Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Info on TGR Marketplace for buying and selling gear

Guys,
    We have added a marketplace forum option to the gear swap section of the site. You are free to use it or not use it and continue to use the gear swap forum as you always have. We think it is a cool way to organize and sort gear so people do not have to do deep searches and be bumping their own threads all the time. Essentially you have options now.
    1. Post in Gear Swap list view as you always have
    2. Utilize the Enthusify marketplace tools. These can be accessed:
    a. Through the announcement at the top of all gear swap list pages
    b. Through the gear swap marketplace subforum(If you are working on those pages you must use the marketplace tools.)

Also note, we will be offering Maggot exclusive deals in the marketplace.

If you are not interested in the marketplace, stop reading and go to the gear swap list view.

If you are interested here are some more details:
    1. You have the option to use or not use the buy now button. The buy now button completes a secure transaction via credit card.
    2. The fee using the buy now button is 5% of the transaction and is billed to the seller.
    3. You can list products within the marketplace and opt to not use the buy now button and users can message you direct to complete a transaction.
    4. If you do use the buy now button your money is held in escrow for 14 days or as soon as the purchaser receives the gear they can initiate the release of your money which would happen immediately at that point. The escrow period provides a buffer to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers. If you know someone well and trust them you can notify Enthusify to release the funds immediately
    5. All Items listen in the marketplace will also auto generate a thread in the gear swap list view forum

You can Check it out here.
    Last edited by TGR420; 12-20-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Isn't paypal still 3% and instant to a few days?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Isn't paypal still 3% and instant to a few days?
    $.30 transaction fee, and 2.9% of the transaction.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

The contact address in Enthusify listings defaults to the billing address for PayPal, which isn't the case for me, and there seems to be no way to work around it.

What say you, TGR420. any solve?

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    The contact address in Enthusify listings defaults to the billing address for PayPal, which isn't the case for me, and there seems to be no way to work around it. What say you, TGR420. any solve?
    Hi - Chad here - one of the guys from the Enthusify/Teton Gravity Marketplace support team. Can you elaborate? What do you mean "The contact address in Enthusify listings..." What address? Displaying where?

Quote Originally Posted by enthusify View Post
    Hi - Chad here - one of the guys from the Enthusify/Teton Gravity Marketplace support team. Can you elaborate? What do you mean "The contact address in Enthusify listings..." What address? Displaying where?
    In the first template screen when you add a listing.

In the first template screen when you add a listing.
    Ah! You are referring to the "Contact Email" below. You are saying that for your listing, you want prospective buyers to contact you at one email address and when your item sells, you want the payment sent to a different email address. Put your contact address in that field. When your item sells, we will send the payment notification to your contact address. PayPal makes it VERY easy to retrieve the payment in your primary PayPal account. It is as simple as logging in when we transfer your payment from the buyer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 11.54.32 AM.png 
Views:	465 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	128481

Ah! You are referring to the "Contact Email" below. You are saying that for your listing, you want prospective buyers to contact you at one email address and when your item sells, you want the payment sent to a different email address. Put your contact address in that field. When your item sells, we will send the payment notification to your contact address. PayPal makes it VERY easy to retrieve the payment in your primary PayPal account. It is as simple as logging in when we transfer your payment from the buyer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 11.54.32 AM.png 
Views:	465 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	128481
    I use a standard email address, and it is not the same as any of the paypal addresses that I use for payment.

PayPal takes a cut for commerce. Is this marketplace, Enthusify, or any entity thereof, taking a cut as well? Like eBay does?

PayPal takes a cut for commerce. Is this marketplace, Enthusify, or any entity thereof, taking a cut as well? Like eBay does?
    My question as well.. PayPal charges 3%, it seems like this marketplace just makes it slightly easier to use PayPal yet charges 5%.. is that about right?

I'm thinking nice try, but no thanks.

When you list an item for sale using the new Teton Gravity marketplace AND when you choose to use the payment processing system built into the marketplace AND when you choose to receive your funds via PayPal, here is the schedule of fees:
    1) It is free to list an item for sale
    2) There is a 5% payment processing fee
    3) There are 0 PayPal fees
    Thus, if you list an item for sale for $100, you will receive $95.

