Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Comments above mostly reflect my opinion. I buy and sell here relatively frequently, and I want nothing to do with the Enthusify Marketplace. Yeah, I might miss a good deal here and there if it's not listed in the old format, but I'm ok with that.

Does the Marketplace even get much traffic? Is it working for some folks? Is it working for TGR? I kinda doubt it.

Did JayPowHound's issue get resolved?
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 05-26-2013 at 11:59 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by enthusify View Post
    Research has shown that members are up to 2x more likely to purchase your item when you use the new marketplace tools due to the conveniences the tools provide to buyers.
    Show of hands of mags that were asked this question and responded in the affirmative.

Utter bullshit.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Holy fucking shitballs Batman! Scott and I agree on something!

I don't know anything about enthusify or the marketplace because I've pretty much stopped buying and selling gear here since it was implemented. Makes me sad, I've gotten some great deals and passed along a few.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

We can still do deals here with out "enthusifying" yes?

yes

I will post up some free shit tomorrow unenthusiastically for my fellow unenthusiasts.

soft shell jacket
    hard shell jacket
    kids skis

blow it out your ass Chad

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Show of hands of mags that were asked this question and responded in the affirmative.

Utter bullshit.
    Yes. Poor chad. He comes across slick, polished and polite in this sea of vulgarity. Of course, he's a marketing guy and he's paid to be here and be nice and market the hell out of the product he is selling. But...I don't trust him in general, and his invoking of this ethereal "research" is laughable. I don't trust marketing "research" anyway, but chad's use of it in this context was particularly convenient, slimy marketing jargon. Come on, really. For one, was the sample population at all representative? Somehow I doubt it. For two, given the clusterfuck that was gearswap when it was self-regulated by maggots it would've been really really hard to collect data on successfully completed sales by which to compare that to the data being collected now on completed sales through enthusify. So 2x more likely than what? Fuck-all if they could say I'm sure. So, at best it is an unrepresentative sample compared to some different past online forum of "automotive, sporting, or hobbyist enthusiasts" whose data they could collect/project. And, I may be giving chad too much credit, he may have just pulled this out of his and there is no "research" at all beyond what was cooked up in some marketing guys head. Quite frankly, you can make this kind of market "research" show anything you want it to, so it is simply hand waving.

But it does also depend on your goal: do you want to foster a community of core skiers who also swap around their gear, or do you want to foster a core group of hawkers who may also ski? Research shows that you are 10x more likely to alienate your core user group and drive loyal supporters in other directions if you attempt monetize their interactions against their will. I know enthusify is still optional. But, the fact that it is now, for all intents, the "face" of TGR gearswap means that any hope of maintaining a core community of users within the chaos of gearswap that used it for what it always was, is now on its way out or gone. The lovely tension that had built up and thrived between core users and those retailing for profit will die out. Any new/young users will simply alike gearswap to an eBay experience that caters to those with good taste in gear. And the retailers win. Maybe I'll go way back and just post up mag deals when I have them in the ski/snowboard forum. That is probably where true hook-ups should be offered in the future. When I want to get my retailer on and move a fleet of demos with maximum vis and profit I'll think about enthusify and check in with chad on the ins-and-outs of how simple selling things in the marketplace is, although I'll probably just go to ebay or craigslist at that point since I've already got that system down for retailing shit.

In my alcohol infused down time tonight, I did google enthusify and check out their website "A Marketplace for Enthusiasts: Enthusify currently powers marketplaces for automotive, sporting, and hobbyist communities. Monetize your classifieds and increase user engagement!" It really does look like a good product for what they are trying to do. So, nothing personal chad, you may be representing a fine company and product, I just wish you weren't here.

I'll unenthusiasticly claim the softshell if its my size
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

just took a walk through the Marketplace
    a waste of time - likely a waste of TGR's $$

im glad im not the only one that hates enthusiblows.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Hmmm...only vaguely remember making that post last night...but yeah, enthusify sucks.

Two days ago I hit the "BUY" button on a pair of skis that had been on the UN-enthusify marketplace. The seller is supposed to contact me to arrange for payment since he didn't want to deal with Panjoke.

So far, I haven't heard from the seller.

Not quite sure how this is better than what GS used to be.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I think that TGR should seriously reconsider whether they want a long-term vendor strategy for gear swap sales -- aka Enthusify and Panjo. It seems to me that there's three main advantages of this:

1. Create a "secure" buying service and avoid legal problems that come up in traditional gear swap transactions.
    2. Eventually create ad revenue by implementing marketplace ads.
    3. Eventually move to a format where a percentage of the sale is pocketed by TGR.

As a web admin, I've got some insight into the disadvantages of these vendor services. They include poor customer service, remote maintenance, vendor costs, and the reliability of migrating to new "marketplaces" when the Enthusify / Panjo companies pull out or switch gears.

I think TGR should just abandon the marketplace idea because it's clunky and doesn't seem in the spirit of TGR. In other words, I think it's bad for the brand.

Problem-posted on Marketplace and okd double posting on TGR listview. Deleted thread on Marketplace, but unable to delete thread on list view. When I go to delete there are no choices in the box.

Hello everyone,

My name is Niko and I am the Community Manager here at Panjo. I just want to check in and see how everyone's experience with the marketplace is.

We recently released a performance improvement update and significantly reduced the need for page reloads while browsing the marketplace. If you have any feedback, questions, or comments regarding the marketplace, please reach out to me directly here on this thread or at info@panjo.com

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

It sucks. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    It sucks. Go away.
    I was going to say exactly this.

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you are both dissatisfied with the marketplace. Is there specific feedback you have or a way you think that the marketplace can be improved?

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo

Take it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you are both dissatisfied with the marketplace. Is there specific feedback you have or a way you think that the marketplace can be improved?

Best,
    Niko @ Panjo
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Take it somewhere else.
    A little background:

There has been a Gear Swap here for over a decade. While very occasionally an individual transaction will not go smoothly, overall it has worked well and been a huge benefit to forum members, particularly those that have been around for a while and have taken the time/energy to contribute to these forums.

TGR management decided to implement the Panjo system and felt that if they left the OG Gear Swap and people had a choice which system they wanted to use, that there was really no adverse impacts. Not all agreed with that point of view or decision.

While it's great that you are reaching out and looking for feedback, you should be aware that to some the Marketplace was a solution looking for a problem.
    just my $.02...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Well at least you don't have the gear swap buried like it was for a while.

Panjo you probably have a great product and provide great service. We just don't want it.

The marketplace is pointless. We don't need it or want it. The only way to improve it would be to take it somewhere else. That's not what this place is (was?) about..

Hugh Conway Guest
    I could never find a compelling reason to use it on either side of the transaction; reading this thread it doesn't look like anyone came up with a compelling $ reason for the seller to bother. Given there's at least 3 different Panjo employees who've parachuted in here to solicit feedback to be ignored, or just cut-n-paste marketing babble, it doesn't look like you guys particularly give a shit.

Anyways it still loads sllllooowwwwwly so I rarely bother to even look as a buyer.

Hi everyone,

I just want to post a quick update to let you all know about the recent changes made to the Panjo Marketplace over the weekend. Here is a link to the Panjo Blog that details all the changes: http://panjo-marketplace.blogspot.co...tails-and.html

Let me know what you think! What do you like? What do you dislike? What do you want to see in the next update?

Sincerely,
    Niko @ Panjo

nice share guys