony speed to make up the time. I'm not aware of any skiers powering through such a mishap and make it look so routine (I suppose some of Bode's maneuvers back in day come close).

Gate incident near 1:45 in video below:

Edited to add a video link that isn't broken.
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 01-10-2017 at 11:43 AM.

incredible
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    She won two GS events in 2 days.
    Going into the season he said. Prior to this year she hadn't won any events aside from SL.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Going into the season he said. Prior to this year she hadn't won any events aside from SL.
    She won her first GS in October 2014 in Sölden.

She probably would have won more last year but she got hurt before she got enough chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    incredible
    x2... And this incredible young lady is only going to get stronger and better... You had Pele, Jordan, Tiger and now MS...! What an absolute incredible skier and talent... The only thing I feel sorry for is the competition...!

^^^I agree very much with this post. I think we could be witnessing a once in a generation type talent. She seems very motivated to beat the competition. If she can stay healthy...
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Anyone have any thoughts on why we are doing so well on the women's side and struggling outside Liggety on the men's side?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on why we are doing so well on the women's side and struggling outside Liggety on the men's side?
    Outside of Shiffrin we have an aging/injured Vonn and a Mancuso who only really shows up at the Olympics.

I wouldn't say that is "doing well"

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. Ridiculous.