You are NOT required to use the payment processing tools. Those tools are there for the convenience of buyers and sellers. You can sell your ski and snowboard gear using the new tools and continue to collect payment just as you always have.

Again, boltonoutlaw, it is 100% fine to create a listing and use your "standard email address (that) is not the same as any of the paypal addresses that (you) use for payment." When we collect and verify the buyer's payment and transfer it to you, you will receive a notification of the payment at your standard email address. You will click on a link in that email and simply log into PayPal with your PayPal credentials in order to deposit the funds into your PayPal account of choice. Most sellers use the same email for PayPal as they do for their primary email address. It is 100% fine that you do not. You can still retrieve payments from Teton Gravity buyers using the new system.

We look forward to seeing your items for sale. Let us know what you think of the posting process. Thanks!

Which info? Which market page?
    The market profile page, or whatever you call it.. as well as the About Seller info at the bottom of each listing.

Info is TGR join date, post count, location, and a link to the tgr profile page just like you would have in the main TGR forums.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 12-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    In the 'About Seller' section at the bottom can you include join date, post count, location, and a link to the tgr profile page just like you would have in the main forums?
    Great suggestions. We get that on the product roadmap and see what we can do. FYI - in case you didn't notice, once you start listing items for sale, you get a Seller Profile Page.

Can prices be modified throughout the selling process to reflect negotiation of shipping costs, trades, etc?
    Yes. You have options as a seller to modify prices through out the selling process. In fact, there is an OBO (or best offer) feature that allows you to issue a private checkout page with a price that is lower than the list price to a single individual. Example: You list an item for $100. A buyer asks if you will take $85. You can use the system to issue that one prospective buyer a check out page with an $85 price. However, the main public listing will still say $100. So, if that buyer never buys or drags his/her feet, you still have your listing promoted at $100.

Is a 'Marketplace Message' the same as a Private Message? Will it show up in / come from my regular tgr pm box and follow whatever email notification settings I already have in place?
    If someone sends you a message in the marketplace, you get an email with the message. A copy of the message is stored in your marketplace inbox. At this time, it is not integrated with the PM system. We intend to do more integration with the PM system. However, do to features like the OBO feature mentioned above, we had to get the system started with a standalone message system.

Any chance for app compatibility?
    What do you mean?

Can I use it to order pizza??
    You can use it to order pizza. Prepare for disappointing results.

Thanks for your awesome questions.

1.. Could you get all that TGR info automatically listed on the market page?

2.. Great!

3.. What email are you using, and is this notification automatic? Can those settings be changed?

4.. There is a TGR Forums app.. any chance of an add-on for it ( something like the eBay app perhaps..) so transactions be done easily from a phone?

5.. If you can make it a bacon pizza the chances disappointment are pretty low!

It still seems like you're just tacking 2 more percent and a longer waiting period onto paypal.
    No longer stuck.

So, I take a private sale from Gear Swap, add 5% on the price to remain even to post it @enthusify and this is this better for mags how?

So, I take a private sale from Gear Swap, add 5% on the price to remain even to post it @enthusify and this is this better for mags how?
    You don't have to use it at all. You can just post in the normal gear swap forum. Also, you can post in the marketplace and not use the buy now button and you can complete the transaction outside the system via messaging. Totally democratic opportunity for the peeps. I sold my lens pretty quickly in there today.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Sturgis Uncensored

Could you get all that TGR info automatically listed on the market page?
    Which info? Which market page? If you are talking about the Gear Swap sub forum - then the answer is yes. When you create a listing in the new marketplace, that listing automatically creates a thread post in the Gear Swap sub forum with a "Buy Now!" button that links to the secure check out page.

What email are you using, and is this notification automatic? Can those settings be changed?
    When you create your first listing, the system pre fills your official TGR email. However, many sellers like to use a different email. We display the email we have on file for you and give you a chance to change it. At this time, there are no settings for the marketplace email messages. When a buyer sends you a message, you get an email immediately. When your item sells, you get an email immediately.

There is a TGR Forums app.. any chance of an add-on for it ( something like the eBay app perhaps..) so transactions be done easily from a phone?
    Ah! The marketplace tools are functional from a mobile app. Even the photo upload tools are integrated with the iOS and Android photo galleries. The marketplace isn't yet small screen optimized. We plan to do that in a future release. You can give it a try by opening the Teton Gravity marketplace on a mobile device.

It still seems like you're just tacking 2 more percent and a longer waiting period onto paypal.
    Teton Gravity's payment processing partner, Enthusify, transfers payment from the buyer to the seller at the request of the buyer or after 14 days, which ever occurs first. We have a new feature coming out soon that will provide sellers with immediate transfer options. Some sellers insist on getting paid before they ship. That is fine. However, it is the buyer's money. It is the buyers decision if he/she wants the payment held until he/she has at least spoken to the seller, or a tracking number from the seller.

This system also protects a seller from a buyer flaking on payment or submitting a fraudulent payment.

At the time of sale, Enthusify collects and verifies the buyers payment. The seller can confidently ship knowing that a full valid payment is waiting for him/her.

Fair question. What are the benefits? We have done a lot of testing in various enthusiast communities.

For sellers, benefits include:
    • The "Buy Now!" selling format helps you sell faster.
    • The "Buy Now!" button increases your chance of selling by 30%.
    • The toolset saves you time by reducing the administrative work to get to a completed sale.
    • A new payment verification tool protects you from fraudulent buyers.
    • A new, simple form makes it easier to create your listing.
    • You can now optionally accept payment on the site for a transaction fee. Listing an item continues to be free.
    • A new design better showcases your listings and photos.

For buyers, improvements include:
    • Purchasing through the site comes with a 14 day buyer protection.
    • All transaction information and communication is encrypted for security.
    • You can buy items with your favorite Visa, Discover, Novus, Cirrus, Maestro or MasterCard.
    • Check out is fast and easy.
    • A customer service team is available to support you.

So then I also have to give you my bank account info so I can sell stuff to non-maggots at a loss and then lose 5% further in fees? What kind of security you got?

Enthusify, i could see how your product might benefit some lesser physically connected communities, but at 5% it makes it not worth it to deal with maggots thru you. Seriously. People actually know each other here. If I was dishonest and some kind of moron, people would find me. Maggots know me by sight, and would take me off the damn mountain. And I'm not close enough to any of them personally that they would hesitate to give me a hard time. Look it up. This has been done before.
    That means we can paypal each other and mark gift and pay no fees and have the money in 3 business days.

Good luck, I guess.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

So then I also have to give you my bank account info so I can sell stuff to non-maggots at a loss and then lose 5% further in fees? What kind of security you got?

Enthusify, i could see how your product might benefit some lesser physically connected communities, but at 5% it makes it not worth it to deal with maggots thru you. Seriously. People actually know each other here. If I was dishonest and some kind of moron, people would find me. Maggots know me by sight, and would take me off the damn mountain. And I'm not close enough to any of them personally that they would hesitate to give me a hard time. Look it up. This has been done before.
    That means we can paypal each other and mark gift and pay no fees and have the money in 3 business days.

Good luck, I guess.

Sent from my DROID2
    Remember you can use the marketplace and still sell direct with no fees if you want to. Then your stuff will live in both places.

Sturgis Uncensored

I'm just saying, enthusify might be a bullshit artist.
    No longer stuck.

So then I also have to give you my bank account info so I can sell stuff...
    You do not have to give bank account info to sell and get paid via the new Teton Gravity Marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Remember you can use the marketplace and still sell direct with no fees if you want to. Then your stuff will live in both places.

that's the only way I'll use it

if I use it at all

do not want
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    You don't have to use it at all. You can just post in the normal gear swap forum. Also, you can post in the marketplace and not use the buy now button and you can complete the transaction outside the system via messaging. Totally democratic opportunity for the peeps. I sold my lens pretty quickly in there today.
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be a dick just want to discern its true cost. If you're cool with me using your marketplace to arrange private sales well ok, thanks.